AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#31New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 19:58:02
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Hey, as long as you understand, my opinion of Olbermann is the same as my opinion on Beck, O'Reily, Limbaugh.... really any of the extremests. I stay away form Faux News and C(rappy)NN all the time.

If I want political news I really just stick to Daily Show and the Colbert Report on TV because they don't pretend to really be news shows.

I tend to really enjoy listening to NPR as they are, imo, the least biased source out there.

Me too. My dad gives me crap for watching them for news (he's a fan of Fox News) but I explained it to him this way:

I am very well aware that what they put on their show is not complete or accurate. They make their audience well aware of that...their shows are on Comedy Central . That in itself speaks volumes!

They make fun of things that are actually going on. It makes me aware of an issue that, if I want to know more about it, I can go research it myself.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#32New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 20:03:04
@someone_else Said

Me too. My dad gives me crap for watching them for news (he's a fan of Fox News) but I explained it to him this way:

I am very well aware that what they put on their show is not complete or accurate. They make their audience well aware of that...their shows are on Comedy Central . That in itself speaks volumes!

They make fun of things that are actually going on. It makes me aware of an issue that, if I want to know more about it, I can go research it myself.

Well, sometimes they are more complete than Faux or C(rappy)NN
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#33New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 21:26:42
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I enjoy both the shows, but they are intended to make a comical point of the absurd situations our serious politicians place all of us in. The two shows, as you say, provide comic relief to serious situations and thats fine. As you tend toward my age and life experience, you will understand why its important to get your news from many sources. No way to explain it, but my father always said to me (when I was young and left-oriented), you can't put a wise head on young shoulders. Just the way it is, thats why we call it life experience.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#34New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 21:33:22
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I enjoy both the shows, but they are intended to make a comical point of the absurd situations our serious politicians place all of us in. The two shows, as you say, provide comic relief to serious situations and thats fine. As you tend toward my age and life experience, you will understand why its important to get your news from many sources. No way to explain it, but my father always said to me (when I was young and left-oriented), you can't put a wise head on young shoulders. Just the way it is, thats why we call it life experience.

Ahh, but when the news sources all throw junk at you like it is news then there is no wisdom to be found there.

This is why I tend to stick to NPR and local news stations. Less bias, more real news.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#35New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 21:50:30
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Ahh, but when the news sources all throw junk at you like it is news then there is no wisdom to be found there.

This is why I tend to stick to NPR and local news stations. Less bias, more real news.

NPR does a good job, but they hire people with voices that want to make you go to sleep. There are many small media groups doing an excellent job of providing unbiased coverage on many issues you will never see in the American mainstream media. I listen to NPR on weekends, but they do trend left in their analysis of news. Always good to hear from someone trending right. You'll know your enemy, whichever side it is, and you may hear something that will make you think twice.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#36New Post! Sep 02, 2010 @ 22:00:30
@Junkyard_Jim Said

NPR does a good job, but they hire people with voices that want to make you go to sleep. There are many small media groups doing an excellent job of providing unbiased coverage on many issues you will never see in the American mainstream media. I listen to NPR on weekends, but they do trend left in their analysis of news. Always good to hear from someone trending right. You'll know your enemy, whichever side it is, and you may hear something that will make you think twice.

I so know what you mean about how they sound. Most of them here are college kids interning for bigger jobs after they graduate. These are the ones who trend left... then you have the money market people who trend libertarian The only time I feel that I get a full trend right on NPR is when a Prairie Home Companion is on LOVE that show though.

We have several stations like that I listen to while delivering pizzas on Sats.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#37New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 00:08:47
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I so know what you mean about how they sound. Most of them here are college kids interning for bigger jobs after they graduate. These are the ones who trend left... then you have the money market people who trend libertarian The only time I feel that I get a full trend right on NPR is when a Prairie Home Companion is on LOVE that show though.

We have several stations like that I listen to while delivering pizzas on Sats.

I like the "Click and Clack" brothers from Boston. Car mechanics.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#38New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 05:41:51
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Here's an interesting little snippet. I haven't watched the clip here, but I'm watching it on TV right now. So uhh..I think it got it all.
The Daily Show re: Fox News and \'The Mosque of Terror\' !
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#39New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:04:36
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I like the "Click and Clack" brothers from Boston. Car mechanics.

I love Click and Clack! I never get to hear them though

@someone_else Said

Here's an interesting little snippet. I haven't watched the clip here, but I'm watching it on TV right now. So uhh..I think it got it all.
The Daily Show re: Fox News and \'The Mosque of Terror\' !

One of the best episodes ever

Have you seen the Team N-word Team R-word skit yet?
patriotic On March 13, 2020

#40New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:24:27
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Link to Fox News report gives and in-depth article on Glenn Beck who has stated he was wrong to issue statements that he felt President Obama had a deep seated hatred for white people. Very interesting take on his philosophy regarding President Obama's interest or support in "collective salvation" theology. Even if you don't like Beck, you should read the article. He is a political power in the US and he will have influence over US politics. If his event on Saturday past is any indication, he may have eclipsed Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. He appears to be more of a Libertarian than a Republican and readily states that both the Democrat and Republican Party have "sold their souls". If you like politics, this is worth a read. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/29/beck-amends-obama-racist-comment-questions-belief-collective-salvation/?test=latestnews

The Fox News report can be compared to other media groups reporting on Beck's statement. Interesting slants depending on where you stand in the political spectrum:
https://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/28/beck-obama-racist-theology/
https://dailycaller.com/2010/08/29/beck-amends-obama-is-racist-charge-questions-his-belief-in-collective-salvation/
https://www.suite101.com/content/glenn-beck-amends-saying-obama-racist-admits-to-big-fat-mouth-a280106

Not surprisingly, I could find nothing, at this time, regarding this story at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS. A shame that the traditional media is so far behind in almost everything of interest and accuracy. A recent report has revealed that 88% of the executive level employees at these networks contributed only to President Obama's campaign. It is certainly their right to do that, but it makes one pause regarding objectivity in news and event reporting.

I don't know much about Glen Beck. What you read about any one can't take it seiously. I support him for one thing only and that is "reclaiming America". And that is saving America from the islamic invasion. Any one who tries to get rid of this imposter out of the WH will get my support. This is the first step and then deal with the rest of them after. We need Americans who try to clean the HOUSE.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#41New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:28:27
@patriotic Said

I don't know much about Glen Beck. What you read about any one can't take it seiously. I support him for one thing only and that is "reclaiming America". And that is saving America from the islamic invasion. Any one who tries to get rid of this imposter out of the WH will get my support. This is the first step and then deal with the rest of them after. We need Americans who try to clean the HOUSE.

You obviously don't know much about anything political.

#42New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:35:21
@Junkyard_Jim Said

"Not surprisingly, I could find nothing, at this time, regarding this story at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS. A shame that the traditional media is so far behind in almost everything of interest and accuracy. A recent report has revealed that 88% of the executive level employees at these networks contributed only to President Obama's campaign. It is certainly their right to do that, but it makes one pause regarding objectivity in news and event reporting."

Yes, in my opinion, the mainstream media is mostly responisble for the mess we are in now. It influenced greatly the American mass to vote for a Muslim (Islam is the most dangerous enemy America ever faced). I wrote an essay back late 70s, which I called the perfidious media.

#43New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:40:51
@boxerdc Said

You obviously don't know much about anything political.

But, you do!
"political" is becoming a very vague word with very conflicting meaning.
Not because you don't agree with me you get rude. But, oh sorry, you know politics.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#44New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:49:32
@patriotic Said

Removing Glenn Beck from his show and removing Barack Obama from his presidency, standing them side by side, they are both good men wanting the best for their country as they interpret what is best.

Beck, being a Libertarian, wants minimal government intrusion into daily life. He wants a strict translation of the Constitution and for the feds to stick to international relations and security of the citizenry.

Obama, being a Progressive Liberal, wants a large government that oversees much of daily life, handles the citizens every basic need and prefers the Constitution to be considered a fluid instrument to be translated according to situational events.

I fall right of center between both these guys. I believe Obama means well, but my opinion is that he is battered by the old-line partisan politicians, such as Reid and Pelosi who throw much of what he wants done off-track. This actually is good for the right of center, because I don't support the large government programs that would easily be passed and put in place if they were able to cooperate.

The Republicans sold their soul and are actually what the Democrats were in the 1960s. They have their own share of Progressives and would have large expensive entitlement programs also if they were in the least effective. They aren't, and they have their own problems with internal bickering.

However, both sides hate the other sider for what it is, so nothing gets done of any real use. The Tea Party steps in. Well, there's the question. The TP may be the catalyst to jump start a modification in the Republican Party. If that happens, there will be very large changes in the political landscape in America over the next few election cycles.

The Left thinks the TP is a bunch of non-intelligent far right conservatives. This is a massive misjudgment on their part in not seeing that many non-aligned traditionalists and moderates may not belong to the TP, but they sympathize and support many of its platforms and efforts.

This support for President Obama's platform is dwindling because he has jumped from his campaign position presenting himself as a middle of the road person and landed squarely on the left, too far from the center for many of us. Dems and the Progressives can defend his position, but he has appointed too many old college radicals to his czar positions and advisory bureaucratic positions.

So, I agree, there will be something of a housecleaning coming up through 2012 - 2013. Obama can still avoid this by doing what Clinton wisely chose to do in the 1990s, but my bet is his personal beliefs in his calling to duty will not allow it. He'll always be admired by some and shunned by others, but he'll be wealthy and influential. I think he will be planning his library sooner than he thought, authoring books and making speeches to those who admire him.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#45New Post! Sep 03, 2010 @ 14:07:11
@patriotic Said

But, you do!
"political" is becoming a very vague word with very conflicting meaning.
Not because you don't agree with me you get rude. But, oh sorry, you know politics.

I know that our president is not a muslim. And I also know that Glenn Beck is not 'reclaiming America'.

And since you believe that obama is a muslim and that beck is 'reclaiming America' I can say with some confidence that you don't have a clue about politics.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs