The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Teens

Girls: The raw, real God's honest truth about teenage pregnancy.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#16New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:04:38
@Tar Said

f***in A, that's an awesome post! You ought to do a national tour to yell at teens to not be stupid. Bravo! You'd be the counterpoint to Bristol Palin! hahaha

Considering it!

God, I knew teens who got pregnant on purpose were stupid. But now that I myself am a pregnant teen (granted I'm almost out of my teens, but still), I'm like, who the f*** would want this?!
Carly's Mommy

#17New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:06:38
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

BTW, it is easy and fun, just depends on how well you do in the situation. I don't condone teen pregnancy but it really isn't that hard. Of course, I had the money, help, and support I needed. By help, I mean my mom not the government and by money, I mean I had a boyfriend who had a job (he's now my husband). I pity those who have to use the government for help. I also HATE teens or any woman who get pregnant for money/benefits.

I appreciate what you're saying, but you're hurting my cause!
Some idiot is gonna think they'll be lucky enough to be the 1%.
It's all about beating the stats and "Oh, well I'll be smart with it."

PLEASE don't tell girls it's easy and fun.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#18New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:09:10
I have no idea why anyone would want to get pregnant. x-x I am amazed that humans haven't already stopped making babies and gone extinct.
Carly's Mommy

#19New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:09:44
@Eowyn Said

who in their right mind wants a baby so young anyways? who wants a baby when they have JUST married? I have a friend who had a baby young well she was 21 but she complained constantly and did not want to deal with the baby.then she meets some guy and gets prego again. and while she is getting huge and being super lazy. she complained about that as well. she now carries that baby around like its a bag or a stuffed animal.

I will never understand why some one would want a baby so young. I will never understand why if they want to have sex why not be smart and get on the pill?

I am married and 24 and still feel unready to have a kid.
it scares me just to think of having a baby and not being able to do the things i do now, such as sleep, clean and cook when I want to.

of course its cute and sweet to have a baby once you are married. but its really a good idea to be married 1st and I agree with what you said about it not making the relationship better..I heard once some where you don't have a baby to fix your problems. you fix your problems THEN have a baby.

I agree with what you are saying, Harsh but true :D I feel sorry for those who are not taught correctly, but I guess this is what happens when sex education is taught in schools. parents should really teach their kids about this.

My husband and I have already decided that if our daughter gets pregnant while she is young, we will NOT help her out but kick her out. she was woman enough to lay there and open her legs she will be woman enough to take care of it.

She will receive no help from us at all, but hopfully she will know better and not be so stupid

I knew a girl who wanted to have kids at 14 and she got what she wanted. some one said that the father of the babies would leave her. the father than claimed that he would not and he would be there for the babies, but what do you think happened when the babies were actually born? yes he up and left...

Girls are so stupid because they think that it will be easy and fun.but then after awhile they cry and complain and say they do not want the baby.

Some parents do help though. some parents are proud that their daughter went out and got pregnant. they are like wow I Am going to be a grandmother. that is soo great. some parents will do EVERYTHING for that girl and never complain. or some will just cover it up and say "oh this baby is mine" there are just stupid people in this world, and I SMH....

On the other hand I Hope all goes well with you!!! -hugs-

It's a harsh reality. s*** was I f***ing naive.
I thought me and the dad would be this happy little family.
Now I realize I'm probably gonna be going it alone.

I'm strong and I can deal and I will survive... but it's certainly not ideal.

So many girls don't realize that it is no longer about them.
s***, I'm sticking it out right now with my baby's dad because I feel like it's better for my child.
But after today, I'm not so sure.
Idk if I want my son or daughter seeing the drama and fighting...
Carly's Mommy

#20New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:10:18
@Asme251 Said

I have no idea why anyone would want to get pregnant. x-x I am amazed that humans haven't already stopped making babies and gone extinct.

Because this:

Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#21New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:13:32
@Kristy69 Said

Considering it!

God, I knew teens who got pregnant on purpose were stupid. But now that I myself am a pregnant teen (granted I'm almost out of my teens, but still), I'm like, who the f*** would want this?!

I'll be damned if I know. I'm a guy and when I was 15-19, having a kid was the FURTHEST thing from my mind. I was happy just to get my a** out of bed, hit the job for 12 hours, get home and shower, head off to college for another 6, get home for another 3 to study, and MAYBE sleep before I went back to work. Having a kid? f*** that, I didn't have enough time to take care of myself. Parents help? f*** that, they spat me out the Vag and my dad fed me for 17 years. It'd be a cold day in hell that I ask them for a f***ing thing else!
Kids having kids end up not being as productive as they could have been. They don't finish school, they don't end up in college, they don't advance in any of their dreams unless their dream is to have a kid who is almost as old as they are and have a body that has been brutalized by a pregnancy. Oh well. One of my friends, her daughter got preg when she was 14 and I was talking my friend (the mom) about how the daughter is going to screw up her life. The daughter chimed in all evangelical about how she is going to do great and her baby-daddy (I hate that term) loves her and they're gonna marry and be happy and even thinking of having more. She ended up popping out twins. By the time those twins where 4 months old, the baby daddy was LOOOONG gone. I looked at them both afterwards, shrugged and said "Told you so".
Teens think they know everything. The problem is, the more you learn, the more you realize that you know hardly anything. The other problem is that parents are not as involved in the lives of their children. My friend, I busted her balls a lot about her preggo teen because she works UBER-hard, like 70+ hours a week. I told her, look, you work all these hours, but it doesn't matter. You HAVE to be home with you girls. You HAVE to raise them (she was a single mom) but she trusted her kids too much. They went looking for love elsewhere since the mom wasn't home enough to provide it and there was no daddy around. Don't get me wrong, my friend is an excellent woman, but today's lifestyles, the rat race of life with a consumer driven society... its just a real combustible mixture and bad s*** is GOING to happen. I'm sorry you got preggo so soon. Good luck. You're gonna need a ton of it
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#22New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:14:46
@Kristy69 Said

I'll keep my mouth shut.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#23New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:16:40
@Kristy69 Said

Naw, stupid girls will do stupid things. If a girl is stupid enough to think she's gonna win russian roulette playing the odds of 100 to 1, let her get her life blown to s*** with a pregnancy. You can't teach out stupidity. Maybe you can beat it out of some people... but I'm not sure about that. There have been morons in humanity since forever and they will always be there. Lethal got lucky. Let the next girl try and be so lucky. BANG... X 99
Carly's Mommy

#24New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:25:28
@Tar Said

I'll be damned if I know. I'm a guy and when I was 15-19, having a kid was the FURTHEST thing from my mind. I was happy just to get my a** out of bed, hit the job for 12 hours, get home and shower, head off to college for another 6, get home for another 3 to study, and MAYBE sleep before I went back to work. Having a kid? f*** that, I didn't have enough time to take care of myself. Parents help? f*** that, they spat me out the Vag and my dad fed me for 17 years. It'd be a cold day in hell that I ask them for a f***ing thing else!
Kids having kids end up not being as productive as they could have been. They don't finish school, they don't end up in college, they don't advance in any of their dreams unless their dream is to have a kid who is almost as old as they are and have a body that has been brutalized by a pregnancy. Oh well. One of my friends, her daughter got preg when she was 14 and I was talking my friend (the mom) about how the daughter is going to screw up her life. The daughter chimed in all evangelical about how she is going to do great and her baby-daddy (I hate that term) loves her and they're gonna marry and be happy and even thinking of having more. She ended up popping out twins. By the time those twins where 4 months old, the baby daddy was LOOOONG gone. I looked at them both afterwards, shrugged and said "Told you so".
Teens think they know everything. The problem is, the more you learn, the more you realize that you know hardly anything. The other problem is that parents are not as involved in the lives of their children. My friend, I busted her balls a lot about her preggo teen because she works UBER-hard, like 70+ hours a week. I told her, look, you work all these hours, but it doesn't matter. You HAVE to be home with you girls. You HAVE to raise them (she was a single mom) but she trusted her kids too much. They went looking for love elsewhere since the mom wasn't home enough to provide it and there was no daddy around. Don't get me wrong, my friend is an excellent woman, but today's lifestyles, the rat race of life with a consumer driven society... its just a real combustible mixture and bad s*** is GOING to happen. I'm sorry you got preggo so soon. Good luck. You're gonna need a ton of it

I'm gonna try my damnedest, that's for sure.
My childhood was very rough. Substance abuse, domestic abuse, I was neglected, I bounced around from home to home... and my birth mother was 19 and my dad was 22. My birth mother didn't stick around though, she let my father and (step)mom have me.

One thing is for certain, I'm gonna push this kid. Hard.
Carly's Mommy

#25New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:27:14
@Tar Said

Naw, stupid girls will do stupid things. If a girl is stupid enough to think she's gonna win russian roulette playing the odds of 100 to 1, let her get her life blown to s*** with a pregnancy. You can't teach out stupidity. Maybe you can beat it out of some people... but I'm not sure about that. There have been morons in humanity since forever and they will always be there. Lethal got lucky. Let the next girl try and be so lucky. BANG... X 99

Hopefully natural selection will show up soon...
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#26New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:32:01
@Kristy69 Said

I'm gonna try my damnedest, that's for sure.
My childhood was very rough. Substance abuse, domestic abuse, I was neglected, I bounced around from home to home... and my birth mother was 19 and my dad was 22. My birth mother didn't stick around though, she let my father and (step)mom have me.

One thing is for certain, I'm gonna push this kid. Hard.

Remember to lead by example. Its going to be hard, but you also have to be really coy with your children. You have to express things to them very simply. Don't play the BS religion game with them that this is wrong and that is wrong because god says so. You're gonna have to teach them to think things through logically, not emotionally. Teach them that things are right and wrong because of the way they turn out. Teach them that the most important thing they can do is educate themselves, and that means you have to educate YOURself too. I don't mean college only, but also by all the stuff you can learn online. Lead by example. I can't stress that enough. Children learn what they see. If they see you sitting around watching TV all day, they will start to do that. If they see you sitting behind a computer reading and learning all day, and hear you reading books to them and explaining science, philosophy and math, they will learn that.

LEAD by EXAMPLE. Your life sucked in your youth. It won't be getting any easier, but remember, just because its hard, doesn't mean it has to suck. The concept of "suck" in this context is an emotional term. If you smile while you are working hard, it starts to feel better. If you think about it in the sense that you are doing it for your child, you will feel better, but if you think about it in the sense that your baby's father should have, it will suck. Remember the context. Remember your state of mind, because your child will feel YOUR emotions. Children are amazingly empathetic. If you feel joy, they will feel joy. If you feel hate, they will feel hate. If you feel despair, they will despair.

Lead by example... get my drift?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#27New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:32:51
@Kristy69 Said

Hopefully natural selection will show up soon...

You know the old saying "if you make something fool proof, nature creates a better fool". That still happens.. trust me...
Carly's Mommy

#28New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:39:51
@Tar Said

Remember to lead by example. Its going to be hard, but you also have to be really coy with your children. You have to express things to them very simply. Don't play the BS religion game with them that this is wrong and that is wrong because god says so. You're gonna have to teach them to think things through logically, not emotionally. Teach them that things are right and wrong because of the way they turn out. Teach them that the most important thing they can do is educate themselves, and that means you have to educate YOURself too. I don't mean college only, but also by all the stuff you can learn online. Lead by example. I can't stress that enough. Children learn what they see. If they see you sitting around watching TV all day, they will start to do that. If they see you sitting behind a computer reading and learning all day, and hear you reading books to them and explaining science, philosophy and math, they will learn that.

LEAD by EXAMPLE. Your life sucked in your youth. It won't be getting any easier, but remember, just because its hard, doesn't mean it has to suck. The concept of "suck" in this context is an emotional term. If you smile while you are working hard, it starts to feel better. If you think about it in the sense that you are doing it for your child, you will feel better, but if you think about it in the sense that your baby's father should have, it will suck. Remember the context. Remember your state of mind, because your child will feel YOUR emotions. Children are amazingly empathetic. If you feel joy, they will feel joy. If you feel hate, they will feel hate. If you feel despair, they will despair.

Lead by example... get my drift?

I gotcha.
I'm a huge bookworm. I want them to be, too.
Keeps kids grounded and out of trouble.

I know kids aren't stupid. They know when mom and dad are upset and when there's a disturbance in the force. I'm trying to create a zen environment and a place where they feel safe and not judged.

I love going to museums, going to historic places (Gettysburg, DC, etc.) I feel like if I take them to those kinds of places and get them involved and passionate about things, they'll go far.
That's what my dad did with me and I loved it.
We also built things together, my most fondest memories. He taught me how to cook, he taught me fishing from the time I was 2, he taught me a lot.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#29New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:44:12
@Kristy69 Said

I gotcha.
I'm a huge bookworm. I want them to be, too.
Keeps kids grounded and out of trouble.

I know kids aren't stupid. They know when mom and dad are upset and when there's a disturbance in the force. I'm trying to create a zen environment and a place where they feel safe and not judged.

I love going to museums, going to historic places (Gettysburg, DC, etc.) I feel like if I take them to those kinds of places and get them involved and passionate about things, they'll go far.
That's what my dad did with me and I loved it.
We also built things together, my most fondest memories. He taught me how to cook, he taught me fishing from the time I was 2, he taught me a lot.

You've got a good idea there. Build on it. I might also make another small recommendation. It might sound silly, but... you know when people get married, they make vows right? Well. why not make a set of vows to your child when he or she is born? Write em down and keep them on the wall over their crib so you always remember your promises to them, and when they are old enough to read, they will know also. Simple stuff like "I promise to always tell you the truth" or "I promise to always love you, especially when we fight" or whatever. You will feel the greatest attachment to your baby the moment it is born and starts nursing. Immortalize that moment so you always remember how you felt towards your child and how you always want to feel towards him/her
Carly's Mommy

#30New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 03:45:44
@Tar Said

You've got a good idea there. Build on it. I might also make another small recommendation. It might sound silly, but... you know when people get married, they make vows right? Well. why not make a set of vows to your child when he or she is born? Write em down and keep them on the wall over their crib so you always remember your promises to them, and when they are old enough to read, they will know also. Simple stuff like "I promise to always tell you the truth" or "I promise to always love you, especially when we fight" or whatever. You will feel the greatest attachment to your baby the moment it is born and starts nursing. Immortalize that moment so you always remember how you felt towards your child and how you always want to feel towards him/her

Doesn't sound stupid at all. I actually really like that idea.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs