First meeting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:01:02
So Tuesday will see the first time that I meet my other half's family. Have to admit that I am nervous about is as I want them to like me and get on with me. All tips welcome as to how to loose the nerves and just be me! How did you make a good impression on the future in laws? Or are you the In laws- how did s/he impress you? Bit too late to worry now but stil....!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:04:01
The first time my sister's ex fiance met the family we just got him pissed and it turned out fine Infact everytime he met up with us he'd go home drunk, it did make him more relaxed around us and endeared him to the parents. Don't think my sister was too impressed though
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:08:24
@Sparklegirl Said

So Tuesday will see the first time that I meet my other half's family. Have to admit that I am nervous about is as I want them to like me and get on with me. All tips welcome as to how to loose the nerves and just be me! How did you make a good impression on the future in laws? Or are you the In laws- how did s/he impress you? Bit too late to worry now but stil....!

I reckon everybody on here will tell you to just be yourself, it attracted your other half and im sure thats the person he wants his parents to meet, maybe you could ask him what his parents like or their interests so as to give you an ice breaker and something to talk about later on.
But if all else fails, a double whiskey will calm the nerve's
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:17:53
@sister_of_mercy Said

The first time my sister's ex fiance met the family we just got him pissed and it turned out fine Infact everytime he met up with us he'd go home drunk, it did make him more relaxed around us and endeared him to the parents. Don't think my sister was too impressed though

I am such a lightweight if I was given booze it would end badly! There would be tears whichis ok for him to see but not his family at the first meeting
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:19:29
Hmmm it was over 18 months ago now but when I met my kind-of-boyfriend's parents I was just friendly and chatty... don't think I said anything dodgy I like to think I've made a good impression as they buy me Christmas and birthday presents and his mum is my friend on Facebook
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:23:35
@Commander4th Said

I reckon everybody on here will tell you to just be yourself, it attracted your other half and im sure thats the person he wants his parents to meet, maybe you could ask him what his parents like or their interests so as to give you an ice breaker and something to talk about later on.
But if all else fails, a double whiskey will calm the nerve's

True, he knows I am worried but he says they will like me- biased I assume though! me and booze is a bad mix but hopefuly it wont come to that
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#7New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:25:09
Just flash them your tit; it can only go up hill from there.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:25:19
@x_Laura_x Said

Hmmm it was over 18 months ago now but when I met my kind-of-boyfriend's parents I was just friendly and chatty... don't think I said anything dodgy I like to think I've made a good impression as they buy me Christmas and birthday presents and his mum is my friend on Facebook

Really? lovely, hopefully they like me as much as your 'fellas' folks liked you! I am alwyas talkative but when nervous I shut down and cant talk, I blush like a fool and look like a total cretin!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:26:36
@sTreetAngeL Said

Just flash them your tit; it can only go up hill from there.

Street!!! Yes that would be a point in which to work my way up from... but I am not sure the future in laws want to see such a terrible sight
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:27:45
@Sparklegirl Said

Street!!! Yes that would be a point in which to work my way up from

Well it certainly couldn't get any worse!
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:30:38
@Sparklegirl Said

Really? lovely, hopefully they like me as much as your 'fellas' folks liked you! I am alwyas talkative but when nervous I shut down and cant talk, I blush like a fool and look like a total cretin!

You will be fine
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:31:52
@sTreetAngeL Said

Well it certainly couldn't get any worse!

yes that is true... but still that is not quite the impression I am aiming for
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#13New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:33:29
@Sparklegirl Said

yes that is true... but still that is not quite the impression I am aiming for

But with your track record, you just never know - One ice breaker that just won't be matched.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:35:41
@x_Laura_x Said

You will be fine

I hope so- maybe he could just tell them that I have lost my voice?!
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 20:38:04
@sTreetAngeL Said

But with your track record, you just never know - One ice breaker that just won't be matched.

Well I believe it would be safe to say that his bro's girlfriend or his sisters bloke did not break the ice in the same way but I do agree that it is one ice breaker which as you say will not be matched!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs