Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...16 17 18 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#46New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 19:23:19
Also the Lannister redemption: That I think has suffered the most in the switch from book to film. I can see that he's gotten better....but it's be bungled on film, it's only that Cersei is so terrible that he looks reasonable by comparison, when I know he changed a lot in his journey with Brieanne of Tarth.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#47New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 19:39:51
@Leon Said

You laugh, and in reality I was being funny.... But I just realized I was Bran on Saturday when someone forgot the place we were having our meeting had two steps into building, and no Hodor.

At least there was not snow, but I was still cold.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#48New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 19:54:24
Having read all your responses, but before I respond to them specifically, I thought I’d just let you know that I haven’t read the books, nor am I knowledgeable of the differences between the books and the HBO adaptation. So if any prediction seems impossible due to what’s already in the first 5 books, forgive me (and thanks in advance for pointing it out. ). Even if the HBO writers deviate a bit on stuff, I don’t think the HBO writers would deviate from key aspects or endings.

With that being said...

@DiscordTiger Said

So I thought that there was supposed to be three dragon riders? Though maybe that was a theory dropped when we went to film, since that whole part in the books (the prince from the martel's kingdom got dropped)...

Have we seen anyone "ride" the undead dragon, or did the NightKing just control him?

Spoiler from the first episode
So Dany let jon ride the f***ing dragon thinking he wasn't Targaryen...I mean she said nice knowing you...but what the f***. If Jon did not have Targaryen blood in him he should have been burn to a crisp according to legend and dragon lore. Danny should have know because Tyrion should have told her, He drinks and knows stuff, that is like his job.
I mean I knew R+L=J for a while, but still. I didn't expect Jon to know, because well "you know nothing, Jon Snow."

It could be that neither knew of this rule. I didn’t know about it myself, was it said in any episode? If so, who said it to who? I forgot about it if so. And, I agree, if Dani did know, then this would be puzzling. It could be that Dani is distrustful and conniving like Cersei, but that would be quite a character about-face from what we’ve seen so far. It would also give us a glimpse of how she probably will react once she finds out about Jon’s blood.

@DiscordTiger Said

You mean fight to the second death, leaving two living dragons and crispy dragon ash? if the green or red dragon die...nightking gets a replacement dragon from drogo (the black one), leaving them still tied with a dragon a piece.

I haven’t worked that out exactly. But my point wasn’t so much who would be (or wouldn’t be) the victor, but what the other dragon would do while the two were embroiled in that battle in the sky.

@DiscordTiger Said

Also the Lannister redemption: That I think has suffered the most in the switch from book to film. I can see that he's gotten better....but it's be bungled on film, it's only that Cersei is so terrible that he looks reasonable by comparison, when I know he changed a lot in his journey with Brieanne of Tarth.

So, let me know if I read that correctly, but Jamie is already a changed person and has redeemed himself fully in the books? Good to hear then. I could already tell he was changing during his time with Brieanne, even on film, and have grown to like him, almost as much as Tyrion.
Darkman666 On about 7 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#49New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:04:24
I have tape the episode, but not see it yet.

I have probably remember the character's names, somewhat remember the season finale. I don't remember who is kingslayer? I do remember bran is the guy who carry the little boy or the kingslayer is the little boy?

I usually watch this show's episode on the bottom of the list during the week, the show is ok for me. not " the walking dead " this season , Lincoln really need be shot, I want to shoot him myself!

I have admit the old English speaking language in the show, somewhat hard to follow or care about the story itself for me. most of the season. but, I like this kind of period pieces to watch every week.

the only reason, why I watch the show from the first place, is brilliant performance by peter Dinklage every week.

I have see all sevens seasons, I have a rough time try to remember most of the storylines and who the characters are.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#50New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:11:34
@darkman666 Said

I have probably remember the character's names, somewhat remember the season finale. I don't remember who is kingslayer? I do remember bran is the guy who carry the little boy or the kingslayer is the little boy?

I usually watch this show's episode on the bottom of the list during the week, the show is ok for me. not " the walking dead " this season , Lincoln really need be shot, I want to shoot him myself!

I have admit the old English speaking language in the show, somewhat hard to follow or care about the story itself for me. most of the season. but, I like this kind of period pieces to watch every week.

the only reason, why I watch the show from the first place, is brilliant performance by peter Dinklage every week.

I have see all sevens seasons, I have a rough time try to remember most of the storylines and who the characters are.

The Kingslayer is Jamie Lannister, brother/lover of the b**** Queen Cersei. He is the nicknamed the Kingslayer because he killed the Mad King Targaryen, thus putting the Lannister family on the throne (at first, via Robert Baratheon) - because he was, well mad.

Yeah, I haven’t read the books, so, starting with season 3 premiere (I watched the first two well after they both already had come out), I would read the Wikipedia plots of all episodes of the previous season right before watching again just to refresh. I even watched season 7’s final episode again Saturday. It was a dramatic eventful episode anyways, so I didn’t mind.

Walking Dead has had a serious decline after Negan was defeated. It’s hard to top him, really.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#51New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:13:01
@darkman666 Said

Same here - especially after - what was it - 20 months?

That's why I put on a few episodes when HBO/HBO2 was replaying the previous season while I was wrapping up for the day. Not really watching it, but catching pieces as reminders ...

.. Oh, and there was that David Gilmour-Echoes moment!
Anybody good at video editing? I think there's a good mash-up there!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#52New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:16:38
I’m going to put this out there for everyone from here on out in this thread: If you don’t want plot spoilers before seeing episodes, don’t read posts in this thread - or mine at least, because I watch them when they go on air, and will likely be talking about them soon after.

I also messaged Discord to put a warning in the OP.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#53New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:20:37
@Leon Said

I’m going to put this out there for everyone from here on out in this thread: If you don’t want plot spoilers before seeing episodes, don’t read posts in this thread - or mine at least, because I watch them when they go on air, and will likely be talking about them soon after.

I also messaged Discord to put a warning in the OP.

Can you edit the title to say "May Include Spoilers"?

.. I don't mind if I miss it and read spoilers, but I know some may.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#54New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:21:27
@mrmhead Said

Can you edit the title to say "May Include Spoilers"?

.. I don't mind if I miss it and read spoilers, but I know some may.

I don’t think we can edit the title.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#55New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:41:31
@Leon Said

The Kingslayer is Jamie Lannister, brother/lover of the b**** Queen Cersei. He is the nicknamed the Kingslayer because he killed the Mad King Targaryen, thus putting the Lannister family on the throne (at first, via Robert Baratheon) - because he was, well mad.

Yeah, I haven’t read the books, so, starting with season 3 premiere (I watched the first two well after they both already had come out), I would read the Wikipedia plots of all episodes of the previous season right before watching again just to refresh. I even watched season 7’s final episode again Saturday. It was a dramatic eventful episode anyways, so I didn’t mind.

Walking Dead has had a serious decline after Negan was defeated. It’s hard to top him, really.

I haven't read any of the books either. now, I know who you mean Jamie. the actress who play queen cersei. she is been around for awhile in acting. it worth watching her nude and walking around the village. her son who was poisoned in the show. quit show business in real life, no interest in the business at all. I remember the scenes from the show, when once someone explain to me. I usually think at the time, so or ok. the storylines have too twist to them, I lost of interest in it.

you know by now, the dragging farewell or season finale. it would more better series finale due the rating. the finale conflict with Lincoln and negan will kill each others.

amc has to hope when they air this great episode, that someone exactly watch it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#56New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:44:01
@mrmhead Said

Same here - especially after - what was it - 20 months?

That's why I put on a few episodes when HBO/HBO2 was replaying the previous season while I was wrapping up for the day. Not really watching it, but catching pieces as reminders ...

.. Oh, and there was that David Gilmour-Echoes moment!
Anybody good at video editing? I think there's a good mash-up there!

couple of years ago, on demand, I watched season 3 to 5 of got. it worth's watching and waiting for.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#58New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:51:31
@Leon Said

I don’t think we can edit the title.

I think I can...will do
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#59New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 20:56:28
I do feel like i should have marathoned the previous seasons before the premier. I feel like I should still try and do that before I watch more.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#60New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 21:12:36
@DiscordTiger Said

I think I can...will do

Oh okay, thanks!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...16 17 18 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs