Sports

Football (soccer) or rugby.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
jamesmcg On March 24, 2006

Newton Stewart, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:22:46
in my opinion football is better but i like rugby, football is better 2 watch!!!!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:24:36
Rugby is a far more exciting game and it's not spolit by big wooshes falling down faking injury all the time, giving back chat to the referee or taking a huffy fit when they don't win.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#3New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:26:53
Couldn't care less.

But being from a soccer nation, I guess I have to. Football is much more about technique than just raw strength. You might as well compare weightlifting to figure skating.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:29:11
@bendover Said
Rugby is a far more exciting game and it's not spolit by big wooshes falling down faking injury all the time, giving back chat to the referee or taking a huffy fit when they don't win.

i agree my celtic commrade... theres some thing about football that really pisses me off...
innit!

#5New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:29:11
@bendover Said

i agree my celtic commrade... theres some thing about football that really pisses me off...
innit!

#6New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:29:11
@bendover Said

Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#7New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:30:17
There's something about triple posting that really pisses ME off...
innit!

#8New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:39:11
@erlend Said
There's something about triple posting that really pisses ME off...

im so sorry mate, i dont normally do that... my apologise..
smurf On February 28, 2007

ayr, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:39:37
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#10New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:40:08
@markfox01 Said
im so sorry mate, i dont normally do that... my apologise..

No problem, I do it all the time.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#11New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:40:26
@smurf Said
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Are you singing that Crash Test Dummies song?
frozen On December 15, 2009

Manchester, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:40:36
Footballers are far too over paid for what they actually do, if you concidder the amount of physical contact and the fact that Rugby players are putting their bodies on the line for 80 minutes. Plus they don'tmoan about playing on a friday then again on the monday!

Most footballers get more each week than a lot of rugby players make in a year!!

Unless a football game is end to end action for 90mins, it nowhere near compares to the action of a good game of Rugby League.

Like someone above said, rugby is a real game, none of this rolling around on the floor asif you've been shot if someone even looks at you!! Something has to be done about all the diving in the proffesional game ATM, it's becoming a joke! As far as i'm concerned it cheating! And it's turning games into a farce!

The games are supported differently too. There are so called football fans who go to watch matches just to fight with idiots from other teams?!?! I mean WTF is that about

There's none, well very little, of this at rugby matches! Fans from both teams can stand/sit together without any serious issues. obviously there's going to be some banter between rival fans but that's part of the fun. Take Cardiff for example; During the FA Cup Final the city is near enough divided into two, one half for one set of fans and the other for the other set... This doesn't happen at The Challenge Cup Final for rugby. There can be fans from ever team in the league drinking in a pub all day an there's be no fighting...

Well that's me for now haha!!
smurf On February 28, 2007

ayr, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:42:26
i dont no???? am i????
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#14New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:43:08
@frozen Said
Footballers are far too over paid for what they actually do, if you concidder the amount of physical contact and the fact that Rugby players are putting their bodies on the line for 80 minutes. Plus they don'tmoan about playing on a friday then again on the monday!

Footballers make that kind of money because football is so much more popular than rugby. Would actors make millions a week if people didn't go to see their movies?

Quote:
The games are supported differently too. There are so called football fans who go to watch matches just to fight with idiots from other teams?!?! I mean WTF is that about

If rugby was as popular as football, you'd probably have at least as much fighting at rugby games.
innit!

#15New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 12:49:56
@frozen Said

Most footballers get more each week than a lot of rugby players make in a year!!

Unless a football game is end to end action for 90mins, it nowhere near compares to the action of a good game of Rugby League.

Like someone above said, rugby is a real game, none of this rolling around on the floor asif you've been shot if someone even looks at you!! Something has to be done about all the diving in the proffesional game ATM, it's becoming a joke! As far as i'm concerned it cheating! And it's turning games into a farce!

There's none, well very little, of this at rugby matches! Fans from both teams can stand/sit together without any serious issues. obviously there's going to be some banter between rival fans but that's part of the fun. Take Cardiff for example; During the FA Cup Final the city is near enough divided into two, one half for one set of fans and the other for the other set... This doesn't happen at The Challenge Cup Final for rugby. There can be fans from ever team in the league drinking in a pub all day an there's be no fighting...

Well that's me for now haha!!

two weeks ago i was out on the piss in cardiff. wales had a game the next day against scotland.. there was thousands of scotish fans out on the piss... and i can tell you some thing it was brilliant, same when the irish come and the english... it brings people together that have the same passion, not drive a wedge saying some ones better than another, only football fans do that. a true rugby player or fan i feel respects other teams..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs