Gab is temporary down

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 · >>
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#226New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 11:14:34
@nooneinparticular Said

I'm legitimately confused here. Are you saying that gay marriage is a globalist hoax or that it's nothing to be worried about?

In the late 90s, there was a lot of time and energy and planning spent for this pending disaster (Y2K.) Everyone knew something had to be done. Everyone knew we all had to act. But it didn’t matter. Not only was our assumptions false but the emotional investment was futile. Simple pure hysteria. All the preppers and all the hand-wringers were needlessly burning energy on the subject. The Matrix succeeded in part due to the culture of "technology run amok."

But we're addicted to hysteria and keep trying to reproduce these type events over and over.

I'm not buying

So if scientists tell me that the earth is slowly drifting towards the sun best thing to do is crack a beer and go pop in the DVD of Mary Poppins and sing along with Julie Andrews and D1ck Van Dyke.

I feel the same way about the coral reefs dying as I do about the flooding city of Venice as I do about Whatever social justice awareness month random topic.

, Florida
#227New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 11:38:55
And to prove my point.

Here are two options.

1. Block an overpass to celebrate Black Lives Matter.

2. Watch and sing-along with the embedded youtube video.

I can carry a tune pretty good so I'm telling you I know what I'm doing right now.

chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#228New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 14:44:56
@gakINGKONG Said

I feel the same way about the coral reefs dying as I do about the flooding city of Venice as I do about Whatever social justice awareness month random topic.

Same... another great example is the Flint Michigan Water crisis.

They should just stop all the hysteria and drink the water.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#229New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 15:54:19
@wirelessguru1 Said

Sorry, but what name calling are you referring to now?
Psychos, meat head and stalker were all poster names that I read here on this thread who were replying to Me...

I'm not going to help you pretend you don't know what I'm talking about or that your post was not in violation of TOS.

It's not an attack on you or me being unreasonable, it's me being a moderator and asking you to follow the rules...same ones that were in place the last time you were active here.

Just stop doing it and we're fine. Okay?
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#230New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 16:53:31
Look, if you don't like Me here at TFS just ban Me.
Either case, I will be out of here as soon as Gab is back up again.
I know rather well when I AM not being invited to the party.
+1 (Neo)
Stalker

#231New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 16:55:51
@wirelessguru1 Said

+1 (Neo)

Oh no! Someone told me to follow the rules and not to call other people names...

PS
I had a great breakfast today... paid for by YOUR tax dollars.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#232New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 17:00:18
Stalker, what rules?
TFS is calling YOU a stalker! Wake up!!!
My breakfast was much better than yours...
Stalker

#233New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 17:04:11
@wirelessguru1 Said

Stalker, what rules?

Read the Eagle's posts, he told you were to find the TFS rules.

@wirelessguru1 Said

My breakfast was much better than yours...

Not you didn't, because my breakfast was paid for with YOUR tax dollars nothing is better than having a meal and knowing that YOU paid for it?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#234New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 17:23:15
@wirelessguru1 Said

+1 (Neo)

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like you (I don't, but that's irrelevant) and everything to do with you following the same rules everyone else is expected to follow. You've made the choice for me.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#235New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 22:27:16
@chaski Said

Whitey Bulger has been killed in prison.

Note: I don't think he was ice skating, but I really don't know for certain...

Didn't Johnny Depp play him in a movie recently?
Stalker

#236New Post! Nov 01, 2018 @ 22:47:43
@psycoskunk Said

Didn't Johnny Depp play him in a movie recently?

Yes; Black Mass.

Apparently Whitey hated Depp's portrayal... Like WTF! Who else do you want to be you in a movie!

I wonder now if Donnie Brasco (aka Joseph Pistone) was also disappointed.

Forget about it.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#237New Post! Nov 02, 2018 @ 01:57:48
@gakINGKONG Said

In the late 90s, there was a lot of time and energy and planning spent for this pending disaster (Y2K.) Everyone knew something had to be done. Everyone knew we all had to act. But it didn’t matter. Not only was our assumptions false but the emotional investment was futile. Simple pure hysteria. All the preppers and all the hand-wringers were needlessly burning energy on the subject. The Matrix succeeded in part due to the culture of "technology run amok."

But we're addicted to hysteria and keep trying to reproduce these type events over and over.

I'm not buying

So if scientists tell me that the earth is slowly drifting towards the sun best thing to do is crack a beer and go pop in the DVD of Mary Poppins and sing along with Julie Andrews and D1ck Van Dyke.

So hoax. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#238New Post! Nov 02, 2018 @ 02:55:26
@gakINGKONG Said

I'll give you that the hysteria was overblown, but only because the IT industry acknowledged and responded to it ahead of time.

To dig down to the roots - the assumption was to save on "bytes" (way-back - it was expensive) there was no need to replicate "19" over and over again, so many programs were written as a two-digit year indicator. And now when the 99 turns 00 all kinds of calculations would wig-out. Also most figured the programs written in the 60s, 70s and 80s would be replaced by 2000.

I've heard some of the "fixes" were to just add 28 or 32 and adjust the calcs - in essence kick the can down the road.

Of course that is an extreme simplification, but maybe some of the Gabbers will get the idea.

, Florida
#239New Post! Nov 02, 2018 @ 12:16:12
@nooneinparticular Said

So hoax. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

okay
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#240New Post! Nov 02, 2018 @ 13:54:42
@gakINGKONG Said

I'm not buying

@gakINGKONG Said

And to prove my point.

Here are two options.

1. Block an overpass to celebrate Black Lives Matter.

2. Watch and sing-along with the embedded youtube video.

I can carry a tune pretty good so I'm telling you I know what I'm doing right now.

Reminds me of Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs