Georgia is Agressor!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
slavian On December 09, 2009

Biskra, Algeria
#1New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 10:42:15
Georgia accused of ethnic cleansing in S. Ossetia
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said ethnic cleansing operations were being carried out in South Ossetia.

?The situation in South Ossetia is worsening every hour, the Georgian side is using heavy weapons and unleashing aggression against South Ossetian people,? Lavrov told reporters on Friday.

?Residential quarters in Tskhinvali and nearby villages are under heavy fire, including villages outside the zone of the South Ossetian conflict. A Russian humanitarian aid convoy has been bombed, and reports are coming of ethnic cleansing operations in South Ossetian villages,? Lavrov said.

He also said that Russia would provide urgent humanitarian aid to South Ossetian refugees. ?The President has told the Russian government to provide humanitarian aid to people in distress,? he underlined.

Asked about the number of Russian military equipment in South Ossetia, Lavrov recommended that Georgian authorities should count their own jets and tanks that bomb and attack civilians in South Ossetia.

He cited a recent statement by Teimuraz Yakobashvili, Georgia?s State Minister for Reintegration, that Russia should interfere in the conflict as a peacekeeper. ?This is exactly what we are doing now,? he emphasized.

The Foreign Minister expressed regret that Georgian officials were making their statements against the background of the EU flag. ?I think our European colleagues realize what is going on, and that they will make the right choice,? he stressed. Lavrov reminded that Georgian officials had stubbornly refused to sign documents against the use of violence in conflict zones.

https://top.rbc.ru/english/index.shtml?/news/english/2008/08/09/09092546_bod.shtml
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 10:47:55
You know i dont think this is covered at all in UK news.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 10:51:31
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7552012.stm I lied Its all over the BBC.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:00:31
@treebee Said
You know i dont think this is covered at all in UK news.

It is but it doesn't give much background at all, left me a bit confused as to what they are actualy fighting over
slavian On December 09, 2009

Biskra, Algeria
#5New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:02:08
compare it. https://www.rbcnews.com/
Georgia is Agressor!!! I Know it. I from Russia.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#6New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:04:17
@slavian Said
compare it. https://www.rbcnews.com/
Georgia is Agressor!!! I Know it. I from Russia.

With no disrespect that link is from a russian news site..not likely to be impartial.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:05:20
this is a time to scour different news sites because each one will tell a different story, good luck finding a completely impartial media.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#8New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:06:08
@treebee Said
this is a time to scour different news sites because each one will tell a different story, good luck finding a completely impartial media.

LOL point taken
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 11:09:07
there was a site but i am buggered if i remember what its called, it was brilliant for getting a decent story from both sides.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#10New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 16:22:14
they both blame the other. georgia is just hoping the u.s. will back them should it escalate, which will not happen. i dont know why there isnt more media coverage. factual media coverage.
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#11New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 16:26:48
Our minister of foreign affairs, Carl Bildt, has mentioned "Hitler's methods" when talking about the Russians in this "South Ossetia War". This is all Russia's fault, cus I say so and I dislike Vladimir Putin No, but really. South Ossetia wants independence, it's part of Georgia. Suddenly, Russia walks in to.. I dunno why? Steal Ossetia? help them become independent from evil Georgia? Guess Medvedev wants a war, to make things funnier
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#12New Post! Aug 10, 2008 @ 16:27:11
Russia has escalated its showdown with its small, NATO-inclined neighbor of Georgia by closing all transport and postal communications. No trains, no flights, no ships, no vehicles, no mail money orders ? nothing can cross the border. This time, it's much worse than just another Russian spat with a former satellite state. The Georgia standoff may soon create a major headache for the Bush Administration, because of U.S. support for Georgia's right to align itself with the West.
Tuesday's announcement of the new measures came even after Georgia had handed over four Russian military intelligence officers accused of spying, and months of insults against Russia, threats to restore Georgia's sovereignty over its breakaway pro-Moscow provinces of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and also assaults on Russian personnel serving in Georgia. Moscow insists that Russia is the injured party, forced to retaliate.

it only gets worse....
https://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1542107,00.html
AgentSmith On December 25, 2008

#13New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 04:12:57
Shakasvili is a warmongerer, a mass murderer, a consummate liar, a pathetic tactician, a traitor who betrayed his people into a war they cannot win and a shameless coward.

Despite his feeble attempts at salvaging his reputation on CNN, we all know who is responsible for this disaster!
The people of Gerogia should call for his immediate resignation and impeachment. He is a lunatic, reminiscent of Hitler, who hijacked his own country onto the warpath.
My heart goes out to the people of Ossetia,Georgia and Russia who are the actual victims of Shakasvili's stupidity
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 10:03:31
from what i remember of history lessons it was only a small thing that kicked off world war one. in europe. nearly 100 years ago. hmm could happen
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#15New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 11:50:41
I might be wrong but I think the only way this will end is if georgia admitts defeat..I dont see Russia backing down. and if they don't then Bush will get involved and we all know if Amerca gets involved then the UK will too. Fingers crossed this gets sorted!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs