Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...14 15 16 · >>
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#16New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:46:35
@davii Said

Like many other such questions, it usually gets blamed on the work of the Devil in order to lure people away from God...

Because alot of people only know how to fearmonger. Why not educate and be open to every possibility so you can form an opinion and maybe people can believe what they want without being called a nutcase
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#17New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:47:50
@nikefatcat Said

People who believe in creationism are just plain nuts, given there is scientific proof of evolution. Back in the day, when a bunch of quacks wrote these religious texts, they had no concept of what we know now. But now, we can trace the progression of homonids from their primitive form to the modern human. We also know of two major extinctions that wiped out almost all life on earth, allowing the surviving species to dominate and evolve...progressing to the modern species we see today. For all those out there who believe the Earth was created in six days and then God rested, where the hell do dinosaurs factor in? You can't say they never existed...even five year olds are aware that they did. If there is someone out there who believes in Creationism and can explain to me where dinosaurs fit into this theory, I'm all ears.

They also believe that the earth is merely a few thousand years old,and that all previous extinct life forms were killed in Noah's flood, because they were wicked!
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#18New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:49:21
@KAMPA Said

They also believe that the earth is merely a few thousand years old,and that all previous extinct life forms were killed in Noah's flood, because they were wicked!

who is 'they'?
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:50:08
@plebian_angel Said

Because alot of people only know how to fearmonger. Why not educate and be open to every possibility so you can form an opinion and maybe people can believe what they want without being called a nutcase

Not sure I understand your reply
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#20New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:50:52
@davii Said

Not sure I understand your reply

You saying that people say a viewpoint differ from creationism is the work of the devil
nikefatcat On March 11, 2023

amsterdam, Netherlands
#21New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:51:37
@davii Said

Like many other such questions, it usually gets blamed on the work of the Devil in order to lure people away from God...

Probably true

Here's a better example...I dunno about the Bible cuz I don't read that rubbish, but I know from history classes that some religions would treat solar exclipses as religious events...BUT we know now that it is simply the moon passing between the Earth and the sun...that cannot be attributed to the devil or any religious event in any way since we know 100% without question the Earth's orbit and the moon's orbit and can actually predict when a solar eclipse will happen down to the minute. Ancient people didn't know that and therefore explained it with their religions.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:54:34
@plebian_angel Said

You saying that people say a viewpoint differ from creationism is the work of the devil

Noooo, I meant that things that cannot be explained by creationistas tend to get attributed to the work of the Devil.

I know what I meant, even if no one else did
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#23New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:56:17
@davii Said

Noooo, I meant that things that cannot be explained by creationistas tend to get attributed to the work of the Devil.

I know what I meant, even if no one else did

Ooh ok gotcha now
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#24New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:13:33
@mark_is_god Said

i never said it was?

You said it wasn't myth. Well, it is myth. That's what myth is.

And this book is a science book intended for science class. Creationism is not science. It is myth.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#25New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:14:45
@jonnythan Said

You said it wasn't myth. Well, it is myth. That's what myth is.

And this book is a science book intended for science class. Creationism is not science. It is myth.

no i didn't.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#26New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:18:24
Ah, you're right, I got your silly statement mixed up with someone else's silly statement.

You said that it hasn't been disproven. Well, the problem with this sort of religious garbage is that it's literally impossible to disprove.

You can come up with a million creation stories that are literally impossible to disprove. Nothing makes any of the current Christian creationism myths better than any other disprovable myths.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#27New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:25:33
@jonnythan Said

Ah, you're right, I got your silly statement mixed up with someone else's silly statement.

You said that it hasn't been disproven. Well, the problem with this sort of religious garbage is that it's literally impossible to disprove.

You can come up with a million creation stories that are literally impossible to disprove. Nothing makes any of the current Christian creationism myths better than any other disprovable myths.

and i think your completely missing my point.

i fully believe creationism is wrong, and i fully believe creationism fits the definition of myth.

my point is, i don't like the wording of the science book, something like "creationism is an explanation put forward by Christianity to explain the origin of earth and its people, it as present has no scientific evidence supporting it." would of been more appropriate.

simply saying its myth, isn't sufficient, myth has to many various meanings, which can be construed to change the meaning the statement completely.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013