The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

Foreign Applications for British only jobs...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 13:08:04
I deal with alot of Miltary & civil projects in my working life as a recruiter. Recruiting People for these positions is quite hard at the best of times, with security checks etc.. We also by law have to advertise various positions. so we use the internet.

Since being in recruitment i have had at least 1000 people from countries that i couldnt even pre-nounce apply for jobs. at least 60% of then cant even write or speak english, let alone be alowed to work in the UK.

But by law we not alowed to mention British passports only, because we may higher a Aussie or US people instead (long story).

The problem i see is that working in the UK for a foreign non EU citizen is becoming easier and easier. BUT.... I have seen with my own eyes, people geting jobs in the UK and then after a period of time they quit or get sacked, and then spounge of the state. I have witnessed at least 10 this year.. Its starting to worry me...

But theres jack all we can do....

so when you hear about illegal immergrants getting into the country. spare a thought for the ones which come in legally then sponge.....

Thought i'd tell you guys about that.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#2New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 13:24:09
Damn those Aussie's!
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 13:35:56
You are allowed to hire Aussies/US Citizens? if so then thats just crap considering all the s*** you have to go through in order to work in those respective countries - not too sure what the script is with Australia but the U.S.A is a f***ing nightmare to try and emigrate to - the last time i looked [mid last year] there was a 9 year waiting for ordinary applications.
innit!

#4New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 13:42:16
@cole Said
You are allowed to hire Aussies/US Citizens? if so then thats just crap considering all the s*** you have to go through in order to work in those respective countries - not too sure what the script is with Australia but the U.S.A is a f***ing nightmare to try and emigrate to - the last time i looked [mid last year] there was a 9 year waiting for ordinary applications.

thats right but the other way, they can here next tuesday!!
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#5New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 14:08:46
In Australia, employers are now being encouraged to import workers from destitute nations, sack locals and give jobs to them at a lower rate...if they sack them they get deported no questions asked.

The poor aussie is left with no job and no right of appeal.

Time to revolt!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#6New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 14:12:23
The Aussies are revolting.

I didn't say it Cobber did!!!
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#7New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 14:14:16
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 15:18:11
@cobber Said
In Australia, employers are now being encouraged to import workers from destitute nations, sack locals and give jobs to them at a lower rate...if they sack them they get deported no questions asked.

The poor aussie is left with no job and no right of appeal.

Time to revolt!
So sack the Australian and hire the immigrant at cheap labour costs, and then when you are done with the imigrant, deport them? that sounds pretty s*** for everyone involved apart from the employer
innit!

#9New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 15:21:10
Ive been thinking of moving to where these people are coming from... pick one which isnt war torn, and the ? is strong against.. go there start a bussiness and make a f*** load of mone exporting s*** to the UK.. oh wait... aint NIKE doing that??
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs