Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Ghost Stories

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#1New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:27:40
Come on folks give us your ghost stories and get into the Halloween frame of mind.

, Christmas Island
#2New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:29:30
It was a wild and windy winter's night when the stranger walked through the door of the small pub in the hills of Donegal. His long dark coat almost trailed the ground as he quietly entered. His broad brimmed hat heavily shadowed this unfamiliar face. Sitting in the corner he ordered his poison and sat alone sipping the warming whiskey.
A group of local lads had been round the table the other side of the roaring turf fire playing cards for pennies earned through hard labour in the stony fields.
One lad beckoned the stranger to join them in the game hoping to take a few shillings from in.
The quiet dark stranger played his cards close to his chest clutching them in his thin boney hands that the labourers knew had never steered a plough or mowed a field. Game after game the stranger would loose and never complain on his poor luck. The lads could not believe their luck as their share of coins rose.
The next hand found one lad left alone facing the stranger. He believed the hand he had been dealt was his chance of raising the boat fare to a new life and the stranger kept raising the stakes higher and higher. When the lad had every penny he had on the table the dark stranger raised the stakes once more and when the lad said he had nothing left to bet the stranger made a chilling request. "Bet your soul and all this can be yours" he rasped.
That request sent a chill down the spine of everyone at the table and the lad facing him was so shocked he dropped his cards to the floor. Quickly bending down under the table to recover the precious hand he seen the legs of the stranger. Thin legs not wearing leather shoes. Two black hooves rested on the rough stone floor cloaked by the long dark coat.

The lad knew to bet his soul with the stranger would be the last thing he would ever do on this mortal earth.

So remember if you meet a stranger who promises much, be aware that the offer may cost you more than you have to give.
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#3New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:32:05
You scared me

, Christmas Island
#4New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:32:55
@vicki Said

You scared me

Come on tell us a story
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#5New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:34:13
@Charles Said

Come on tell us a story

You're just too good--can't compete with your stuff.

, Christmas Island
#6New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:35:52
@vicki Said

You're just too good--can't compete with your stuff.

Well cheat and quote one from the net for us to enjoy.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#7New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:00:57
a story told by the old timers is that when the Spaniards came up though what is now called Mexico and on into where I am now which is central New Mexico (it is the state between Texas and Arizona on the US map) anyways , the Spaniards came looking for gold. someone had told about a place so rich that the natives huts were made from pure gold 'the 7 cities of gold' , So these Spanish guys got here they enslaved all the Natives and built a church complete with a priest an forced all the natives to convert. they found some gold not as much as hoped , they decided to bury the gold and keep looking . so they took a several animal skins and wrapped the gold in them. They blindfolded a whole bunch of the native kids and put about 10 kids to carry each skin full of gold. Way up into the mountains when the Spanish figured they had went far enough , they made all these kids ,still blind folded dig a large pit and put the gold in the pit ,then just to be safe they murdered all those kids about 30 all together and threw them into the pit covered it up. and still to this day when the wind and moon is just right we can hear and see those kids walking the crest if these hills crying and promising not to tell no one where the gold is and pleading for them Spanish not to kill them

, Christmas Island
#8New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:05:51
@iwannano Said

a story told by the old timers
still to this day when the wind and moon is just right we can hear and see those kids walking the crest if these hills crying and promising not to tell no one where the gold is and pleading for them Spanish not to kill them

Excellent. Thats the very sort of thing we need.
Come on folks join in
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#9New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:13:08
good stories.
I like hearing them

, Christmas Island
#10New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:13:41
Many years ago when I was a scout leader we had the troop camping in the grounds of an old monestry. The monks had an orchard surrounded by a big stone wall but to make sure none of the boys went in to rob the apples around the camp fire each night we had been telling them ghost stories about what happened "over the wall". One story was of the mad monk who prowled around behind the wall looking for children to take away with him.
One night we took them out for a night hike in the forest surrounding the camp sight. On the way home one of the leaders ran on and lay down in an old stone drinking trough by the side of the road. As we approached he slowly sat up with a torch one his chest illumination his face in an errie way.

Scouts scattered to the four winds in panic.

We spent half the night trying to coaks them out of trees and other hidding places they fleed to.

, Christmas Island
#11New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:31:03
The couple moved into their new home and for the next few weeks spent their evenings decorating the newly built house. Each night the sound of hammering came from the adjoining home disturbing their sleep but they didn't want to get of to a bad start with their new neighbours by complaining.
After a few weeks of disturbed sleep the couple finally agreed to speak to their neighbours about their constant noise every night.
As they went out their front door so by chance did their neighbours. They said "Could we talk about all that banging noise at night?"
The neighbours came back agreeing that the noise was disturbing THEIR sleep. They each thought the noise was coming through the thin wall from the house next door.
They all turned grey when the reality hit home.
blimp On January 02, 2010

, Philippines
#12New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 16:47:57
after one of our classes, my 3 other classmates and i decided to stay behind so we could talk about our possible thesis topics.. the air-condition was on and the electric fan was off (that was what we could remember).. the electric fan was placed at the back of the room and the four of us were seated at the middle of the room..

in the middle of our discussion, we happened to talk about ghost stories.. the ghost stories took about 10-15 minutes when we noticed that the electric fan went on!! we were so scared and my 3 classmates run out of the room, leaving me alone.. i was left because i had to fix my things which we used for listing the thesis topic.. one of my classmates came back for me and after i quickly grabbed my things, we ran out of the room!

, Christmas Island
#13New Post! Oct 30, 2009 @ 19:00:21
Two brothers both where in the army and fighting in the trench warfare of the First World War. They had been posted a few miles apart as the battle raged.
The younger brother was in forward observation position out in no man's land when a shell smashed into their position killing his comrades. When he recovered consiousness he discovered that the explosion had blinded him. He had to make it back to his own trenches if he was to survive his injuries. It was then that he heard the familiar sound of his older brother calling to him and giving him directions to crawl through hundreds of yards of
the mud and wire jungle to safety.

As he was being treated in the field hospital he told the nurse of how bravely his brother had crawled out into no man's land to guide him safely back to their trench.

The nurse first looked at the doctor and then to the dead body of this man's brother who had been killed a few hours earlier a few miles away in another part of the battlefield.

, Christmas Island
#14New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 11:35:04
My Dad worked in catering for the US Marines in the Beech HIll. That beautiful old house was their base as they prepared for going to invade mainland Europe.
In the months they had been billited there many of the Americans had fallen in love with the peace and beauty of the place. One Marine from Texas called Hank was so much in love with this part of Ireland he often told my Dad of his plans to make his home here when the war was over. Dad was always addressed to as "Irish" by the young American.

A few weeks after most of the Marines had been shipped out for the invasion Dad was coming up the stairs in the Beech Hill with Colonel Ladd's supper when he was greeted by "Hi Irish" as Hank came down the same stairs.

On serving the Colonel Dad commented that he had met Hank on the stairs.

The Colonel looked at Dad and quietly said that the group of Marines based in the Beech Hill had been in the first wave onto the beaches. They came under murderous fire and Hank was one of those who never made it alive onto the beach.

So if you ever have the privilage of staying in the Beech Hill and do meet a young Marine dressed in the uniform of the 1940's say "Hi Hank" from my Dad.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#15New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 15:13:13
@Charles Said

It was a wild and windy winter's night when the stranger walked through the door of the small pub in the hills of Donegal. His long dark coat almost trailed the ground as he quietly entered. His broad brimmed hat heavily shadowed this unfamiliar face. Sitting in the corner he ordered his poison and sat alone sipping the warming whiskey.
A group of local lads had been round the table the other side of the roaring turf fire playing cards for pennies earned through hard labour in the stony fields.
One lad beckoned the stranger to join them in the game hoping to take a few shillings from in.
The quiet dark stranger played his cards close to his chest clutching them in his thin boney hands that the labourers knew had never steered a plough or mowed a field. Game after game the stranger would loose and never complain on his poor luck. The lads could not believe their luck as their share of coins rose.
The next hand found one lad left alone facing the stranger. He believed the hand he had been dealt was his chance of raising the boat fare to a new life and the stranger kept raising the stakes higher and higher. When the lad had every penny he had on the table the dark stranger raised the stakes once more and when the lad said he had nothing left to bet the stranger made a chilling request. "Bet your soul and all this can be yours" he rasped.
That request sent a chill down the spine of everyone at the table and the lad facing him was so shocked he dropped his cards to the floor. Quickly bending down under the table to recover the precious hand he seen the legs of the stranger. Thin legs not wearing leather shoes. Two black hooves rested on the rough stone floor cloaked by the long dark coat.

The lad knew to bet his soul with the stranger would be the last thing he would ever do on this mortal earth.

So remember if you meet a stranger who promises much, be aware that the offer may cost you more than you have to give.

@Charles Said

Two brothers both where in the army and fighting in the trench warfare of the First World War. They had been posted a few miles apart as the battle raged.
The younger brother was in forward observation position out in no man's land when a shell smashed into their position killing his comrades. When he recovered consiousness he discovered that the explosion had blinded him. He had to make it back to his own trenches if he was to survive his injuries. It was then that he heard the familiar sound of his older brother calling to him and giving him directions to crawl through hundreds of yards of
the mud and wire jungle to safety.

As he was being treated in the field hospital he told the nurse of how bravely his brother had crawled out into no man's land to guide him safely back to their trench.

The nurse first looked at the doctor and then to the dead body of this man's brother who had been killed a few hours earlier a few miles away in another part of the battlefield.

@Charles Said

My Dad worked in catering for the US Marines in the Beech HIll. That beautiful old house was their base as they prepared for going to invade mainland Europe.
In the months they had been billited there many of the Americans had fallen in love with the peace and beauty of the place. One Marine from Texas called Hank was so much in love with this part of Ireland he often told my Dad of his plans to make his home here when the war was over. Dad was always addressed to as "Irish" by the young American.

A few weeks after most of the Marines had been shipped out for the invasion Dad was coming up the stairs in the Beech Hill with Colonel Ladd's supper when he was greeted by "Hi Irish" as Hank came down the same stairs.

On serving the Colonel Dad commented that he had met Hank on the stairs.

The Colonel looked at Dad and quietly said that the group of Marines based in the Beech Hill had been in the first wave onto the beaches. They came under murderous fire and Hank was one of those who never made it alive onto the beach.

So if you ever have the privilage of staying in the Beech Hill and do meet a young Marine dressed in the uniform of the 1940's say "Hi Hank" from my Dad.

Those were excellent
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs