The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Music

Fleetwood Mac

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#1New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 03:45:01
Just saw that Fleetwood Mac have fired Lindsey Buckingham. I heard it a few weeks ago that they were going to tour for one more time before calling it quits & now they fire Lindsey. He is to be "replaced by Mike Campbell (of Tom Petty) & Neil Finn (of Crowded House). Can't see the tickets selling well now no Lindsey no Fleetwood Mac!!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 11:46:30
So they told him "You can go your own way"

cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 15:16:18
I read that it was his decision? There was talk last year that Christine McVie wasn't going to do this tour, then she was in. Probably all to do with money. Isn't it usually?

I'd love to see them once, not a massive fan but they are one of those bands that i'd like to see. The Eagles were another but at over £100 a ticket I realised I didn't want to see them that badly :D

#4New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 16:31:53
I was hoping to see them again on this final tour but not if Lindsey was not going to be part of it. Saw them a few years ago they put on a great show Christine was not there either, the tickets were something like $300, oh well looks like I will be saving some money!!

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 16:46:23
@Komentenmelodie Said
oh well

Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.

#6New Post! Apr 10, 2018 @ 17:29:13
How nice of you!!
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 11, 2018 @ 18:22:41
I used to be a fan of Fleetwood mac.. but a few years ago I saw a documentary about them and my reaction was 'what a bunch of self obsessed a**eholes!' .. I've watched the same documentary 2 more times but I still come up with the same feeling .. they were ghastly people . unfortunately it has spoiled the music for me a bit.such a bloody shame.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 12, 2018 @ 18:16:36
@offbeat Said

I used to be a fan of Fleetwood mac.. but a few years ago I saw a documentary about them and my reaction was 'what a bunch of self obsessed a**eholes!' .. I've watched the same documentary 2 more times but I still come up with the same feeling .. they were ghastly people . unfortunately it has spoiled the music for me a bit.such a bloody shame.
This is why I don't watch documentaries about people I like, no doubt they will turn out to be terrible human beings with no endearing qualities and that will put me right off them.

I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan and one of life's small regrets is never getting the opportunity to see them live (as a group collectively) of course that will never be realised given that Rick Wright is dead. I've read a couple of books about them from differing angles over the years and seen a couple of mini documentaries not so much about them but more accompanying an album, a kinda "how it was made" and I have to say i could see myself going off Roger Waters. He just seemed such an egotistical person.

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Apr 12, 2018 @ 18:28:20
@cole Said

This is why I don't watch documentaries about people I like, no doubt they will turn out to be terrible human beings with no endearing qualities and that will put me right off them.

I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan and one of life's small regrets is never getting the opportunity to see them live (as a group collectively) of course that will never be realised given that Rick Wright is dead. I've read a couple of books about them from differing angles over the years and seen a couple of mini documentaries not so much about them but more accompanying an album, a kinda "how it was made" and I have to say i could see myself going off Roger Waters. He just seemed such an egotistical person.

Re: Waters - yes, I've heard that too. I think it was Clapton who said working with him on Pro's and Con's was a bear and he'd never do it again ... or something like that...

I worked with a guy that did sound engineering for one of the Waters tours, said he was an ass.

I've seen Floyd a few times - post Wall, Waters nearly every tour (The Wall was incredible) and Gilmour (first two solo tours in 80's)

#10New Post! Apr 12, 2018 @ 19:02:59
I have met some big stars in my life & I must say that the persona that they project towards the media etc can be very different from how they really are so none of this surprises me very much. Needless to say I try not to let it interfere with my enjoyment. That being said it remains to be seen how his departure from the band will affect ticket sales etc. As it was supposed to be there last tour to me I hardly seems fitting that a key member of the band will not be there. I find it interesting also that it takes 2 to replace him!! Its a real shame that they could not put there differences behind them for this final tour, its hardly going out on a "high" note!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs