Religion & Philosophy

Flying Spaghetti Monster Rejectionists!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:24:48
I love the guy who made this video and he has a very good point, as always. 8) Plus I love the clip in the middle.

[yt]<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w0zSCpsOSSw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w0zSCpsOSSw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>[/yt]
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:28:09
Saw this yesterday i think.
Thunderfoot is certainly a great mind,
he makes a fantastic point here that i fully support.
kudos.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:33:00
@alexkidd Said

Saw this yesterday i think.
Thunderfoot is certainly a great mind,
he makes a fantastic point here that i fully support.
kudos.

Yeah Thunderf00t's awesome. He's not scared of anything or anyone either, or at least he doesn't show it if he is. I always say to people if they ask that I'm an atheist agnostic, but I never thought before that I was just describing what I don't believe in to people.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:48:08
@crazychica Said

Yeah Thunder F00t awesome. He's not scared of anything or anyone either, or at least he doesn't show it if he is. I always say to people if they ask that I'm an atheist agnostic, but I never thought before that I was just describing what I don't believe in to people.

I had a similar realization watching this.
I don't think i'll be using the term athiest to describe myself,even though it is indeed a true statement, it doesn't define what i am or what i believe in.
pretty inspiring stuff.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:51:10
@alexkidd Said

I had a similar realization watching this.
I don't think i'll be using the term athiest to describe myself,even though it is indeed a true statement, it doesn't define what i am or what i believe in.
pretty inspiring stuff.

Yeah. Maybe one day we'll put this aside altogether. Calling each other Christian, Jew etc just leads to people stereotyping, thinking that they can know what someone is like by what religion they go by.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:53:01
I guess i'm a 'scientific naturalist' or something in the mean time.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:55:05
@alexkidd Said

I guess i'm a 'scientific naturalist' or something in the mean time.

Yeah Or a "rational empiricist"
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#8New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 22:57:29
@crazychica Said

Yeah Or a "rational empiricist"

or "sane"
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 23:01:09
@alexkidd Said

or "sane"

That covers too much stuff though.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#10New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 23:08:58

Don't know if you've heard of him yourself bit...
I recently stumbled upon this youtuber who has some very interesting videos covering the same kind of stuff.
wonderfully designed videos too,
hes a graphic designer i believe and his statements are quite powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/user/QualiaSoup
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 23:10:16
@alexkidd Said

Don't know if you've heard of him yourself bit...
I recently stumbled upon this youtuber who has some very interesting videos covering the same kind of stuff.
wonderfully designed videos too,
hes a graphic designer i believe and his statements are quite powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/user/QualiaSoup

AWesome. Thanks. I'll check it out sometime tomorrow (I hope)
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#12New Post! Mar 07, 2009 @ 23:25:50
I'm not sure that I agree with this. You can have knowledge and still believe in God. I love astronomy, physics, learning about our universe, I find it all fascinating and yet I'm a Christian.

That clip of the guy holding the Bible is off a bit. The Bible is not God' word. He did not write it.

as for P.E.A.R.L

I have faith that God exists. It doesn't require proof of any kind, that's why it's faith.

I will not deny that most wars are caused over religion, however not every religious person fights for what they believe in in a violent way. It's the extremists that cause the most warfare.

If you're Atheist, Muslim, Jewish; I don't care. As long as you are respectful you will be respected.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 21:38:55
@Kristy69 Said

I'm not sure that I agree with this. You can have knowledge and still believe in God. I love astronomy, physics, learning about our universe, I find it all fascinating and yet I'm a Christian.

That clip of the guy holding the Bible is off a bit. The Bible is not God' word. He did not write it.

as for P.E.A.R.L

I have faith that God exists. It doesn't require proof of any kind, that's why it's faith.

I will not deny that most wars are caused over religion, however not every religious person fights for what they believe in in a violent way. It's the extremists that cause the most warfare.

If you're Atheist, Muslim, Jewish; I don't care. As long as you are respectful you will be respected.

If only that were true babe. Fundamentalists tend not to be as open-minded to this as you, and that's really who Thunderf00t refers to. There are people out there who do believe that the Bible is the literal truth and word of God and who not only don't believe in many scientific concepts themselves, but would like to spread their ignorance and go around trying to convince people to listen to them over science. It's not just Christians who do this though, but, regardless of religion, many of these fundamentalists have little or no respect for anyone of other religions. I don't care what religion someone is as long as they're not trying to push it on me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs