George Zimmerman takes to TV to tell his story

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 03:55:47
Quote:
Zimmerman said Trayvon slammed his head "more than a dozen" times, and that he reached for the gun he was carrying while Trayvon was straddling his body, beating him, and that he believed Trayvon was trying to grab it first. He said Trayvon told him, "You're going to die."

Zimmerman, who pleaded not guilty to a charge of second-degree murder, said he did not realize Trayvon had been fatally injured until an hour after Zimmerman was taken for questioning at the police station. But he said that after firing his weapon, Trayvon "said something to the effect, you got it, you got me … at which point I got out from under him."

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-18/zimmerman-hannity-interview-trayvon/56322814/1?csp=24&kjnd=kC7jxRXqtmskxDyKACf95olB7%2Bz5Ftxj6aiSmayR7sLtn%2FEz1Lu3eVgjRsADmruW-db9dd9a4-8082-4f6c-99fd-6230d1f58872_iZiMooZgLu5pcGEzlx6DTvydC2O1ucLzkfhFUNA%2BWBYOm7p5NL8DUplYd1hFAv%2Fw

I don't believe he has a chance .
He was convicted by millions way back there when Jackson and Sharpton was having their 15 minutes of fame.
Add to that all the lies he has been caught out telling .
he's already in the just hasn't admitted it yet.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#2New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 13:44:55
My thoughts?

I think all of this could have been avoided had Zimmerman listened to the 911 operator. He was told not to follow or get out of his car.
Okay, so he supposedly was looking for an address to give to police, but why then did he have to get out of his car? Surely he could see an address from his vehicle.
Why did he approach Trayvon? Why did he even speak to Trayvon?
He could have gotten the address IN the car and left and all of this could have been avoided.

I don't buy that he wasn't racially profiling. He saw a black teen who didn't look like someone who lived in the area so he grabbed a gun, called police and started following him. Where is any of that rational? In my personal experience, neighborhood watchmen don't carry guns.

And I still haven't heard Zimmerman give a reason as to why Trayvon was giving enough suspicion to call the police in the first place. I could understand if the kid was poking around bushes and looking into windows, but he was apparently just walking down the street. Where in there lies an issue that the authorities have to deal with?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 14:42:08
We've hashed over all of those questions in numerous threads but I'm afraid they will probably remain unanswered. Trayvon Martin is the new Jack Kennedy. But this time, there's no Zapruder film. Nobody can prove what happened that night as the other involved party is dead.

I think that Zimmerman will probably be found not guilty because the prosecution doesn't have enough solid evidence to convict him. George Zimmerman is the new OJ Simpson.

sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 14:46:03
@Kristy69 Said

My thoughts?

I think all of this could have been avoided had Zimmerman listened to the 911 operator. He was told not to follow or get out of his car.
Okay, so he supposedly was looking for an address to give to police, but why then did he have to get out of his car? Surely he could see an address from his vehicle.
He could have gotten the address IN the car and left and all of this could have been avoided.

I don't buy that he wasn't racially profiling. He saw a black teen who didn't look like someone who lived in the area so he grabbed a gun, called police and started following him. Where is any of that rational? In my personal experience, neighborhood watchmen don't carry guns.

And I still haven't heard Zimmerman give a reason as to why Trayvon was giving enough suspicion to call the police in the first place. I could understand if the kid was poking around bushes and looking into windows, but he was apparently just walking down the street. Where in there lies an issue that the authorities have to deal with?

Yeah...not to mention, at that age especially, for Trayvon...men are moreso proving their manhood/on the defensive.

If a stranger seems threating to him (afterall, nowhere have I heard that Zimmerman stated who he was to Trayvon); it stands to reason Trayvon would likely think he is about to get jumped and pounded by this 'stranger', who is 'following' him; so he reacted. That's the only sense I can make of all of this.

It all comes back to Zimmerman...if he had JUST listened to the cops; and ceased pursuit. I'm pretty certain this kid would be alive today.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#5New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 15:43:25
@white_swan53 Said

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-18/zimmerman-hannity-interview-trayvon/56322814/1?csp=24&kjnd=kC7jxRXqtmskxDyKACf95olB7%2Bz5Ftxj6aiSmayR7sLtn%2FEz1Lu3eVgjRsADmruW-db9dd9a4-8082-4f6c-99fd-6230d1f58872_iZiMooZgLu5pcGEzlx6DTvydC2O1ucLzkfhFUNA%2BWBYOm7p5NL8DUplYd1hFAv%2Fw

I don't believe he has a chance .
He was convicted by millions way back there when Jackson and Sharpton was having their 15 minutes of fame.
Add to that all the lies he has been caught out telling .

I wonder if he'll be commenting on the allegations his cousin has made against him that he sexually assaulted her for years.

The cousin also alleges and I now quote, ""Growing up he and his family always made statements that they did not like black people unless they act white," she told police. "They like black people if they act white."

Apparently a few years ago the parents of his cousin who he is alleged to have sexually assaulted confronted him and he said sorry and left the meeting.

Though its not about the shooting, its quite an interesting turn of events.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 15:54:21
@Kristy69 Said

My thoughts?

I agree , IF he had not got out of his car none of this would happened......
but he did and it did.
I don't buy into the thereoy that he was profiling Martin on race , I believe it was the recent burgerlies and the fact that Martin wasn't a permanent resident .
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 16:19:09
@white_swan53 Said

I agree , IF he had not got out of his car none of this would happened......
but he did and it did.
I don't buy into the thereoy that he was profiling Martin on race , I believe it was the recent burgerlies and the fact that Martin wasn't a permanent resident .

Yes and IF he had not gotten in the car in the first place this wouldnt of happened. If he hadnt of moved into the neighborhood it would never of happened. There are always IF's and BUT's.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 16:30:55
@townie_guy Said

Yes and IF he had not gotten in the car in the first place this wouldnt of happened. If he hadnt of moved into the neighborhood it would never of happened. There are always IF's and BUT's.

Yes , I agree.
There have been dozens of posts started with " if he had not got out of the car,,, If he had done what the 911 operator said,,,,

I figured may be IF I just agreed right away there might be a chace o not re hashing the already hashed over 'if he hadn't of .....

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 16:35:39
This thread is not at all like the dozens that have gone before.
Why? because this one has Zimmermans side of the story .
all the other threads have been debates and opinons on hear say and media reports.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 16:41:41
@white_swan53 Said

He's being tried in Florida... Central Florida if I am not mistaken... where Casey Anthony was tried and found innocent.

I have said it before and will say it again... forget everything you think you know about the facts, rules, laws, and expected results.

This is Florida.

We charge teenagers with felony crimes for a simple fist fight were the worst that happened was a black eye and a bruised ego, but then let people shoot and/or kill each other.

Florida.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 16:46:04
@chaski Said

He's being tried in Florida... Central Florida if I am not mistaken... where Casey Anthony was tried and found innocent.

I have said it before and will say it again... forget everything you think you know about the facts, rules, laws, and expected results.

This is Florida.

We charge teenagers with felony crimes for a simple fist fight were the worst that happened was a black eye and a bruised ego, but then let people shoot and/or kill each other.

Florida.

If by chance he is found innocent and let go, it is the public that will .
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 18:15:24
@white_swan53 Said

If by chance he is found innocent and let go, it is the public that will .

Well yes. A portion of the public presently (and will probably always) view Zimmerman as guilty regardless of the outcome.... and some will always view him as innocent regardless of outcome.

You watch.

As soon as it is all over there will at least one topic that says either:

A. If Innocent: "I can't believe that they let him go, clearly the evidence proves he is guilty!"

OR

B. If guilty: "I can't believe that they convicted him, clearly the evidence proves he is innocent!"

Actually, it would be pretty easy to predict which TFS members will write and/or support one or the other of those positions.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 18:19:15
@chaski Said

Well yes. A portion of the public presently (and will probably always) view Zimmerman as guilty regardless of the outcome.... and some will always view him as innocent regardless of outcome.

You watch.

As soon as it is all over there will at least one topic that says either:

A. If Innocent: "I can't believe that they let him go, clearly the evidence proves he is guilty!"

OR

B. If guilty: "I can't believe that they convicted him, clearly the evidence proves he is innocent!"

Actually, it would be pretty easy to predict which TFS members will write and/or support one or the other of those positions.

Like I said...George Zimmerman is the new OJ Simpson.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#14New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 18:36:11
What were the lies please?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#15New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 18:40:22
@Erimitus Said

What were the lies please?

He claimed financial hardship when he had over $200,000 in a PayPal account. His wife perjured herself to cover up the fact that they had that money. That's why they raised his bail.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs