Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:20:30
So my finger hurts. It is my index finger, and it hurts the most where it meets the palm. Its my left (non-dominate) hand.

It doesn't seem to be swollen, its not horrible pain just enough to make we want to baby it, as it's uncomfortable to grip things or make a fist.

I seriously can't remeber what I did to it, I haven't fallen or been playing any sports that could lead to sprain. and I don't use the mouse with that hand so that's not it. Its a mystery.

I've taken Alieve and that really hasn't helped much, and I have a to wait a few more hours before I can take another type of pill.

The finger is still straight and everything, any suggestions on what I can do to make it feel better, or warning signs to watch out for that I need real medical help?

Everything for a sprain says swelling, and the last time I "jammed" my finger (middle) playing volleyball, it swelled right away. And this doesn't hurt that bad...yet.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:22:20
Ice???
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:29:03
Wayne! NO! that joke would not be funny and would infact probably result in you being banned!

Okay i shall refrain from answering 8)

Give it a couple days if it stills hurts go see a doctor
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:30:02
You might have been sleeping on it, and for too long..

Especially if it seeming just 'appeared' out of nowhere.

It should ease up on it's own.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#5New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:34:45
Boo Im not at home, so im improvising here:

Ice in a sandwich bag wrapped in paper towel? that should work right? I think I can find Ice upstairs or send a minion on a quest.

Wayne--- you're naughty.
JanuaryMan On April 15, 2009

Deleted

#6New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:37:54
When my finger hurts, I use the old stand by, soak it in sideher
emlyn On May 02, 2010

Deleted

, Ireland
#7New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:39:52
Coincidently i have a muscle spasm pain on my index finger because of clicking the mouse for days editing movies

I'm basically using my left hand to do all mouse clicking so to rest my right hand
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:40:51
My finger pain is from my middle finger...though probably because I've been flipping too many people off.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#9New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:46:42
The only finger that hurts me is my left thumb...um is a thumb a finger?? anyways...but it's from arthritis.
I hope ice helps yours
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#10New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:48:57
hmmm...maybe this is from flipping people off...

It really kinda hurts to do that...Damn, I'm going to have to cut back.

Tiger's Operation Flip-Off.... is being temporarily terminated.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#11New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:50:46
@DiscordTiger Said

hmmm...maybe this is from flipping people off...

It really kinda hurts to do that...Damn, I'm going to have to cut back.

Tiger's Operation Flip-Off.... is being temporarily terminated.

oh no. The world is gonna end...not meant sarcastically or mean..or forget it...the world is not gonna be the same
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#12New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:52:33
I don't know you well enough to state facts, but I can tell you my own experience. I often get pains, and aches in odd spots on my body.. (right elbow, ankles, fingers, etc) and have no idea what causes them. The fact is that I'm pretty active, and will often smack into something when I'm going about my day, and not really think much of it.
Then a day or so later when something hurts, I can't remember doing anything to cause it. So I take some tylenol, and baby it for a day, and it usually goes away.

Could that be the case for you? Could you have whacked it on something yesterday, hard enough for it to ache today but not so hard that you'd have noticed other than to maybe say "ouch"?
JanuaryMan On April 15, 2009

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:53:54
Mine has hurt for weeks now, it was a visit from Arthur Rhitis. Take two asprins and call me in the morning
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 23:55:29
Since it's your non-dominant hand, try buddy-taping it to your middle finger to a day or two, just to let it rest. It'll make typing a little...difficult but it'll let the muscles in that finger rest and rely on the muscles in your middle finger instead. See if that helps it to feel better.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Apr 14, 2009 @ 00:10:11
I found ice. yay... the cold seems to help some.

thanks everyone!

I could have slept on it, or bumped it on something, I'm a klutz so I don't always remember each incident. It just usually the other hand... or my legs, I walk into my desk all the time.

So Boxer and Linda, you two probably on to something there

Mr Arther Rhitis sucks too.... he deserves to be sucker punched.... but, if he's visiting me its a first time visit. I'm sorry he causes trouble for others though.

If it gets worse I'll wrap it when I get home..... hmm with the two taped together people wont know if I'm pointing up or flipping them off.....that might work to my advantage... at least I can type with one hand
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs