Homosexuality

Gay & Proud Forum

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
joRdixx On September 06, 2010

Ballina, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 01:10:00
Post here if you gay and proud!! Yayy!! Hehehe lets get all the Gays and Lesbians of the forum site to come out and say hi!! =P
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 01:22:51
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#3New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 01:24:41
spikeymarc On December 12, 2009

Stirling, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 02:43:59
Lol i think most are probably in the closet!
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#5New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:03:30
EU SOU GAY!

Translated as "I am Gay!" - I am not though but this is what was written on the back of a blokes pink t-shirt when I was out shopping this morning.This may seem very trivial to you and no doubt that you are now thinking..well so f***ing what.As you may or may not know is that I currently reside in Portugal where openess about homosexuality isn't as prevalent as it is in a lot of other countries.Coupled with being a catholic country and a turn of last century mindset/attitude of a vast amount of Portuguese people,it just made think that finally peoples attitudes might changing..slowly,it always has to be s l o w l y lol.
Homosexual marriages were also made legal (if thats how you say it) here a couple of months back.

Apologies for my pointless ramblings
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:27:23
I've never understood why anyone should be proud of being gay (or straight or bi or any other sexuality). I'm not saying you should be ashamed, but it's not like it's any sort of achievement.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#7New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:34:07
An average straight guy in favor of gay pride.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:40:02
@TheMightyOz Said

I've never understood why anyone should be proud of being gay (or straight or bi or any other sexuality). I'm not saying you should be ashamed, but it's not like it's any sort of achievement.

It's more being proud of being able to say that you are gay as some people face prejudice from their parents, friends or their society. People shouldn't have to hide who they are, if they want to be proud of being gay/straight/bi whatever, they should have the right to be.

It is an achievement in the sense that they are able to be honest with themselves and not care what anyone else thinks.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:52:01
YAY for GAY!

On a side note, Boxer told me that pride is a sin because god does everything so therefore you have nothing to be proud of, because God made you do it.

So on the same lines, God made you gay.

So if God made you gay, surely its not a sin.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:53:50
@Galastaray Said

An average straight guy in favor of gay pride.

I understand where you are coming from,I myself don't really believe in being proud of anything other than being good mannered,the same goes for patriotism..all a load of s*** to me,but to others it is not.

As you may know yourself trying to live in a country where religion is still very influential to the countries development,and at times badly needed new changes are held back by old style mentality (church again),it is pleasant to see someone who regardless of their sexuality ect.. trying to be different.I do not mean trying to be different by being gay but by not giving a f*** what people may think,this is how changes get made,if people didn't bother then changes would never happen.

Why do people wear football shirts of the team they supposedly support when they do not even play the game?.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:54:07
Can "Straight and Proud for Gays" join this too????
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:54:21
@sister_of_mercy Said

It's more being proud of being able to say that you are gay as some people face prejudice from their parents, friends or their society. People shouldn't have to hide who they are, if they want to be proud of being gay/straight/bi whatever, they should have the right to be.

It is an achievement in the sense that they are able to be honest with themselves and not care what anyone else thinks.

Yes, but I'm a pedant and believe people shoud say what they mean, so instead of "gay and proud" it should be "Proud to be honest about my sexuality despite possible repercussions from people who believe it is somehow wrong"! Snappy huh?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:54:51
@TheMightyOz Said

Yes, but I'm a pedant and believe people shoud say what they mean, so instead of "gay and proud" it should be "Proud to be honest about my sexuality despite possible repercussions from people who believe it is somehow wrong"! Snappy huh?

Well that would work too.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#14New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:58:08
@TheMightyOz Said

I believe you're missing the point in the whole "Gay Pride" movement, and I'm not sure I totally get it, but having spend a GREAT DEAL of time working for AIDAtlanta several years ago, I think I can speak to the "pride" issue. I have many, many gay friends who I love dearly, as well as a gay step-brother.

Just like other minorities, the Gay community has been repressed and judged....so "coming out" oftentimes looks like a huge "burst" of energy, when it's just "coming out", so to speak. Does this make sense?

Gay Pride does not translate to "Gay is Better", to me. It just signifys that this community will no longer tolerate injustice and prejudice and the attempt to make them second-class citizens!!!
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#15New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:59:25
@BozieFozie Said

I believe you're missing the point in the whole "Gay Pride" movement, and I'm not sure I totally get it, but having spend a GREAT DEAL of time working for AIDAtlanta several years ago, I think I can speak to the "pride" issue. I have many, many gay friends who I love dearly, as well as a gay step-brother.

Just like other minorities, the Gay community has been repressed and judged....so "coming out" oftentimes looks like a huge "burst" of energy, when it's just "coming out", so to speak. Does this make sense?

Gay Pride does not translate to "Gay is Better", to me. It just signifys that this community will no longer tolerate injustice and prejudice and the attempt to make them second-class citizens!!!

WHEW!!!

For all you gay speech-writers, you MAY use any part of my above spew!!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs