Gender Idenity disorder

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! Dec 25, 2005 @ 21:25:30
I'm not sure this is the correct name for this condition , I did'nt even know it was a conditon until a friend at work was talking about it. She has a grandson who is 8 years old and he has very few male traits.I was quiet surprised at this because just to look at him , you'd think he just a normal 8 year old little boy. He tends to be interested in things that most little boys could care less about. For example he cried this year because he did'nt get a barbie comforter set for his room. He does'nt like the normal blow um up type video games that most boys like he'd rather play for femine game. Of course since he's only 8 we don't know what his sexual preference will be. His dad has a really hard time with this issue but his grandmother seems to support him.
I guess my question is ...... has anyone here dealt with this issue and is this something that he will likely grow out of?
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#2New Post! Dec 25, 2005 @ 21:29:24
I've heard about that, I think I saw it on Dr. Phil but anyways apparently it's just a phase and the little boy is just trying to imitate his mother you know he wants to do things like mommy does and he said they just need to reinforce the differences between boys and girls. IT doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with sexual preference, after all he's only 8 he doesn't even know what sex is. I'm not an expert but those are just a few things I heard.
Perv Magnet

#3New Post! Dec 25, 2005 @ 21:43:54
yeah I guess you're right. I think I just worry about his dad putting him down and calling him a sissy and such it just kina upsets me.
jazzgeek On December 08, 2006

Eureka, California
#4New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 05:58:28
I was thinking about that last night. I used to be accused of having it; girly stuff didn't appeal to me. Part of this was because I had joined football in 4th grade, as a girl, and oh god that was the worst experience of prejudice I'd ever seen. So it made me feel like it was anti-feminist to identify with the female stereotypes. Of course, I was enough of a "tomboy" before that, so it couldn't be just that.
Yeah, i grew out of it. Not saying it's an immaure thing, i was just broken down by my culture and surendered to conformity. I still look at it like that, too.
Okay, getting of subject. Gender Identity Disorder? The phrase implies a total load of crap. "If you aren't like everyone else, there's something wrong with you." That's all that is.
Perv Magnet

#5New Post! Feb 03, 2006 @ 13:24:56
Yeah it's kinda weird , even his dr. called it GI disorder. I watched this kid the other night in the back room at work. His cousin who is also 8 was sitting there playing his xbox. He was playing those boy type vidioe games , you know the ones where they are whooping some big ugly dudes arse and this little boy was on the computer playing a dress up barbie game. He would look at me and say what's your favorite outfit. This child really enjoys this kind of stuff.

It's just very interesting to me I guess because back in my day they really did'nt lable it with a name or anything and you're right I think it's just a way to lable people to make them think there is something very wrong with them. He's a great kid and very well mannered it don't matter to me what kind of clothes, home decor , or games he likes.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#6New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 08:57:39
Gender identity disorder, as identified by psychologists and medical doctors, is a condition with which a person who has been assigned one gender (usually at birth on the basis of their sex, but compare intersexual), but identifies as belonging to another gender, or does not conform with the gender role their respective society prescribes to them. It is a psychiatric term for what is widely known by terms like transsexuality, transgender and (subject to debate, but full-fledged GID is present in at least some cases) transvestism or cross-dressing. Another proposed term for the condition is Benjamin's Syndrome, named for Harry Benjamin, a pioneering researcher in the field of transsexuality.

This feeling is usually reported as "having always been there", although in some cases, it seems to appear in adolescence or even in adulthood, and it has been reported by some as intensifying over time. Since many cultures strongly disapprove of cross-gender behaviour, it often results in significant problems for those affected, and sometimes for their close friends and family members as well. In many cases, discomfort is also reported as stemming from the feeling that one's body is "wrong" or meant to be different.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity_disorder
geojames55 On June 23, 2010

Putney, Vermont
#7New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:24:22
@WildChild Said

I'm not sure this is the correct name for this condition , I did'nt even know it was a conditon until a friend at work was talking about it. She has a grandson who is 8 years old and he has very few male traits.I was quiet surprised at this because just to look at him , you'd think he just a normal 8 year old little boy. He tends to be interested in things that most little boys could care less about. For example he cried this year because he did'nt get a barbie comforter set for his room. He does'nt like the normal blow um up type video games that most boys like he'd rather play for femine game. Of course since he's only 8 we don't know what his sexual preference will be. His dad has a really hard time with this issue but his grandmother seems to support him.
I guess my question is ...... has anyone here dealt with this issue and is this something that he will likely grow out of?

One thing that I have to say after reading this is that... One's sexuality has nothing to do with gender identity. They are two different things. Thanks.

Putney, Vermont
#8New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:25:51
@el_diablo Said

I've heard about that, I think I saw it on Dr. Phil but anyways apparently it's just a phase and the little boy is just trying to imitate his mother you know he wants to do things like mommy does and he said they just need to reinforce the differences between boys and girls. IT doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with sexual preference, after all he's only 8 he doesn't even know what sex is. I'm not an expert but those are just a few things I heard.

This little boy could very well be transgender. He may feel as though he isn't supposed to be a boy but yet a girl. It's not a phase. If it was, don't you think that by now I would want to be a girl? But yet I feel male inside? I am 18 by the way. Thanks.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:28:11
I actually thought Mickey was back.

Putney, Vermont
#10New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:28:57
Awww
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:32:31
Its just a phase, when mine were little my son insisted he had a dol and a pram and my daughter wouldnt entertain them, she prefered the boys toys, I bought her an all singing all dancing Scalextric Set for her tenth birthday. They are now 18, 20 and 22, I have two manly boys and one girly girl.

Putney, Vermont
#12New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:37:40
@Karma_Junkie Said

Its just a phase, when mine were little my son insisted he had a dol and a pram and my daughter wouldnt entertain them, she prefered the boys toys, I bought her an all singing all dancing Scalextric Set for her tenth birthday. They are now 18, 20 and 22, I have two manly boys and one girly girl.

All that means is that your children were not, are not transgender. For some people (like me), it doesn't just go away. For your children, there were not transgender, just a bit feminine and masculine when they were young.
Thanks.
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 14, 2009 @ 23:45:27
@geojames55 Said

All that means is that your children were not, are not transgender. For some people (like me), it doesn't just go away. For your children, there were not transgender, just a bit feminine and masculine when they were young.
Thanks.

Well I never "type cast" my kids I let them choose for themselves so I guess that must have made a difference.

Putney, Vermont
#14New Post! Nov 15, 2009 @ 00:01:35
@Karma_Junkie Said

Well I never "type cast" my kids I let them choose for themselves so I guess that must have made a difference.

Well, that is good then.
How would you react though if they did end up being transgender? How would you feel about that?
Thanks.
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 15, 2009 @ 00:24:40
@geojames55 Said

Well, that is good then.
How would you react though if they did end up being transgender? How would you feel about that?
Thanks.

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest, they are my children, if they are happy, im happy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs