AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 18:31:56
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31750397

Women's Hour

Something that most men deny happens at all is now being forced onto the footballing agenda, and not before time.

In a sport where, on the 122 strong FA Committee, there are only 6 female members, the failure of either the FA or the clubs to tackle the issue of sexual abuse of females in football is the game's shame.

No fan or club has ever been brought to book for offensive chanting in grounds. Indeed, both Manchester clubs, City and United denied that it had even happened in their stadiums until women's groups put together a video which showed it clearly happening at both Old Trafford and the Etihad Stadium in Premier League matches and passed it to the BBC. Both clubs have both now released press statements saying that they will "take action". Time will tell, but don't hold your breath.

In my opinion this issue must be forced onto the sporting agenda in Britain and clubs should face prosecution if they fail in their duty of care to women to work safely and free of abuse in their workplace. Such women as match officials, physios, other medical staff and stewards are the ones who most often come in for abuse but female fans also suffer abuse and we must increase the number of complaints to the stewards and even the police and MAKE the clubs take action.

This is NOT "a bit of banter". It isn't "harmless fun" and it most certainly isn't "a laugh". Football stadiums aren't men only playgrounds any more and the male culture of sexual abuse is not acceptable.

Football must put its own house in order and if it won't do it voluntarily, it will have to be made to.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 18:59:17
Im willing to bet you that men get more abuse at football matches then women, e.g. players, opposition fans, linesmen, referee, so any, if not all abuse is aimed exclusively at men, not women.

Nothing seems to be done regarding tackling this abuse towards men, I wondered what your opinion on this is?

Maybe the powers that be could act to stop the majority of abuse aimed at men and the minority towards women at football.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#3New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:04:40
@Commander4th Said

Im willing to bet you that men get more abuse at football matches then women, e.g. players, opposition fans, linesmen, referee.

Nothing seems to be done regarding tackling this abuse towards men, I wondered what your opinion on this is?

Maybe the powers that be could act to stop the abuse of both men and women at football.

True. When men were killing each other on the terraces where were the social justice warriors then?

Men just shut the f**k up and get on with life instead of complaining. When I wasa kod and got beayen up for wearing a Sheff Wed tshirt I accepted that was life.

Seripusly a bit of banter. Get over it.

A mans world aint nice as im sure you will agree. But you have to man up and deal with it.

Clearly not whats happening here. Yet women want the same level of respect as men. There is no over all respect. Your earn respect it aint given.

Banned

#4New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:08:10
@Jennifer1984 Said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31750397

Women's Hour

Something that most men deny happens at all is now being forced onto the footballing agenda, and not before time.

In a sport where, on the 122 strong FA Committee, there are only 6 female members, the failure of either the FA or the clubs to tackle the issue of sexual abuse of females in football is the game's shame.

No fan or club has ever been brought to book for offensive chanting in grounds. Indeed, both Manchester clubs, City and United denied that it had even happened in their stadiums until women's groups put together a video which showed it clearly happening at both Old Trafford and the Etihad Stadium in Premier League matches and passed it to the BBC. Both clubs have both now released press statements saying that they will "take action". Time will tell, but don't hold your breath.

In my opinion this issue must be forced onto the sporting agenda in Britain and clubs should face prosecution if they fail in their duty of care to women to work safely and free of abuse in their workplace. Such women as match officials, physios, other medical staff and stewards are the ones who most often come in for abuse but female fans also suffer abuse and we must increase the number of complaints to the stewards and even the police and MAKE the clubs take action.

This is NOT "a bit of banter". It isn't "harmless fun" and it most certainly isn't "a laugh". Football stadiums aren't men only playgrounds any more and the male culture of sexual abuse is not acceptable.

Football must put its own house in order and if it won't do it voluntarily, it will have to be made to.

Turn round to the man in question and kick him in the balls (no pun) intendended TWICE.

That will make it stop.

But make sure they are giving abuse and its not just because its a man.

And if you listen to men talking they generally abuse each other anyway. Theres no sunshine and rainbows.

O)r watch Rugby and avoid all the bull crap, thats what I do. Ive got better things to do than get into fights over football teams. Really not worth it.

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:19:37
@Hypnotica Said

True. When men were killing each other on the terraces where were the social justice warriors then?

Men just shut the f**k up and get on with life instead of complaining. When I wasa kod and got beayen up for wearing a Sheff Wed tshirt I accepted that was life.

A mans world aint nice as im sure you will agree. But you have to man up and deal with it.

Clearly not whats happening here. Yet women want the same level of respect as men. There is no over all respect. Your earn respect it aint given.

Its kinda like when a bunch of women get together for a cup of tea or coffee, then gossip and b**** about men behind their backs, but do you hear us complaining?

Both genders do it, but it doesn't mean we love them any less.

Banned

#6New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:25:40
@Commander4th Said

Its kinda like when a bunch of women get together for a cup of tea or coffee, then gossip and b**** about men behind their backs, but do you hear us complaining?

Both genders do it, but it doesn't mean we love them any less.

To be totally honest, I cant disagree with a lot that Jennifer says about men. Personally I prefer being around feminine energy than around a bunch of testosterone fuelled guys on a "lads night out".

And most the guys I know fall into the same category as me.

I just see the funny side when it comes to Homosexuality. Men complain about what the feminists say. Saying it is unfair and blah blah blah. Yet when it comes to homosexuality and we tae the place of the women (the sex that other men are attracted to), men react just as badly as women do. But obviously that bad. Yet when women show that reaction, its progressive feminism. So much for equality.

"Im a feminist I can freak out over men who 'may' want to f**k me, but your a man your not allowed"

Sounds like female entitlement to me.

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:30:48
@Hypnotica Said

To be totally honest, I cant disagree with a lot that Jennifer says about men. Personally I prefer being around feminine energy than around a bunch of testosterone fuelled guys on a "lads night out".

I just see the funny side when it comes to Homosexuality. Men complain about what the feminists say. Saying it is unfair and blah blah blah. Yet when it comes to homosexuality and we tae the place of the women (the sex that other men are attracted to), men react just as badly as women do. But obviously that bad. Yet when women show that reaction, its progressive feminism. So much for equality.

"Im a feminist I can freak out over men who 'may' want to f**k me, but your a man your not allowed"

Sounds like female entitlement to me.

True.

Banned

#8New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 19:41:40
@Commander4th Said

True.

For the record, Im not talking about violence and abusive behaviour. Lets leave that to the feminists and the testosterone fuelled men who follow in their footsteps.

A prime example today would be the tattoo covered girls stood outside HMV. When a beutiful attractive women walked past (trust me she was hot). They just started shouting, you "posh b*tch" and other sorts of insults. No one did anything, I wanted to intervene, but I am a man so if I said anything to these women they could just shout "rape" or whatever. So I had to let this woman get abused and it was not nice. Yet if it was men doing it, there would be uproar. Funnily, two of the girls had the "This is what a feminist looks like" T-Shirt on. Wierd that, eh.

This was why when I was younger I loved the rave scene. Sure ecstacy was "bad" and "not nice". But what it did mean was that everyone just left their ego's at the door and just felt loved up.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 21:51:32
@Hypnotica Said

One of the most dangerous, volatile animals in the world is a guy who went out to get laid and it's 2 am and he didn't get laid.

Banned

#10New Post! Mar 05, 2015 @ 23:43:57
@Eaglebauer Said

One of the most dangerous, volatile animals in the world is a guy who went out to get laid and it's 2 am and he didn't get laid.

I will tell you a funny story about that later. Why you shouldnt think with your little man. But right now im in a bar.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 06, 2015 @ 04:59:15
@Commander4th Said

Im willing to bet you that men get more abuse at football matches then women, e.g. players, opposition fans, linesmen, referee, so any, if not all abuse is aimed exclusively at men, not women.

Maybe the powers that be could act to stop the majority of abuse aimed at men and the minority towards women at football.

My opinion is that all abuse is wrong, but it should be pointed out that the abuse aimed at the men is perpetrated by other men. Millwall supporters hate West Ham supporters. All supporters hate referees. They hurl abuse, and quite often, missiles, at each other. that is men doing inappropriate things to men. That's up to men to sort things out.

But this issue is about gender abuse. Women attend football matches to watch football and should be allowed to do so without having the sort of behaviour and language hurled at them that is so commonplace.

Please don't try to turn this discussion into a male issue. It isn't. It's a female issue. Let's try to keep it that way.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 06, 2015 @ 05:05:24
@Hypnotica Said

Rubbish. When Liverpool supporters ran riot at the Heysel Stadium in Belgium and dozens of Italian fans were killed, it was taken very seriously. English clubs were banned from European competition for six years. I don't call that "Doing Nothing."

98 Liverpool fans died at Hillsborough in 1989. The enquiries and investigations into that are still going on today. Liverpool fans are still seeking justice and rightly so. I don't call that doing nothing.

Glasgow Rangers completely rebuilt their stadium, almost from scratch as a result of the 1970 tragedy which became known as the Ibrox Disaster that saw dozens of fans die. I don't call that doing nothing.

You're wrong on every level and it is your "man up and get over it" response that is the sort of attitude at the very heart of what is sick and rotten in the game.

I've cut and pasted your post and attached it to several women's forums so that other women can see what we're up against. All you've done is steel the determination of a lot of people to carry this on.

Banned

#13New Post! Mar 06, 2015 @ 11:35:34
@Jennifer1984 Said

Rubbish. When Liverpool supporters ran riot at the Heysel Stadium in Belgium and dozens of Italian fans were killed, it was taken very seriously. English clubs were banned from European competition for six years. I don't call that "Doing Nothing."

98 Liverpool fans died at Hillsborough in 1989. The enquiries and investigations into that are still going on today. Liverpool fans are still seeking justice and rightly so. I don't call that doing nothing.

Glasgow Rangers completely rebuilt their stadium, almost from scratch as a result of the 1970 tragedy which became known as the Ibrox Disaster that saw dozens of fans die. I don't call that doing nothing.

You're wrong on every level and it is your "man up and get over it" response that is the sort of attitude at the very heart of what is sick and rotten in the game.

I've cut and pasted your post and attached it to several women's forums so that other women can see what we're up against. All you've done is steel the determination of a lot of people to carry this on.

That is my personal view so your not up against it as you say. I l;ike the way you turn it into men against women on your "WOMENS" forums.

I should of rephrased it. I should of said "I man uo and get over it". Thats my view. I dont know anybody elses and its not my business. But thats how I act. Am I not allowed to have my own view, does it have to be your view.

And again, what does it actually mean, am I going to go "up against" women, like you do with men. No it just means I avoid I generally dont goto sport bars when there is a game on. Why would want to?

Anyway you get back to going up against men.

Im flattered that you have posted my words on other forums. It means I have made an impact on you. Thank you.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#14New Post! Mar 06, 2015 @ 11:53:09
@Jennifer1984 Said

I would like to know why these 2 DISASTERS have any relevance to anything mentioned in this thread?

Banned

#15New Post! Mar 06, 2015 @ 14:25:59
@Hitting40 Said

I would like to know why these 2 DISASTERS have any relevance to anything mentioned in this thread?

Yeah I thought they were "Diasasters" myself not forms of gender abuse.

Still I guess as NLP teaches, the Map is not the territory, I guess everything to the OP where the sexes are involved is a form of gender abuse.

Each to their own though. If she enjoys living in that world, I wish her happiness and fortune.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs