Forums:
Relationships

Flirting puzzles me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#2New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 03:28:35
the whole flirting thing going on at your workplace... yes, i would say some type of need is not being met at their home from their mate.

i mean i like to flirt (with the right person), but i don't rub up against that person. infact, there is someone at my workplace whom i flirt with for the last month. but i did let it be know way upfront that i was NOT looking for anything (sexually or relationship). he's dating around; and, i am single - not dating. i will admit also that i am starting to rethink the flirting w/ him cuz we do work at the same place. i don't want any of the awkwardness if i choose to stop flirting cuz life for me gets busy... and i don't want to bruise his ego thinking that i find him non-appealing. eehhh.. i'll prolly just tell him i just want to be friends and leave it at that.
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#4New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 06:05:20
i don't think its about freedom... its usually a lack of something w/their relationship, and no one wants to talk about it or remedy it.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#5New Post! Aug 28, 2007 @ 01:50:48
I think it all comes down to boredom with the relationship they are in and the flirting is a form of refuge from that boredom. I guess if maybe their partner at home is not giving them the ego boost or whatever then they just get it from someone else. I think I'd be afraid of it going to far myself but who knows , it is the human in us that makes us want things we can't have.
an1m34l1f3 On August 26, 2010

Burlington,
#6New Post! Sep 02, 2007 @ 19:01:10
Flirting confuses me... I don't really get why someone that is going out with someone else will play around, flirt, or do little things to sort of "lead" you on. I mean, with this one girl that I've liked for a while and she once told me she had strong feelings for me; she does little things like play with my hair, put her hands on my shoulders; just like little things that would say, "I'm interested in you.", but she has a boyfriend that she's been with for a while now.

If a girl likes a guy, why can't she just come out and say she likes him? It would make my situation a hell of a lot easier than wondering if I'll ever have a chance with her again or if she still feels the same way about me that I do her... I'm just confused and lost by this whole scene...If only we were all psychic and knew what the other person was thinking all the time. Things would be soooo much easier
starry On November 17, 2010

Deleted

, Hawaii
#7New Post! Sep 02, 2007 @ 19:12:21
@wildchild Said
I think it all comes down to boredom with the relationship they are in and the flirting is a form of refuge from that boredom. I guess if maybe their partner at home is not giving them the ego boost or whatever then they just get it from someone else. I think I'd be afraid of it going to far myself but who knows , it is the human in us that makes us want things we can't have.

I believe your right wildchild.. and I believe people considerate flirting a form of SAFE sex . It is an ego boost for each, maybe a low self-esteem issue, or maybe cause if they were confident in themselves and really in love with another at home.. well, then no need for all out flirtations.. We have learned from fraud..that male and females communicate by signs ... and this is a sign of Want.. NOT need.. a question only that person can digest and interpret..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs