Genuine Beauty sells much easier than "Perfect" Beauty

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 02:12:16
Dating site ad that just popped up on my screen:

No make-up, lights or age-defying Photoshopping.

This picture was obviously done in true and rare form and the sincerity of it is more charming, endearing and alluring than most dating site ads that I see.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 02:23:20
That's for a dating site.

Guys often don't want to see super-hot perfect babes in ads for a dating site, because they know those types of people would never date them.

But when selling something, like beer or mascara or a car, perfect beautiful women do sell things - to men, because the men like hot babes so they get their attention, and to women, because the women are basically told the products can make them more beautiful.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 02:27:47
@jonnythan Said

That's for a dating site.

Guys often don't want to see super-hot perfect babes in ads for a dating site, because they know those types of people would never date them.

But when selling something, like beer or mascara or a car, perfect beautiful women do sell things - to men, because the men like hot babes so they get their attention, and to women, because the women are basically told the products can make them more beautiful.

Not to mention that a magazine centerfold type being touted on a dating site might actually have the opposite affect and intimidate a lot of guys away from actually using said dating site.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:19:11
@jonnythan Said

I thought it was the "girl next door" look. Since guys believe they have a reasonable shot and women don't see them as a threat/comparison much. I guess the girl next door can/is beautiful so it's still beauty.

Lol, this was a couple years ago, but I remember a luxury car dealer that featured a 'girl next door' for their car and sales went up by quite a bit. I can't remember the exact details but it lead to a lot of hype and demand for actual ads went up.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#5New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:37:01
@Electric_Banana Said

Dating site ad that just popped up on my screen:

No make-up, lights or age-defying Photoshopping.

This picture was obviously done in true and rare form and the sincerity of it is more charming, endearing and alluring than most dating site ads that I see.

I've never wrapped my mind around how a man or a woman could ever make a connection between the 'hot women', 'hot men' and the product.

I really have never heard of anyone that I know at least that's fallen for that gullible superficial type of advertising.

In my opinion they should use common, down to earth women and men to market their products because then they aren't insulting our intelligence by saying we will rush out the door to buy such and such because the man/woman looked hot.

I agree with you E-B,, they should really start putting out there more of what's really out there, that would really make things a lot more believable.
AzUnDeR On January 04, 2018

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#6New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:39:35
that girl on that add is frikkin beautiful. im not even lying

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#7New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:40:51
that add still sounds way too good to be honest
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#8New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:42:37
@AzUnDeR Said

that add still sounds way too good to be honest

Honest or not, it's still much more toned down than the others with make-up and fake body parts parading around.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#9New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:44:54
@rosexthorn Said

Honest or not, it's still much more toned down than the others with make-up and fake body parts parading around.

true that. she does look cuter than most models.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#10New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 03:49:26
im definitely not lying about how good she looks either
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#11New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 14:03:51
@rosexthorn Said

I've never wrapped my mind around how a man or a woman could ever make a connection between the 'hot women', 'hot men' and the product.

I really have never heard of anyone that I know at least that's fallen for that gullible superficial type of advertising.

In my opinion they should use common, down to earth women and men to market their products because then they aren't insulting our intelligence by saying we will rush out the door to buy such and such because the man/woman looked hot.

I agree with you E-B,, they should really start putting out there more of what's really out there, that would really make things a lot more believable.

Agree!

And EB, I hate to burst your bubble, but the model is wearing some make-up. Just toned down, and 'natural' looking; which I agree, is way prettier amd more appealing to the eye.
Pink_Panther On January 25, 2012

Banned

In The Pink, Netherlands
#12New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:07:23
That ad pic is actually quite well made over.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:15:53
@Pink_Panther Said

That ad pic is actually quite well made over.

That's what I thought.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#14New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:16:55
I'll take the plain-Jane chubby types any day.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 17:11:08
@hoppy Said

I'll take the plain-Jane chubby types any day.

They're ok if you keep 'em turned over on their face.

Kidding!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs