Game of Thrones Season 8 - may contain spoilers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...16 17 18 · >>
Darkman666 On about 9 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#76New Post! Apr 16, 2019 @ 23:42:35
@mrmhead Said

HBO is reporting 17.4m - best in it's history for the 1st one.

___
Sidebar:
So I asked someone if the cable carriers report metadata to the providers. He said they're actually not allowed to collect that info. (he worked at one)
So I'm guessing some modern form of Neilson is still used for ratings?

the fact: Sunday's primetime tv shows were mainly repeats, and cbs had only new episodes on sunday. of course, the fact got's series finale will have no contest that night. because the tv season is pretty over, the ratings should huge. hbo worry if there is enough audience actually watch or tape on that night's regular time, when the ratings are draw that night.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#77New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 00:50:09
@darkman666 Said

the fact: Sunday's primetime tv shows were mainly repeats, and cbs had only new episodes on sunday. of course, the fact got's series finale will have no contest that night. because the tv season is pretty over, the ratings should huge. hbo worry if there is enough audience actually watch or tape on that night's regular time, when the ratings are draw that night.

I've heard that sometimes if there's a known big draw, other networks will show crap because they know they won't get the viewers anyways.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#78New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 01:34:54
@mrmhead Said

I've heard that sometimes if there's a known big draw, other networks will show crap because they know they won't get the viewers anyways.

primetime networks has been very weak over weekends over 20 years. walker, texas ranger era during the early 90's Saturday nights shows huge dropped off in rating, never has seen the dawn since. these days, has been success over 20 years, has been " the simpsons " and fox's animation shows on sunday. cbs was probably has been the best running up for second place in 20 years.

abc took a huge hit for putting lost's series finale on sunday with 15 millions rating. but next sunday, fox gamble with pretty good rating, comparing the low rating's of the last year of " 24 ". fox put 24 on sunday, it's series finale score 19 millions.

most primetime shows's season finale will be over by the end of april. less 10 to 15 season finales will wrap up there by 3 sunday of may. most of tv season will over by 3 Wednesday of may, because of memorial weekend. nobody watch tv.

less 5 to 6 season finales will wrap up their season in june. by the first Tuesday of june, will launch the summer tv shows.

from January to may, you will see more repeats, because of sports and awards shows, by this time, most of tv shows unless 12 to 15 episodes of the season left to air.

most of the regular tv season with 3 to 6 or possible 8 shows that has air, primetime networks will renew them or cancelled them by thanksgivings.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#79New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 01:47:01
@mrmhead Said

Yup. Everything takes a break for March f***ing madness
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#80New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 01:58:40
@mrmhead Said

HBO is reporting 17.4m - best in it's history for the 1st one.

___
Sidebar:
So I asked someone if the cable carriers report metadata to the providers. He said they're actually not allowed to collect that info. (he worked at one)
So I'm guessing some modern form of Neilson is still used for ratings?

And that’s not even counting the HBO on demand subscribers who have it set aside for later viewing this week. They do count the HBO Now viewers on Sunday night though. I don’t know how they compute the numbers.

It’s much harder now for any show, no matter what network it’s on to crack the top 20 of all time, simply because there is too much to watch now, too many choices, too many on demand and streaming options. And gaming options for that matter. That’s why shows like M*A*S*H*, Roots, Cheers, Fugitive, etc will always be on top, because they were aired back when there were only 3 or 4 network options every night and nothing else to watch/do really.

In fact, looking at that list, I only see three from this century and zero over the last decade.

Which would make it all the more remarkable if HBO can crack it with the finale.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#81New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 02:37:23
game of thrones's series finale does 30 over millions. most people will tape on dvd.

most of the best series finales will during the week, not the weekends. the last five years, series finales are hit or miss. " parenthood " is one of the best series and " castle " series finale is one of the worst series ever on primetime.

hbo and showtime's series finales numbers are not that big, got will be the first reach a really huge ratings more than average. either two networks ever really big series finales.

I think in the case, got only have 10 to 20 million or less 8 million for series finale depend on the fans are satisfied how the season plays out so far.

for example, this season of " the walking dead " stunk.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#82New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 05:14:40
@Leon Said

Nice pic.

I wonder if Arya’s secret weapon will be what kills either the Night King or the Dragon.

Arya and Bran are the only truly important ones in the story... everyone else is an unwitting pawn...

Valar morghulis

MarkAnthony On May 02, 2019

Dublin, Ireland
#83New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 07:16:40
<3

Love that this is back, its such an event that seemingly everyone and their mom can appreciate...

assuming your mom is cool with lots of murder and sex.

I try not to guess what'll happen, it'll only end up dissapointing if I have an idea of how it 'should' end. It would be predictable but satisfying if a Stark ended up on the throne, at this stage that pretty much only leaves Sansa and Snow as options... probably just Sansa.

So my prediction is that Sansa totally kicks a** as Lady of Winterfell, wins everyones loyalty and takes the throne.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#84New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 04:49:29
So here’s a theory my wife came up with.

The night king may be indeed Valyrian not just because he is able to ride the dragon, but because other Valyrians in the series have demonstrated an ability to revive from death, as both Jon Snow and Dany have.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#85New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 06:31:58
The dude with the flaming sword also gets brought back from the dead all the time. The same “god” that the red woman and Stanis prayed to. Of course that god could have old valarian roots too. I’m blanking in details including his name.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#86New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 11:35:45
Had it on again last night.
I think one misdirection for "Who Wins" is Jon and Dany.

One scene Varys was talking to someone and made some comment about young people don't realize "Things don't last", as they were looking down at Jon and Dany in the Winterfell courtyard.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#87New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 14:22:32
@Leon Said

So here’s a theory my wife came up with.

The night king may be indeed Valyrian not just because he is able to ride the dragon, but because other Valyrians in the series have demonstrated an ability to revive from death, as both Jon Snow and Dany have.

In which case the night king probably has the most legitimate claim to the throne.

I'm pretty sure it was the Electoral College system that screwed over... it happens.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#88New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 15:10:03

I don't that will be contest of between jon and dany at the end. the question will dany will die, with her dragons. or sacrifice herself to save jon, because of love?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#89New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 16:00:13
@darkman666 Said

I don't that will be contest of between jon and dany at the end. the question will dany will die, with her dragons. or sacrifice herself to save jon, because of love?

If one is going to sacrifice him/herself for the other, I would guess Jon would do the deed rather than Dany since A) Dany appears to be more ambitious in gaining the throne and B) Jon has already sacrificed himself to save others before.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#90New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 16:05:35
@mrmhead Said

One scene Varys was talking to someone and made some comment about young people don't realize "Things don't last", as they were looking down at Jon and Dany in the Winterfell courtyard.

I saw that, and it seems significant. Though varys doesn't know the truth that Jon is a targaryen...he's just jaded. and probably one of the best at actually playing the game of thrones, from the sidelines. I thought balish was good, but he wanted it for himself and f***ed up. vary's plays, with the thought of getting the best ruler at the time...which isn't just one person and always changes.

its certainly foreshadowing though jon and dany's relationship will change when the truth is known by all
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...16 17 18 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs