Paranormal

Ghost hunters at work in Cuchillo, New Mexico

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 22:17:56
"CUCHILLO ? Josh Bond has been living in a ghost town long enough to decide who he's gonna call when mysterious events keep happening.

This weekend, he'll be hosting a three-day visit from West Coast Ghost and Paranormal Society investigators who "will scientifically examine claims of ghosts and haunting" on the 180-year-old adobe property he's been restoring in the southern New Mexico ghost town of Cuchillo, about 12 miles northwest of Truth or Consequences."
https://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_12322412?source=most_emailed

I can relate to what Josh Bond means when he says "he sometimes gets a little spooked."
Some of these old dwellings and buildings around New Mexico are pretty spooky. As your 'common sense' is telling you 'don't be a ninny' there are prickly tingles crawling up your spine and you just don't feel like your as alone as you should feel.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#2New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 23:08:54
Kool, I love that show.

can't wait to see it
newmexicodan On March 31, 2024

roswell,
#3New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 23:43:18
One time, a group of us went to a penitente cemetary near midnight and the entire time I was there I kept turning around because I really felt like I was being watched.It felt eerie,especially being so dark with no lights and all.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#4New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:32:11
Cemeteries don't bother me at all . I guess i figure those folks have been 'laid to rest' and also not many folks die in a cemetery thier already dead before they get there . Maybe the Spanish culture I have grown up in and around has sunk in more than I realize, The Spanish people believe that 'where a person dies becomes sacred ground or holy ground ,if your talking to some of the older catholic Spanish speaking people around here, That's also where the spirit or energy stays if the person was 'not finished of refuses to pass over'. And You can bet money that any dwelling that has been around since before the turn of the century (1800's to 1900's) be it an old Hacienda or general store cantina ,,, has had at least one death in or around it caused by some violent act. New Mexico was a very rough place with The Native Americans fighting for thier way of life, the US government 'opening' all this part of the country to homesteaders that had the idea that the natives and the Spanish speaking people should just drop off the face of the earth and leave this all to the Americans ,after all we had just taken it from them ya know. The natives had been fighting the Spaniards since the 1500's and the Mexicans had been inter marring with the Natives for as long as there had been sheep herds grazing within a 100 miles of the Rio Grande Valley . So for close to 400 years there had been someone fighting somewhere in vicinity of whet is called New Mexico . Have you ever walked into a very old place and felt or smelled the 'history'. I know that sounds corny and the Spanish have a phrase for what I'm trying to explain , but I never can remember it .
I'm rambling . My apologies. the history of New Mexico and the people and time before the Americans got here, the Spaniards had been here for a few centuries before the mid 1800's when the push for statehood first started is a pet hobby of mine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs