Random

Flag Pole Owners

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#1New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:14:30
I am looking for some input from those that own or are familiar with Residential Flag Poles. I have looked a quite a few websites at several different styles. I am in the market for one for my front yard, in the country. I have 3'X 5' flags that I wish to fly. I believe that all I need is a 15'-18' pole. There are tapered, non-tapered, telescoping, aluminum... I am wanting to fly 2 flags at once (U.S. and Texas).

So, any input prior to my purchase would be greatly appreciated.

(Thanks for reading this post.)
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#2New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:31:21
@rockyhps Said
I am looking for some input from those that own or are familiar with Residential Flag Poles. I have looked a quite a few websites at several different styles. I am in the market for one for my front yard, in the country. I have 3'X 5' flags that I wish to fly. I believe that all I need is a 15'-18' pole. There are tapered, non-tapered, telescoping, aluminum... I am wanting to fly 2 flags at once (U.S. and Texas).

I think you need planning permision (you have to have it in the UK)(the only advice I can give)

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#3New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:37:07
@lord_dj Said
I think you need planning permision (you have to have it in the UK)(the only advice I can give)

Well, not where I live...in the county, outside the city. But thanks for the heads up.

I appreciate those that gave this post a look.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#4New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:40:02
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#5New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:40:13
@rockyhps Said

I have an 18' for my 3x5 flags I have found that aluminum poles have a habit of bending in a high wind do not recommend them...

one thing to remember is if you leave your flags out over night you must have a light on them.....just something to remember...

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#6New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:45:41
Thanks, yes, I am quite familiar with Flag Etiquette. And I do not go for any disrespecting of the Flags. I appreciate your concern.

I know wind is an issue with 2 flags on the same pole, just wasn't sure about the available products. I guess it is best to invest in a better pole versus saving money.

Tucson, Arizona
#7New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:36:06
@rockyhps Said
Thanks, yes, I am quite familiar with Flag Etiquette. And I do not go for any disrespecting of the Flags. I appreciate your concern.

I know wind is an issue with 2 flags on the same pole, just wasn't sure about the available products. I guess it is best to invest in a better pole versus saving money.

unfortunately there are a few out there that don't....
I just mentioned it because it might be a consideration for your pole IE: buy one with a light or without one...

after losing 2 poles to the wind I bought the more expensive one and it has been up for 8 years now..

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#8New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 18:04:13
@bobbimay Said
unfortunately there are a few out there that don't....
I just mentioned it because it might be a consideration for your pole IE: buy one with a light or without one...

after losing 2 poles to the wind I bought the more expensive one and it has been up for 8 years now..

What kind of pole did you end up purchasing that has lasted for you? All I have seen are Aluminum poles offered unless you upgrade to a commercial steel pole.

Tucson, Arizona
#9New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 18:49:00
galvanized steel was what we bought....but my father has a wooden pole up in his house on Padre Island in south Texas
which held up to Dolly last week.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs