Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:09:43
Any good ideas for cooking fish. Something a bit different.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:10:34
I love making fish with garlic chilli and corriander????
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:11:38
Live piranha eaten with the fingers?

Put the bowl in the middle of the table and say help yourselves.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:12:13
@Wheezy_Knight Said

Live piranha eaten with the fingers?

Put the bowl in the middle of the table and say help yourselves.

So helpful. Would you like to come to dinner?
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#5New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:12:30
Take your fish and put in foil, with onions, squash, peppers, etc. your favorites. Grill or bake, My hubby always does it so don't know how long till white and flaky, and on low!
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:14:34
@salinaa Said

I love making fish with garlic chilli and corriander????

That sounds fab! they are three of my favourite ingredients and they would go really well with fish. Ta!
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:15:37
@xteddyx Said

Take your fish and put in foil, with onions, squash, peppers, etc. your favorites. Grill or bake, My hubby always does it so don't know how long till white and flaky, and on low!

Sounds lovely and simple,as well. Squash is not something I've tried so a new ingredient as well. Ta!
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:16:57
No probs I twend to mix the chilli, garlic with olive oil and lemin and rub it into lil slices I make in the fish and sprinkle the corriander over it
DeadFreddy On December 15, 2008

Houston, Texas
#9New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:17:37
@xteddyx Said

I do something similiar. Gut your fish and open it up. Inside the open stomach stuff your favorit vegies. I like patatoe wedges, onions, red beats, and lemon slices. Flavor with your favorite seasonin on the out side and in. I prefer lemon pepper. Then wrap tightly in aluminum foil and set inside the grill. Cover will hot coals and forget about it. Later in the day when your super hungry and you remember the fish is their, retrive it. Make sure you remove the coals and you dont just reach in their for it. Even if it looks like the coals are off. I learned that lesson the hard way. Then just cut it open like a baked pattatoe and enjoy. It should be so moist and tender cooked in its own juices you wont need to remove the bones. If you still have bones in yours you didnt forget about it long enough
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#10New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:19:01
@DeadFreddy Said

I do something similiar. Gut your fish and open it up. Inside the open stomach stuff your favorit vegies. I like patatoe wedges, onions, red beats, and lemon slices. Flavor with your favorite seasonin on the out side and in. I prefer lemon pepper. Then wrap tightly in aluminum foil and set inside the grill. Cover will hot coals and forget about it. Later in the day when your super hungry and you remember the fish is their, retrive it. Make sure you remove the coals and you dont just reach in their for it. Even if it looks like the coals are off. I learned that lesson the hard way. Then just cut it open like a baked pattatoe and enjoy. It should be so moist and tender cooked in its own juices you wont need to remove the bones. If you still have bones in yours you didnt forget about it long enough

Awesome!
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:20:12
@DeadFreddy Said

Sounds good. Nothing else necessary. All ingredients inside fish.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:32:40
@DeadFreddy Said

Thats sounds like an idea might give it a try this weekend

boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#13New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:36:29
You guys are making me hungry..........blah im a work and today i have to have a late lunch.....i still have 3 hours........

STL On January 23, 2009

St Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:37:28
Depends on the type of fish, I eat fish twice a week and always try different kinds of fish and different ways to cook them. I cant even count the number of recipes I've tried but simply adding lemon is my favorite, and easiest.

First you have to find what kind of fish you like, or is available, I've tried so many different types and my personal favorites are mahi mahi, red snapper, branzino, tilapia and cod in that order with mahi mahi my favorite. Red snapper is smaller so little harder to cook than mahi mahi but sometimes it does taste better. Also only get fish that have the skin still attached, either fillets or whole fish.

I find the best tasting fish is cooked on the skin in the grill outside. Preheat the grill, put some oil based non stick on the grill then put the fish on skin down. I always follow the rule my fish market told me, 8 minutes of cooking per inch of thickness, and check it a couple minutes before its supposed to be done. You'll know its done when you try to bend it and the fillet breaks (not the skin).

After its done put lemon juice on it, either fresh squeezed or even better is the little containers of natural real lemon juice.

Now the other option which adds another step but is my favorite is to take the fish off the grill a little before its done, put it in the oven at about 350, put aluminum foil on a baking sheet and put the lemon juice on top of the fish and in the aluminum foil and add a lemon wedge ever 2 inches and cook it for about 5 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness, 5 minutes being for red snapper.

You can cook the entire thing in the oven like this as well and it tastes good but I prefer the grill.

The only things I'll put on top besides lemon is I'll make a sort of mix that I thought of myself, I cook spanish rice and put olives and baby spinach leaves in it and put it on top and on the sides of the fish.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:38:32
@boobagins Said

You guys are making me hungry..........blah im a work and today i have to have a late lunch.....i still have 3 hours........

Keep calm. Breath deeply. Soon.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs