AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 · >>
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#196New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:38:49
@Pussy_Kat Said

Except that, as far as life goes, science has no case. (Nor does religion. Both are wrong lol.)

"Science" is not wrong, because all science has produced are theories that fit the evidence found thus far.

"Science" doesn't claim to have the final answer.
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#197New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:40:39
@jonnythan Said

"Science" is not wrong, because all science has produced are theories that fit the evidence found thus far.

"Science" doesn't claim to have the final answer.

So we kinda agree then? Wow!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#198New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:47:51
@someone_else Said

That is an absolutely terrible assignment that really only promotes stereotyping. Did you just draw three regular people?

I would have turned in a copy of "The signing of the Declaration of Independence".

There's more than one of each in that pic.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#199New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:48:07
@someone_else Said

That is an absolutely terrible assignment that really only promotes stereotyping. Did you just draw three regular people?

No, I were only 12 or something then, and far less aware of things than Pussy Kat is (I were a stupid kid believing everything I were told, had no internet to learn things myself, and surrounded by religious pressure from my family day in, day out).

I drew a Nun (Theist), ordinary person (Agnostic), and a punk (Atheist), pretty much what everyone were drawing and the teacher had no problem with such drawings.

I didnt know anything about American history or that declaration of independance back then.

Thats what people were pretty much taught when I were young. Theist = good, Agnostic = neutral, Atheist = wicked devil kids.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#200New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:52:09
@boxerdc Said

I would have turned in a copy of "The signing of the Declaration of Independence".

There's more than one of each in that pic.

That's a good one.

@Bhav Said

No, I were only 12 or something then, and far less aware of things than Pussy Kat is (I were a stupid kid believing everything I were told, had no internet to learn things myself, and surrounded by religious pressure from my family day in, day out).

I drew a Nun (Theist), ordinary person (Agnostic), and a punk (Atheist), pretty much what everyone were drawing and the teacher had no problem with such drawings.

Wow. That's so sad. I can't even imagine what exactly that teacher thought (s)he was teaching.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#201New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:52:57
@someone_else Said

It could be a great way to attack stereotyping.

Show the class the pictures of the "atheists" as punks, then put up the picture boxer posted.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#202New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:53:24
@someone_else Said

Wow. That's so sad. I can't even imagine what exactly that teacher thought (s)he was teaching.

Religious Education in UK's public schools.

Now imagine if for 'Theist', I had drawn this:

I would have been in serious serious trouble for 'inciting religious hatred'.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#203New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:54:33
@Bhav Said

Seriously is this how pathetic Christians are becoming now in the USA? First rewriting history books to exclude Thomas Jefferson for some christian nutter instead, and now asking to ban a science book which rightfully calls creationism a 'biblical myth'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRd4toZx2zo&playnext_from=TL&videos=aWBEBgGeWi0&feature=sub

If I had to worship satan to be intelligent, then I would do just that before turning to any stupid religion.

We're NOT pathetic! And it's NOT stupid! Sheesh...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#204New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:55:02
@someone_else Said

Remember, the UK has an official state religion which mixes with its government.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#205New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:58:25
@grasshopper Said

We're NOT pathetic! And it's NOT stupid! Sheesh...

The original post and all the morons on Fox News makes me disagree.

Go go Sarah Palin, definately not a pathetic stupid person .
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#206New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 14:59:59
@jonnythan Said

It could be a great way to attack stereotyping.

Show the class the pictures of the "atheists" as punks, then put up the picture boxer posted.

Yes. That would be good if that was what the teacher did. You're right. Too bad (s)he didn't do that and just approved the stereotypes.

Banned

, United Kingdom
#207New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 15:04:31
@plebian_angel Said

If he believes that people shouldn't think magically than so be it. It's not like it's gonna be put into law

Oh believe me he was really serious lol - and the trouble is sometimes people in power listen to these cranky ideas because they come from a professor.

Banned

, United Kingdom
#208New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 15:07:51
@jonnythan Said

Remember, the UK has an official state religion which mixes with its government.

You keep saying that Jonnythan, but actually certainly England is nowhere near as conservatively religious as the US. Not even close. We kinda outgrew it lol. Some people are, but most aren't.

The Protestant church was only established as the 'state' church by Henry VIII to secure his line of descent on the throne and to remove the power of the pope. That's all.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#209New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 15:14:32
@Pussy_Kat Said

You keep saying that Jonnythan, but actually certainly England is nowhere near as conservatively religious as the US. Not even close. We kinda outgrew it lol. Some people are, but most aren't.

The Protestant church was only established as the 'state' church by Henry VIII to secure his line of descent on the throne and to remove the power of the pope. That's all.

I keep saying it because of things like the above. It's a fact that there's a state religion, and this manifests as things like the silly "religious education" the previous poster was talking about. That is nonexistent in public schools in the US.

Banned

, United Kingdom
#210New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 15:18:22
@jonnythan Said

I keep saying it because of things like the above. It's a fact that there's a state religion, and this manifests as things like the silly "religious education" the previous poster was talking about. That is nonexistent in public schools in the US.

Yeah, but RE is just an excuse to get your science prep done so you don't have to later, or draw some silly doodles lol. No-one listens in it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs