Frazier and Ali

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 17:23:52
I feel awful posting this in light of his death and don't want to speak ill of Ali, but, when he called Frazier a gorilla, that, presumably was not racist?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 01:35:57
@yami Said

I feel awful posting this in light of his death and don't want to speak ill of Ali, but, when he called Frazier a gorilla, that, presumably was not racist?

Only to people who make the connection between gorillas and blacks.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 05:56:39
@yami Said

You would probably have to ask Ali himself to get an answer....and that's not possible!

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 10:26:16
Well Spinkie, just for you, Parky does bring up the issue of racial integration here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBnc8YNaaQ

I'm sure I've got it wrong though as in this vid Ali sounds like a klansman, saying he is against mixed marriages. Saying that blacks, whites etc should not marry each other. He even makes his eyes ""slits" when talking about a China man! He talks about not wanting to destroy the racial purity of the black race! But he does balance that by saying that no one should dilute the "purity" of any race. At the end of the interview, the largely white audience, applaud.
Oh well, we have come a long way since then and I'm sure Ali renounced his absurd views.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 20:41:08
@Leon Said

Only to people who make the connection between gorillas and blacks.

You point a finger at me and you point 3 back at yourself!

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 20:41:47
@Spinkiegirl Said

You would probably have to ask Ali himself to get an answer....and that's not possible!

Let's ask what he thought of mixed marriages...

...he sounds like a klansman!

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 22:05:03
@yami Said

Let's ask what he thought of mixed marriages...

...he sounds like a klansman!

WOW! I never saw that interview nor did I know he held those beliefs about "interracial marriages!" I'm gonna have to take back some cool points from him on that issue! Simply because I am one of three children born to a French & Black loving father....as well as a Sicilian loving mother. And here in America...at one time in this not so great nation, it was ILLEGAL for whites & blacks to marry! How f***ing INSANE is that?

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 22:11:37
@yami Said

Well Spinkie, just for you, Parky does bring up the issue of racial integration here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBnc8YNaaQ

I'm sure I've got it wrong though as in this vid Ali sounds like a klansman, saying he is against mixed marriages. Saying that blacks, whites etc should not marry each other. He even makes his eyes ""slits" when talking about a China man! He talks about not wanting to destroy the racial purity of the black race! But he does balance that by saying that no one should dilute the "purity" of any race. At the end of the interview, the largely white audience, applaud.
Oh well, we have come a long way since then and I'm sure Ali renounced his absurd views.

Well in that case.......I stand firm in my beliefs that I totally disagree with Ali about race mixing! Yes he has every right to hold those views & beliefs. But IMO.........I will simply DISMISS that kinda of BULLs***! Yes even coming from him! I say "f*** anyone who holds those INSANE beliefs!"
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#9New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 01:52:00
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well in that case.......I stand firm in my beliefs that I totally disagree with Ali about race mixing! Yes he has every right to hold those views & beliefs. But IMO.........I will simply DISMISS that kinda of BULLs***! Yes even coming from him! I say "f*** anyone who holds those INSANE beliefs!"

So, f*** Ali, because 40 years ago, he was against inter-racial marriages?

Then it stands to reason that you'd also say "f*** Obama, because 8 years ago he was against gay marriages!!!", right?

Because we should always remember that people can never change, and what someone did in the past should always be held against them, even if they change their views.

f*** THEM ALL!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:00:21
@boxer Said

So, f*** Ali, because 40 years ago, he was against inter-racial marriages?

Then it stands to reason that you'd also say "f*** Obama, because 8 years ago he was against gay marriages!!!", right?

Because we should always remember that people can never change, and what someone did in the past should always be held against them, even if they change their views.

f*** THEM ALL!!!

HUH??? lol
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#11New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:44:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

HUH??? lol

I was agreeing with you.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 10:22:36
Well, if anyone has the video where he denounces these views than I'll stand corrected.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 18:14:24
Interesting point raised here, I know this is what Ali thought 40 years ago, but 30 years ago, last month, last week...even yesterday, does it make a difference?
As we often see threads about racism attacking something that somebody has said in the past. Unless we have an up to date statement from that person should we just not debate it? As I've been told her that it gave Ali plenty of time to change his mind, fair enough but how long should we give somebody?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#14New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 18:50:29
@yami Said

Interesting point raised here, I know this is what Ali thought 40 years ago, but 30 years ago, last month, last week...even yesterday, does it make a difference?
As we often see threads about racism attacking something that somebody has said in the past. Unless we have an up to date statement from that person should we just not debate it? As I've been told her that it gave Ali plenty of time to change his mind, fair enough but how long should we give somebody?

I completely understand that you're trying to bait people into this thread, but aside from your fail in that regard, you do realize that Chaski posted this question outside of this forum, and it was the featured topic for all of last week, right?

If you're so busy trying to get people to take the bait that you miss the actual goings on around here, then you're going to be labeled an obvious troll, and you know what they say about obvious troll..

He's obvious.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 20:35:53
@boxer Said

I completely understand that you're trying to bait people into this thread, but aside from your fail in that regard, you do realize that Chaski posted this question outside of this forum, and it was the featured topic for all of last week, right?

If you're so busy trying to get people to take the bait that you miss the actual goings on around here, then you're going to be labeled an obvious troll, and you know what they say about obvious troll..

He's obvious.

https://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/9c7f4e23-0698-47d3-8870-d07c22e8d23c
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs