Forums:
Politics

Fueling the Jihad against America

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#61New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:36:51
i was hoping you say that one... you rock...
probably find some old munitions pile being used as a playground to fuel your inflammatory intentions...
cademetz On October 07, 2005

Deleted

#62New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:39:41
I love you guys... you made me laugh... wooo hoooo!!!

I agree jeoin, that is a very good idea. Implementing it though would be extremely difficult. However, there are a lot of civilians who are volunteering to work in Iraq despite the risks. Kudos to them and kudos to anyone working to make Iraq a better place.
deadjim On December 23, 2010

Little Rock, Arkansas
#63New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:42:08
*slips behind cadametz and sprays his favorite cologne - Farhenheit, over his shoulder.* Oh Cad I'VE MISSED YOU!

*tongue kiss*
panetti On February 17, 2005

Little Rock, Arkansas
#64New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:46:55
Now you're really getting wacko jim. Please keep your petty vendetta out of our debates. It's just going to turn into another back-and-forth flamefest while the rest of us are trying to talk about this jihad issue.

Deleted

#65New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:50:32
cademetz is my name... posting is my game...

cademetz --> Cade Metz

not cadmetz
not cadametz

P.S. - No I don't write for PC Magazine... that is my cousin...

#66New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 15:10:46
CadeMetz
your avatar is a kid flipping folks off?

Deleted

#67New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 17:57:53
Flipping people off? Kinda... The picture is a really YOUNG kid at a soccer match, assumingly flicking the refs off.

#68New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 20:07:57
its funny as hell....

Little Rock, Arkansas
#69New Post! Apr 30, 2004 @ 20:49:22
Yeah, it shouldn't funny....but I can't help myself, that's funny.
seija On November 20, 2004

Little Rock, Arkansas
#70New Post! May 01, 2004 @ 05:02:34
Quote:
Flipping people off? Kinda... The picture is a really YOUNG kid at a soccer match, assumingly flicking the refs off.

Yeah... he looks english to me. Looks like hes giving a proper response to that rubish call by that w**ker of a ref, heh.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#71New Post! May 01, 2004 @ 05:05:18
Hee hee hee, crazy brits!
saladin On November 18, 2004

#72New Post! May 25, 2004 @ 21:23:50
Quote:
It is obbious the radical fundamental Muslims hate everything the US and the free worls stands for...they see it as their job to iradicate anything pro-western...It is NOT because they do not like us being over there...They have hated us ever since our nation began to show its prospects of a free nation...

I'm always against any form of extremism. But at the same time, although I'm against extremists, I think we should accept the facts whether we like it or not. Now, to claim that Muslim fundamentalists hate the US because of what the US stands for is not an honest approach to this conflict.

Shari'ah (islamic law) is not followed in the United States, nor is it truly followed in other countries around the world. These fundamentalists might not agree with some of the US's free policies, but they are not going to go to the extent of killing three thousand people (and at the same time getting themselves killed afterwards) just because this particular nation did'nt follow the Shari'ah.

Think about this for a minute. There are about 1.3 billion Muslims. Only 18% are Arabs. Why is it that a significant majority of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims are Arabs? Where are the Malaysian or Chinese Muslim terrorists? How come we don't see Nigerian Muslim terrorists attacking the U.S?

Because quite frankly, the U.S policies in the Arab world is completely partial. Picture yourself in a country like Yemen. You're poor and oppressed. You hear the United States saying it doesnt negotiate with terrorists and that it is against all forms of oppression and tyranny. Yet, at the same time, you see the same country supporting the dictator oppressing you. How would that make you feel? Did you know the United States financially aides and supports dictators such as Ali Abdullah Saleh(of Yemen), or Mubarak(of Egypt)?

Bottom line is, Arabs don't trust the U.S. (but I believe if a prosperous democratic Iraq does develop, the stance could change) They view us as hypocrites. And they, like everyone else, don't want hypocrites ruling on thier land (espicially thier holy sites)

I must also add: the methods some Arabs(i.e. OBL) have been using to fight the U.S is erroneous, unjust, and unislamic. Every Muslim knows the saying of Prophet Muhammad when he explicitely forbid the killing of noncombatants. Fundamentalists tend to ignore aspects of the Shari'ah that don't fit thier attitudes.

#73New Post! May 26, 2004 @ 00:45:38
Excluding Iraq, I think the US is there by invite. If the people don't like the choices their government makes they should change the government there. Terrorists taint the very religion they preach. To take a life that is innocent is horrible. At least the US is backed by a majority of its people. We can change our leaders, we can cause postive change. When our army kills innocents it reflects poorly on us all. Terrorist hide in their isolation. Luring young muslims to give up their life, when the very leaders of their organization lack the bravery to make the same sacrifice they request. It is their cowardice.
I also believe that any muslim that helps or aids terrorists is a terrorist. There should be an uprising from within the muslim faith, that takes away the hiding places of these men. Where is this at? To SAW off a mans head. A man that was there to help, that was not fighting. A man who's family does not support the war. What a great Honor the man who did this must feel. It makes me sick to know that he would be granted the right to a trial, but I am proud to say I know he would. This man wraps his head like a muslim woman is forced to do. That my friend says it all.
saladin On November 18, 2004

#74New Post! May 26, 2004 @ 01:21:26
Quote:
Excluding Iraq, I think the US is there by invite. If the people don't like the choices their government makes they should change the government there.

Indeed. But its not as easy as it might sound. There have been many attempts for revolts against dictators but they have always been taken down by the dictator's military might. Not to mention the many spies all around the country who will give out any information to the ruler about anyone even THINKING of rebelling.

Quote:
I also believe that any muslim that helps or aids terrorists is a terrorist. There should be an uprising from within the muslim faith, that takes away the hiding places of these men. Where is this at?

There have been scholars such as Amr Khaled and Al-Qaradawi speaking out against such extreme forms of Islam. They are moderates. It is these people who should be supported. Muslims (particularly Arab speaking people) tune in to thier shows all the time.

Do you know what happened to Amr Khaled a few months ago? The Egyptian government kicked him out! Why? Because he, unlike others, brought back the Islam that existed during the days of Muhammad. Jihad is not going out and killing whoever isn't a Muslim. Jihad is striving for Justice. Prophet Muhammad said it himself: ?The greatest Jihad of all is to speak a word of justice to an oppressor".

The majority of Muslims worldwide are moderate. Only problem is, those who have power are not moderates. They are either secularists or extremists.

Quote:
To SAW off a mans head.

Even Hezballah condemned the beheading. Need I say more?

Quote:

This man wraps his head like a muslim woman is forced to do.

A Muslim women is not "forced" to cover her face. Again, this is just a form of extremism. For more on this, you can go to: https://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=5718

#75New Post! May 26, 2004 @ 02:18:11
I respect you Saladin, you are reaching out in a manner that honors your faith.
I apologize for saying women are forced to wrap their heads. I believe a man and woman are equal. If a woman makes the choice then I have no no complaint. If she is forced, i have a big problem with it.

Politics are never simple. Many americans died in our revolution, indeed many native americans did as well. If these terrorist have issues with their government they should dedicate their proposed might to changing their world. They don't do this because if they did they would be stopped, With all that military might dictators use to quell rebellions. Why they don't do it when only Americans are dying is beyond me. It almost supports the many theories that say they are working together. What better way to attack america, than to do it in a manner that alleviates the burden of responsiblity.

One day, Saladin, the terrorist will cross the line. If they nuke a city or infect a city the responce will be violent. It will be sad for the world. Sad for all that the muslim faith stands for, and for what america stands for. I will have no choice but to side with my country. The world will cry for the sins of a few. A few that can be stopped. They should be turned in. The money should stop, the hiding and sheltering should stop.
This is the problem with words of faith. They are only words, and as such are open for interpretation. In the US at least 51 percent of us agree. The other 49 listen. Watch as bush support fades, remember it is happening way before any terrorist attack occurs. America is changing her mind before the world.
I am sorry for the innocent lives lost in Iraq, the shame the prisoners indure. I am sorry some people over there don't like it that we are there. Should americans form terrorist networks and start killing muslims? No. I don't think we will, but let these attacks continue and it may happen. I won't participate in it, I won't listen to it. I will turn them in.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs