Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#16New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:40:25
@Sparklegirl Said

Well I believe it would be safe to say that his bro's girlfriend or his sisters bloke did not break the ice in the same way but I do agree that it is one ice breaker which as you say will not be matched!!

Just promise me one thing CJ? You will think of this conversation when you shake hands?
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:42:14
@sTreetAngeL Said

Just promise me one thing CJ? You will think of this conversation when you shake hands?

great- you just know that I will indeed think of this ad blush! Ah dear, how you make me chortle!
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#18New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:44:20
@Sparklegirl Said

great- you just know that I will indeed think of this ad blush! Ah dear, how you make me chortle!

I really hope you do
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#19New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:49:35
@Sparklegirl Said

So Tuesday will see the first time ... how did s/he impress you? Bit too late to worry now but stil....!

CJ, I have two step-sons, and the older, who had been married once, decided to do it again, after he met his sweetie... We didn't get to meet her until after the wedding (another long story), but they were due to drive up from Virginia for a sit-down dinner, and meet everyone that lives in our own neck-o-the-woods.

So, before the trip, he tells Tina that, according to family tradition, the new girl is to sing, in French, the old "Frère Jacque, dormez-vous" song, complete with hand-gestures and proper pronunciation, at the dinner table, before the meal. (My wife is French-Canadian, so I guess that made the whole thing plausible...). Tina practiced and practiced. Then, they got in their car to drive north, and she practiced and practiced some more... They were on the road for about six hours, and ready to eat when they arrived.

Well, Tom announces that his bride will now provide us with a rendition of an old and favorite ditty... The problem was, he could not contain himself beyond the opening line, and he just busted up, laughing, satisfied that he had pulled off the biggest hoax of his still short marriage! Tina stopped, mid-song, wondering what was so funny, and looked around the table for answers. There was a crowd gathered, mostly French-speaking, who were just as perplexed as to what just transpired. When we all learned of the facts, the only one to carry a grudge was Tina, but not for very long. It was an ice-breaker.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:49:40
@sTreetAngeL Said

I really hope you do

you know that I will
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#21New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:50:41
@Sparklegirl Said

you know that I will

Will you be going to visit with them or they to your place, just what?
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#22New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:51:56
@Sparklegirl Said

So Tuesday will see the first time that I meet my other half's family. Have to admit that I am nervous about is as I want them to like me and get on with me. All tips welcome as to how to loose the nerves and just be me! How did you make a good impression on the future in laws? Or are you the In laws- how did s/he impress you? Bit too late to worry now but stil....!

You and the 'other half' are in it for the long haul, your not marring the in laws, so you need not be nervous. He likes you well enough and must trust that no matter what craziness his family displays you will still be excepting of him.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#23New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:55:53
@Sparklegirl Said

So Tuesday will see the first time that I meet my other half's family. Have to admit that I am nervous about is as I want them to like me and get on with me. All tips welcome as to how to loose the nerves and just be me! How did you make a good impression on the future in laws? Or are you the In laws- how did s/he impress you? Bit too late to worry now but stil....!

Get drunk! It's will loosen your nerves, but sadly, it probably won't make a good impression. ......or will it.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#24New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:55:57
@sTreetAngeL Said

Just flash them your tit; it can only go up hill from there.

Oh sure, you have just loads of helpful advise do ya ??

Uhh you better come over here and don't be talking to her ...
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:56:26
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

CJ, I have two step-sons, and the older, who had been married once, decided to do it again, after he met his sweetie... We didn't get to meet her until after the wedding (another long story), but they were due to drive up from Virginia for a sit-down dinner, and meet everyone that lives in our own neck-o-the-woods.

So, before the trip, he tells Tina that, according to family tradition, the new girl is to sing, in French, the old "Frère Jacque, dormez-vous" song, complete with hand-gestures and proper pronunciation, at the dinner table, before the meal. (My wife is French-Canadian, so I guess that made the whole thing plausible...). Tina practiced and practiced. Then, they got in their car to drive north, and she practiced and practiced some more... They were on the road for about six hours, and ready to eat when they arrived.

Well, Tom announces that his bride will now provide us with a rendition of an old and favorite ditty... The problem was, he could not contain himself beyond the opening line, and he just busted up, laughing, satisfied that he had pulled off the biggest hoax of his still short marriage! Tina stopped, mid-song, wondering what was so funny, and looked around the table for answers. There was a crowd gathered, mostly French-speaking, who were just as perplexed as to what just transpired. When we all learned of the facts, the only one to carry a grudge was Tina, but not for very long. It was an ice-breaker.

if he does that to me, I will be quite shame faced! I happen to know where his mum is from.... if there are to be any traditions carried forward from there, I might struggle! As for his old man, that could be more complex still. Fun times though because I am stopping there for a few nights!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:57:35
@sTreetAngeL Said

Will you be going to visit with them or they to your place, just what?

Ah, I am travelling a shed load of hours to his and will stop there a few nights so it is all alien to me. He had to do the same whe he met my family so its all fair!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#27New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:58:30
@Sparklegirl Said

if he does that to me, I will be quite shame faced! I happen to know where his mum is from.... if there are to be any traditions carried forward from there, I might struggle! As for his old man, that could be more complex still. Fun times though because I am stopping there for a few nights!

Are you going up on your bicycle?
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#28New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:59:10
@white_swan53 Said

Oh sure, you have just loads of helpful advise do ya ??

Uhh you better come over here and don't be talking to her ...

No better ice breaker than that you have to admit. After that, what could possibly embarass her?

LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:59:33
@Dark_Tink Said

Get drunk! It's will loosen your nerves, but sadly, it probably won't make a good impression. ......or will it.

well I am not too sure but there will be me crying like a girl and all upset so perhaps that is best avoided!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:59:55
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Are you going up on your bicycle?

no, train!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others