The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Jokes & Humor:
Insults

From my script in progress, I share an insult...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Mar 26, 2015 @ 13:03:52
I am writing a feature length film script for the second screenwriting course offered at my school. I would like to post an insult here, in english, because the original version is written in Spanish. The husband of a police officer gets angry with her becuse she cannot do something he would like her to. Hesays the following to her.

"Never mind. Carry on picking up your rubbish."

"What did you say?

"Well, that is what you and the police do isn't it? You're the collectors, the criminals are the garbage, the patrol cars and vans are garbage vehicles, aren't they?
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 26, 2015 @ 14:45:33
I don't really see that as an insult
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Mar 26, 2015 @ 16:03:28
i don't see, either. here is a insult form a joke below.

the lady come out her house carrying her garbage. she see the trashman's truck just left her container in her driveway, and heading down the street. the wife doesn't what to do, then the truck stop a couple of houses down. she decide to run down the street to see if they would take trash with them. the trashman come out of the truck, and grab her neighbor's trashcan, and heading for the back of the truck. the lady is running really fast toward the trashman, and screaming, " i'm too late, i'm too late! " and the trashman turn his back and smile to her and said, ' of course, you are not too late, jump in! "
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Mar 26, 2015 @ 16:53:15
It's an insult, but in a way that in not sure you understand your target.

Anyway. APD officer here actually pit human waste disposal as occupation on fb, then talked about taking out the garbage. 4 days suspension on that. Then city officials have the nerve to act shocked when he is involved in not one but two wrongful death shootings. Costing millions of dollars, not that even makes up for shooting the guy for an invalid reason.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#5New Post! Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:28:17
I dont see it as an insult either.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#6New Post! Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:46:44
I wonder if this insult is literally lost in translation.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Mar 27, 2015 @ 16:36:44
"You are tearing me apart, Lisa! Ohai Mark..."
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Mar 27, 2015 @ 19:55:17
Oh, I thought being referred to as a trash collector might be considered offensive by law enforcement officers. It is true, fiuguratively speaking. The police do have to deal with the undesirables of society, so, symbollically, they do take out the trash.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Mar 27, 2015 @ 20:59:31
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#10New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 00:43:17
@Conflict Said

Oh, I thought being referred to as a trash collector might be considered offensive by law enforcement officers. It is true, fiuguratively speaking. The police do have to deal with the undesirables of society, so, symbollically, they do take out the trash.

Perhaps that's it. I don't see anything insulting about being a trash collector. They work 4 days a week, they no longer have to lift because the truck does the work for them, and they start at about $60,000 a year.

Cops work longer hours, work harder, and make less money.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 01:01:17
"Hey assface, nice trash truck, ya assface."
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 01:04:48
@Conflict Said

Kinda like throwing a shoe at someone.

Over here it's like ... meh ...

But in the middle east, it is something you could be "dissapeared" for if it were at the wrong person ... or praised if the right!
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#13New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 01:21:21
Yeah but why would a husband say that to a wife in anger? It's like there is a disconnect in how relationships work.

Like I can get belittling a woman who works, but that is just like the guy is trying to be an a** and failing, well, maybe to failing, but not performing to potential.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 01:31:24
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah but why would a husband say that to a wife in anger? It's like there is a disconnect in how relationships work.

Like I can get belittling a woman who works, but that is just like the guy is trying to be an a** and failing, well, maybe to failing, but not performing to potential.

I think the reasoning is that it seems to be minimalizing the job she actually does, like it's not all that complicated and anyone could do it.

Kind of like calling a teacher a glorified babysitter or something like that.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Mar 28, 2015 @ 02:05:07
@Eaglebauer Said

I think the reasoning is that it seems to be minimalizing the job she actually does, like it's not all that complicated and anyone could do it.

Kind of like calling a teacher a glorified babysitter or something like that.

I get that, usually there is a tinge of mysgny though. Baby sitter is something a teenage girl does. Trash collectors stereotypically men, I mean its unskilled labor but still.

Maybe I just have issues considering my area and the problem with the po po. It may also be a translation thing. It just seams weird.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs