Fire and Fury

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Jan 04, 2018 @ 17:34:43

I don't usually read these sorts of books, but I may have to make an exception for this one.

I can't imagine why Trump would want to block it...unless there is something he wants to hide.

"Trump demands publisher stop release of book..."
Fire & Fury
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 04, 2018 @ 18:00:16
What could he possibly be hiding??
Stalker

#3New Post! Jan 04, 2018 @ 19:40:11
@mrmhead Said

What could he possibly be hiding??

I can't imagine...

Thus I must read the book... enquiring minds want to know...

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Jan 05, 2018 @ 13:12:18
Although there may be some interesting things in there, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Wolff's goal is to sell books. ... with that said ...

Trump and his "Cease and Desist" will just help him sell more. It's like free advertisement!

So besides certain words not being allowed in gov't documents, we're starting a list of books that shouldn't be published or sold.

We should also lose our jobs if we don't stand at attention during the national anthem.

What's next? Outlawing bumper stickers supporting the opposition party?

"My button is bigger than yours"

I think it all leads credence to a bad moon rising.
Stalker

#5New Post! Jan 05, 2018 @ 16:26:12
"Today" show host Savannah Guthrie asked: "You think he's helping you sell books?"

"Absolutely," Wolff said, and "he's helping me prove the point of the book."

Brilliant.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Jan 05, 2018 @ 18:43:43
CNN reported parts of it.
Hope things got recorded by Wolff
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Jan 05, 2018 @ 19:30:32
@chaski Said

I don't usually read these sorts of books, but I may have to make an exception for this one.

I can't imagine why Trump would want to block it...unless there is something he wants to hide.

"Trump demands publisher stop release of book..."
Fire & Fury

It’s all about image with Trump, and this is why he & his team will hate it, go after this book, the author, and his credibility.

Granted, some of what is written may be fiction, a fact the author confirmed in the beginning of the book itself, and, no doubt, Team Trump will latch upon in its best effort here to contain the damage. Unfortunately for them, though, not before public image damage has already been irreversiblely let out of the cage.

As for the specifics, only Trump can tell you what he particularly takes offense at, and what he may surprisingly revel in. Again, he wants to be portrayed in a certain image, in his mindset........truth, sense, and leadership be damned.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#8New Post! Jan 06, 2018 @ 09:34:30
I always love watching people invoke the Streisand effect. I found Obama's and Hillary's unwillingness to invoke the Streisand effect during the last decade or so particularly disappointing what with the amount of rumors surrounding both of them. Happy days are here again watching a man attempt to block an ocean with his hands.

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Jan 06, 2018 @ 18:15:08
@nooneinparticular Said

I always love watching people invoke the Streisand effect. I found Obama's and Hillary's unwillingness to invoke the Streisand effect during the last decade or so particularly disappointing what with the amount of rumors surrounding both of them. Happy days are here again watching a man attempt to block an ocean with his hands.

"Streisand Effect" - ?
Not sure I've heard that one, but interpreting from the context:
Over-reacting to something, thereby making it bigger.

He did the same thing with the NFL kneeling - it was pretty much yesterdays news until he brought it up at one of his rallies and started tweeting about it.

And why Streisand? ... something to do with her nose?
Stalker

#10New Post! Jan 06, 2018 @ 18:24:13
Trump tweeted that being elected "to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius."

Based on Trumps standard, these presidents were all geniuses: Obama, Bush (W), Clinton, Bush (HW), Reagan, Carter, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, Taft...
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#11New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 05:22:15
I totally bought my copy this morning. I didn’t feel like waiting on the hundreds of holds in the local library systems.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#12New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 14:46:11
@chaski Said

Trump tweeted that being elected "to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius."

Based on Trumps standard, these presidents were all geniuses: Obama, Bush (W), Clinton, Bush (HW), Reagan, Carter, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, Taft...

the problem with your analogy...all those were politicians....President Trump was not... yet he beat a women that had been in politics for over 40 years and still didn't know how our electoral collage works.. that would make Hillary a very stupid person...
Stalker

#13New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 16:02:31
@bobbimay Said

the problem with your analogy...all those were politicians....President Trump was not... yet he beat a women that had been in politics for over 40 years and still didn't know how our electoral collage works.. that would make Hillary a very stupid person...

I agree with the Hillary part.

Even considering the number of conservatives/republicans that don't/didn't like her, and even considering some of her baggage, she completely blew it.

Of course that doesn't make Trump a genius.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#14New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 17:22:18
@chaski Said

I agree with the Hillary part.

Even considering the number of conservatives/republicans that don't/didn't like her, and even considering some of her baggage, she completely blew it.

Of course that doesn't make Trump a genius.

It is amusing that a man... whom Democrats and their followers with “superior educations”... denigrate as mentally deficient and a moron...

beats them in a national election, continually outwits them in public, has improved the economy despite the dire warnings of Democrat economic experts and triggers them all so easily.
Stalker

#15New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 17:34:08
@bobbimay Said

It is amusing that a man... whom Democrats and their followers with “superior educations”... denigrate as mentally deficient and a moron...

beats them in a national election, continually outwits them in public, has improved the economy despite the dire warnings of Democrat economic experts and triggers them all so easily.

The economy has been getting better, however slowly, since 2010.

It isn't that much different from the Republican's & Obama.

To a point it is the job of each political party to not like a president from the other party... to a point. Both political parties are guilty of going too far in their hate of the other party's President.

None the less, the Democrat party is a huge disappointment...they have failed miserably. Personally I don't care much for the Democrats. They have always been more of a group of special interest than a group with a cohesive political platform.

Its the Republicans that disappoint me... I used to be one, but am no longer. I am an independent but not by choice...both political parties are failing the USA.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs