Fist fights

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:29:37
I have been in a number of verbal confrontations in the past few months. Mostly with strangers on the street about random things. All of them could have ended quite plesantly with a fist fight.

I'm not talking about permanent damage to either combatant just enuff make sure that both people "left it in the street" so to speak. Its healthy and I think the world would be a better and a more honorable place.

What happened to fist fights? Where did they go? When did they turn into "O you punched me in the face, I'm going to sue you for assault!" Which is total chicken s***.

Do you think the world would be better with them ?

Have you gotten into one recently if so what was the outcome?

I'll tell you my quick story.

I parked my motorcycle in the same parking place as a POS VW bug. The guy could easily get out of the parking place with a little manuvering, it is a vw bug afterall. I was in the store for all of 5 mins and the guy was leaving the same time I was.

He says to me like a smart ass. "I'm glad you came out when you did, I don't know if I could gotten out without hitting your bike"
So I said to him. "well I'm leaving this very second so its better for both of us that I did".

The guy couldn't leave it alone, so while I'm putting on my helmet he gives me a lecture about how I feel I'm entitled to park there. Its a gd parking place for FFS, not your families honor!. He then puts his VW bug in neutral and rolls forward inches from my motorcycle, and says "See!" I said to him "lucky you hit the break you almost ended up with a broken nose"... more words where exchanged ... but nothing ever came to blows.

Don't you think if we had a honest to good ness fist fight right there on the street, both of our lifes would have more meaning? He would have gotten out all his anger about me infringing on his parking spot and I would have gotten break his nose.

No charges filled, both personal honors upheald... and maybe next time, i would think twice about sharing a parking place and this guy would think twice about mouthing off to someone much bigger than him shareing a parking place.

It all seems simple to me.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:40:42
@doubtingthomas Said

I have been in a number of verbal confrontations in the past few months. Mostly with strangers on the street about random things. All of them could have ended quite plesantly with a fist fight.

I'm not talking about permanent damage to either combatant just enuff make sure that both people "left it in the street" so to speak. Its healthy and I think the world would be a better and a more honorable place.

What happened to fist fights? Where did they go? When did they turn into "O you punched me in the face, I'm going to sue you for assault!" Which is total chicken s***.

Do you think the world would be better with them ?

Have you gotten into one recently if so what was the outcome?

I'll tell you my quick story.

I parked my motorcycle in the same parking place as a POS VW bug. The guy could easily get out of the parking place with a little manuvering, it is a vw bug afterall. I was in the store for all of 5 mins and the guy was leaving the same time I was.

He says to me like a smart ass. "I'm glad you came out when you did, I don't know if I could gotten out without hitting your bike"
So I said to him. "well I'm leaving this very second so its better for both of us that I did".

The guy couldn't leave it alone, so while I'm putting on my helmet he gives me a lecture about how I feel I'm entitled to park there. Its a gd parking place for FFS, not your families honor!. He then puts his VW bug in neutral and rolls forward inches from my motorcycle, and says "See!" I said to him "lucky you hit the break you almost ended up with a broken nose"... more words where exchanged ... but nothing ever came to blows.

Don't you think if we had a honest to good ness fist fight right there on the street, both of our lifes would have more meaning? He would have gotten out all his anger about me infringing on his parking spot and I would have gotten break his nose.

No charges filled, both personal honors upheald... and maybe next time, i would think twice about sharing a parking place and this guy would think twice about mouthing off to someone much bigger than him shareing a parking place.

It all seems simple to me.

i agree with part of this.

if you had to have it out with someone about something, it might make people not get soooooo pissed off about the 'little' things.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#3New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:43:49
I've never advocated violence as a means to solve anything, but I've retorted to it when my family was involved in some way. Like, when my brother threatened to slap my mother and called her a c*nt. I almost killed him. I would have to, if they hadn't of pulled me off of him .

Anyway, other than that, I've not fought at all. There is much more honor in shutting your mouth and walking away imo. Unless they threaten to hurt your mama.... then, kill them!
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#4New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:49:24
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I've never advocated violence as a means to solve anything, but I've retorted to it when my family was involved in some way. Like, when my brother threatened to slap my mother and called her a c*nt. I almost killed him. I would have to, if they hadn't of pulled me off of him .

Anyway, other than that, I've not fought at all. There is much more honor in shutting your mouth and walking away imo. Unless they threaten to hurt your mama.... then, kill them!

Thats just it, everyone has thier own breaking point. The human body heals for the most part, it doesn't last forever.

And honestly having been punched in the face a few times, its really not as bad as you think. Not alot of people know this. Everyone is so deathly afraid of violence. They say things like "it could escalate" bla bla.. most of the time it simply doesn't.

I think casy you should have the right to beat your brothers a** or suduce a bigger man into beating your brothers a** for you. Frankly I havn't meet the guy but I have never called my mom a c*** and I kinda want to beat his a** for you.

See... we all should have the ability to inflict trivial pain and violence on each other just for violations of character.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#5New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:59:22
I like the way you think. I'll throw a punch at the drop of a hat. I think it's the perfect method of resolving stupid conflicts between strangers, and it also makes me feel good, whether I win or lose. There's something primal about it, and it gets your endorphins flowing.

I've actually ended up being friends with people that I've had a good old fashioned smack down with.. after the fact.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 21:59:22
Oh, no, don't get me wrong getting decked in the face hurts much less than many of the stupid things people have said to me

I totally agree with the lack of actual damage it does. I'd just rather shut up and walk away.

The fist fight that I caused the most influence with was one that I never threw a punch in. I had slept with a girl's bf, and although he told me they were not together, I suspected he was lying, so I felt that I deserved the beat down. I took it as any proud woman should and let her blacken my eye not once hitting her back, because she had not wronged me one bit.

The girl now fears me to her very core, although I don't think ill of her at all, and has apologized, and I'm still pretty good friends with at least one of her closest friends. No bad blood anymore.

Actually, yeah, that did solve a lot of things.

BTW.... you ever feel the itch to come out this way and rip my brother a new one, feel free! Lord knows he could use it. He's a chicken s*** to fight though, cause he'll escalate it to violence and then cry "I'm calling the cops I'm calling the cops" when you start whopping on his ass.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:18:29
Why get pissed over some idiot being an a** to you in the parking lot anyway? Seems pretty trivial. I'd just rather walk away and forget about it than engage in some kind of physical fight.

No, I've never gotten into a fist fight over some conflict, serious or not. Have I felt like hitting someone? Sure. But doing so shows poor self control, imo.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:20:31
@annski729 Said

Why get pissed over some idiot being an a** to you in the parking lot anyway? Seems pretty trivial. I'd just rather walk away and forget about it than engage in some kind of physical fight.

No, I've never gotten into a fist fight over some conflict, serious or not. Have I felt like hitting someone? Sure. But doing so shows poor self control, imo.

Hey!
You talkin to me?
You talkin to me?

annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#9New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:21:35
@boxerdc Said

Hey!
You talkin to me?
You talkin to me?

Not directly, no
magnifiSHIT On September 14, 2009

Deleted

Slaughter Avenue,
#10New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:22:21
People grew more sophisticated, and stopped being animals about things.

People learned how to use words instead of violence.

People learned not to care what other people think.

People learned to walk away and not give a f*** about the idiots who make fun or taunt them.

People grew up.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#11New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:22:53
@boxerdc Said

Hey!
You talkin to me?
You talkin to me?

You wanna talk about sensible violence? I'm surprised it took Travis that long to snap and bust everyone up!
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#12New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:24:52
@squirt_aka_casey Said

BTW.... you ever feel the itch to come out this way and rip my brother a new one, feel free! Lord knows he could use it. He's a chicken s*** to fight though, cause he'll escalate it to violence and then cry "I'm calling the cops I'm calling the cops" when you start whopping on his ass.

Thats when you take their cellphone and smash it so you have a bit of time to leave the scene...I hate getting in fights with people like that...You are the one that provoked me, take your a** whoopin like a man and go about your day.
lisajones On December 31, 2009

Woodbridge, Virginia
#13New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:27:17
Ah, but the world has changed hasn't it? We're civilized now and talk our way out of problems. No more duels, gunfights at the OK Corral, or fist fights to uphold honor and family's good name.

A simple fist fight might solve a quick problem, but these days people are unstable. What starts as a fist fight ends as a stabbing or someone being shot a week later.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:28:45
I don't like fist fights- I'm a lover, not a fighter!

Plus I'm only ickle, I'd crumble like a digestive.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#15New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 22:29:25
@annski729 Said

I'm usually not pissed when fighting...just if someone picks a fight, then why not give them what they want? I live to please.

@boxerdc Said

Hey!
You talkin to me?
You talkin to me?

So what, you wanna fight about it?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs