First meeting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#46New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:21:20
@sTreetAngeL Said

And yet it irked your wife's parents to no end that you make her happy? That is truly odd of them and very selfish...I agree otherwise with your post.

How may I ask, did they try to kill you?

what can I say. They are selfish people

Her uncle tried to run me over with a truck, tried to throw her out of a moving vehicle, tried to run me off the road. Her grandpa and uncle came hunting for me with rifles, chasing me through town. T'was a riot indeed

the things we do for love

Too bad for them old pickups are no match for mustangs

I've managed to force respect. One with shear intellectual prowess and the other with simple brutality. Its a potent combination
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:24:42
@Tar Said

just be courteous, kind and true to yourself. Whatever happens, I'm sure it won't be worse than the first time I met my wife's family. They LITERALLY tried to kill me

They still hate me

I'm still married to my wife

It just irked them to no end how happy I make her... but then started to win them over... kinda

So be yourself. In the end, the only thing that matters and the only true measure of how good a choice you are for their little boy/girl is how happy you make them. A good parent will want to make sure you take care of their child, and not be concerned about how much you appease them (the parent).

Good points well made. My dad likes him because he makes me so happy, which being such a daddy's girl, my old man was always going to be hard to win over. He gave my las the talk and everything is peachy. He likes him which is important to me. Hope I make as good an impression as he did on my folks. How did your in laws almost kill you and was it intentional?!
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#48New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:25:13
@Tar Said

what can I say. They are selfish people

Her uncle tried to run me over with a truck, tried to throw her out of a moving vehicle, tried to run me off the road. Her grandpa and uncle came hunting for me with rifles, chasing me through town. T'was a riot indeed

the things we do for love

Too bad for them old pickups are no match for mustangs

I've managed to force respect. One with shear intellectual prowess and the other with simple brutality. Its a potent combination

I'm surprised you associate with them at all after that. lol You're a very loving husband indeed to give another chance for the sake of your wife. Right selfless.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#49New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:27:38
@Sparklegirl Said

Good points well made. My dad likes him because he makes me so happy, which being such a daddy's girl, my old man was always going to be hard to win over. He gave my las the talk and everything is peachy. He likes him which is important to me. Hope I make as good an impression as he did on my folks. How did your in laws almost kill you and was it intentional?!

post #46 tells some of the story... and it was very intentional. They REALLY did not like me as my existence is a threat to their ideology, but I don't want to make this a thread about me. I want to wish the OP the best of luck and offer whatever tidbits of wisdom i've gained from my misadventures
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#50New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:30:05
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm surprised you associate with them at all after that. lol You're a very loving husband indeed to give another chance for the sake of your wife. Right selfless.

I don't really. I've always established myself as the guardian of my wife since I am physically more menacing than her as well has very much capable of protecting her. She deals with them occasionally since her grandma is very old and she still wants to see how her baby brother (who is still at home) is doing.

I'm merely the threat that lingers in the shadow preventing any... "indiscretion"... on their part
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 07:10:19
@Tar Said

post #46 tells some of the story... and it was very intentional. They REALLY did not like me as my existence is a threat to their ideology, but I don't want to make this a thread about me. I want to wish the OP the best of luck and offer whatever tidbits of wisdom i've gained from my misadventures

Wow, that is seriously intentional! A SA said, you are definatley the bigger man for still speaking to them. Tomorrow is the day- I am still worried but its a nervous excitement. Actually, I am stressed about the changes on the train I ahve to make
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 09:25:44
@sTreetAngeL Said

Your sig pic is blinking. It didn't do that before did it?

Blinking? Ooh er no! It's supposed to twinkle not blink! Thanks x
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#53New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 11:24:05
@Sparklegirl Said

...Actually, I am stressed about the changes on the train I ahve to make

What is this? Are you travelling alone? Maybe you'd better take your bicycle, just in case you get lost!!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 13:17:30
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

What is this? Are you travelling alone? Maybe you'd better take your bicycle, just in case you get lost!!

Yes I am traveling alone which worries me as it is a long journey! I might take a bike!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#55New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 07:02:56
Well, today is the day. I am just about to set off to the train station and I am nervous but that might mostly be about getting the right trains! OK time to go.... I shall keep all you lovely people updated with the situation
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#56New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 07:06:16
@Sparklegirl Said

Well, today is the day. I am just about to set off to the train station and I am nervous but that might mostly be about getting the right trains! OK time to go.... I shall keep all you lovely people updated with the situation

GOOD LUCK !!!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 07:26:15
@white_swan53 Said

GOOD LUCK !!!

Thanks. Hope I get all my trains sorted ok, I'm such a girl!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#58New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 07:37:35
@Sparklegirl Said

Thanks. Hope I get all my trains sorted ok, I'm such a girl!

I bet your other half likes that your a girl !!
Your going to make all your changes and your going to make his whole family fall in love with you .
Stop worrying .
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#59New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 08:05:21
@white_swan53 Said

I bet your other half likes that your a girl !!
Your going to make all your changes and your going to make his whole family fall in love with you .
Stop worrying .

yes he is quite keen on the fact I'm a girl! I do hope so on both counts. Well, he did so hopefully his family and friends will too
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#60New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 08:06:24
Good luck!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs