The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Teens

Girls: The raw, real God's honest truth about teenage pregnancy.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#76New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 00:22:23
@noseycow Said

i knew what you meant lol,x but had ro have a wise crack

Lol!
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#78New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:47:03
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

Also, I see the thread title has changed. It is not the God's honest truth that teenage pregnancy will doom you, the title is misleading.

The thread title hasn't changed.
Carly's Mommy

#79New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:48:45
@Hot_Rod Said

Why is this always such a subject for snobbery???

The body is capable of pregnancy at these ages, and many are sexually active. Not all, but some choose to become pregnant - it is their life, their body and their choice. It is not 'un-classy', it is not 'sluttish' - it is simply part of life, and if some do it younger than others, well, so effin what?

While I don't call myself "classless" or a "slut", I'm not proud of being a teen mom. I love my baby, but I really wish it would have come later.

But I'm happy and positive and I refuse to play the victim card. I made my bed, I'm lying in it, and I have to toss and turn to be comfortable sometimes.
Carly's Mommy

#80New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:53:11
@Leon Said

I'm glad you have come to realize your mistake Kristy, although, by that, I'm not saying you should get an abortion or not be excited about your child. Good luck, and I hope you are an exception to all those statistics above. I think you are on the right track already.

Thanks.
I don't really like the word "mistake" too much, because I've been called that. Happy accident is better.
I'm going to struggle a bit, I realize this. But I'm extremely fortunate to have a lot of family support and they all want to help me succeed.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#82New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 11:08:12
@Eowyn Said

who in their right mind wants a baby so young anyways? who wants a baby when they have JUST married?

I was married in my early teens and to make a long story short, my third and youngest child was in school by my 25th birthday .
So I guess I would have to say , ' me' , to your 'who in their right mind' question,,,,

No, it was not always wonderful and never really easy .
bat then those things in life that make life livable and worth getting up in the morning usually aren't. IMO

(BTW, i was married before I got pregnant. I finished school ,we almost got on welfare once when we lost our income because the company hubby had been working for went belly up, )

I have a friend who had a baby young well she was 21 but she complained constantly and did not want to deal with the baby.then she meets some guy and gets prego again. and while she is getting huge and being super lazy. she complained about that as well. she now carries that baby around like its a bag or a stuffed animal.

I will never understand why some one would want a baby so young. I will never understand why if they want to have sex why not be smart and get on the pill?

I am married and 24 and still feel unready to have a kid.
it scares me just to think of having a baby and not being able to do the things i do now, such as sleep, clean and cook when I want to.

of course its cute and sweet to have a baby once you are married. but its really a good idea to be married 1st and I agree with what you said about it not making the relationship better..I heard once some where you don't have a baby to fix your problems. you fix your problems THEN have a baby.

I agree with what you are saying, Harsh but true :D I feel sorry for those who are not taught correctly, but I guess this is what happens when sex education is taught in schools. parents should really teach their kids about this.

My husband and I have already decided that if our daughter gets pregnant while she is young, we will NOT help her out but kick her out. she was woman enough to lay there and open her legs she will be woman enough to take care of it.

She will receive no help from us at all, but hopfully she will know better and not be so stupid

I knew a girl who wanted to have kids at 14 and she got what she wanted. some one said that the father of the babies would leave her. the father than claimed that he would not and he would be there for the babies, but what do you think happened when the babies were actually born? yes he up and left...

Girls are so stupid because they think that it will be easy and fun.but then after awhile they cry and complain and say they do not want the baby.

Some parents do help though. some parents are proud that their daughter went out and got pregnant. they are like wow I Am going to be a grandmother. that is soo great. some parents will do EVERYTHING for that girl and never complain. or some will just cover it up and say "oh this baby is mine" there are just stupid people in this world, and I SMH....

On the other hand I Hope all goes well with you!!! -hugs-

@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I had got pregnant at 16, none of those statistics are correct for me. I guess I'm the 1%
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#83New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 11:16:23
@Kristy69 Said

This is what I got so far. I'm even thinking of putting it on a plaque or something:

10 Promises

I promise to always love you.
Even when we fight, no matter where you are or what you’ve done,
you will never be without my love.

I promise to put you before anything else in my life.
You come first, no matter what.

I promise to create a peaceful home.
You deserve to feel safe and secure.

I promise to listen closely and without judgment.
Nothing you will do or say will change how I feel about you.

I promise to allow you the freedom to fail, I will forgive your
mistakes, and apologize when I am wrong.

I promise to remember that you have your own valid feelings, opinions and inner guidance.

I promise to teach you morals and values, as well as let you develop your own view points.

I promise to show you the value of hard work and the rewards that come along with it.

I promise to set firm boundaries and hold you accountable for your actions, but allow you the room to make your own mistakes and learn your own lessons.

I promise to hug, kiss, hold, praise and play with you.
You mean more to me than anything, you deserve to see that.

Keep it simple,

" I promise to forever love you unconditionally."
" I promise to always put your care and well being before anything on this earth."
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#84New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 12:18:26
@Kristy69 Said

I don't really like the word "mistake" too much, because I've been called that. Happy accident is better.

I've always been partial to "oops baby". It's got a kinda cutsie sound to it.
Carly's Mommy

#85New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 21:54:28
@chisa96 Said

I've always been partial to "oops baby". It's got a kinda cutsie sound to it.

True.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#86New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 22:34:56
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

Leon, mistake? Really?

Lethal, you had children and got married to a man that loves you and your children and would take care of you all. That wouldn't be a mistake. Kristy ended up getting pregnant by a guy who doesn't give a damn about her or her baby. Remember that the man in your life supports you, but the man in her life is supported by HER. That is a mistake.
DivineBeautii On August 26, 2012

, New York
#87New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 18:34:26
I agree with a lot you said... I was a teen mom (18) I finished High school worked and I'm a great mom. I know a lot of great teen moms. BUT its hard. Not taking care of the baby in its self but the responsibility of it. The fact that you can't enjoy what other kids your age are because you have irresponsibility to take care of. i wanted to go to prom and do things like live on campus join a sorority that all changed once i had my first kid. And although im blessed and lucky enough to have my own place be happily married its not often you hear that from teen moms. I wanted so much more for my life and it slowed down a lot.

Those teens who re crazy to plan a kid truly don't know wth they are doing..
DivineBeautii On August 26, 2012

, New York
#88New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 18:36:12
I agree with a lot you said... I was a teen mom (18) I finished High school worked and I'm a great mom. I know a lot of great teen moms. BUT its hard. Not taking care of the baby in its self but the responsibility of it. The fact that you can't enjoy what other kids your age are because you have irresponsibility to take care of. i wanted to go to prom and do things like live on campus join a sorority that all changed once i had my first kid. And although im blessed and lucky enough to have my own place be happily married its not often you hear that from teen moms. I wanted so much more for my life and it slowed down a lot.

Those teens who re crazy to plan a kid truly don't know wth they are doing..
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#89New Post! Aug 27, 2012 @ 18:06:12
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#90New Post! Aug 27, 2012 @ 18:18:15
This was an amazing post. Very informative.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs