Gender Issues

Feminism stinks!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
claire On September 15, 2009

Perth, Australia
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:33:39
I hate feminism, because it's hypocritical. Feminists out there want to be treated equaly but they still want to be different.
And by somehow making men seem less then they actually are, thats considered a great achievement. But it's not equality!

Why can't feminists understand there'll never be a society were men and women are totally equal?

Females out there who think that by becoming CEO of a male dominate corporation is a step towards women becoming equal in society are dillusional. All you've done is simply showed other females out there that they can in deed be as good as men on the corporate ladder, but as far as contribute to male and female equity, you haven't done zip!

Men and women should work together, each excepting that there are roles out there that only men can do or should do, like it or not. Just like there are things females can do that men can't.
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#2New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:37:54
Actually, a female who makes it to CEO in a male dominant company has done a
huge deed.

It's a demonstration we all have equal oppurtunities.

It isn't an idea of levels, or even the concept of 'making them as good as', it's
the concept of the doors.

Women should have all the same doors open to them as men and vice versa.
imshy On March 30, 2008

Deleted

N/A, Canada
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:45:52
@claire Said
I hate feminism, because it's hypocritical. Feminists out there want to be treated equaly but they still want to be different.
And by somehow making men seem less then they actually are, thats considered a great achievement. But it's not equality!

Why can't feminists understand there'll never be a society were men and women are totally equal?

Females out there who think that by becoming CEO of a male dominate corporation is a step towards women becoming equal in society are dillusional. All you've done is simply showed other females out there that they can in deed be as good as men on the corporate ladder, but as far as contribute to male and female equity, you haven't done zip!

Men and women should work together, each excepting that there are roles out there that only men can do or should do, like it or not. Just like there are things females can do that men can't.

Agreed 100%

Perth, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:46:41
darkshine: I understand what your saying and if you read my post properly you would have read that I did state that women who make it to CEO of a man dominate field are opening doors for other women. But at the same time there are women out there who only do it to try and look better than their male counterparts, and whilst thats all well and good, what has it a tributed to actual quity?
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:49:39
i think feminists are more looking for an overall equality, not every specific situation equal... there are the extremists who ignore the fact that men and women are different on a baser level of thought processes and abilities, but the extremists in any topic tend to be a bit crazy...

the feminism issue should be let go by now tho... at least in this country... men and women have equality already as far as im concerned... other than in the minds of those sexist type of guys and in dorky old jokes...

Perth, Australia
#6New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:50:51
My point is do feminists seek equality or do they want to be better than men?
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#7New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 03:55:39
id say they think theyre going for equality, but they dont realize that we already have it... so now theyre just going farther with an issue that has been resolved... so now theyre going for better, but they dont realize it...

but then there are the extremests who think they are better than men... it depends which group you are referring to...
imshy On March 30, 2008

Deleted

N/A, Canada
#8New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 04:06:24
My sister is an extremist as she calls herself, but yet refuses to do anything that is a so-called man's job, I think a lot of feminist are looking at feminism in accordance to their own view of what they think, not on what it actually started out as, and yes some are way out there with the dominating of men and have surpassed the feminist goal and have totally gone to an extreme of wanting to make the male inferior to them, some just want and have equality, they have all taken it to different levels of feminism and some cannot even call themselves that to begin with and some have crossed that goal by miles.

Perth, Australia
#9New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 04:06:58
I'm referring to extreme feminism.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#10New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 04:13:58
@imshy Said
I think a lot of feminist are looking at feminism in accordance to their own view of what they think, not on what it actually started out as,

another good point behind my thinking that feminism is a dead issue...

and claire... the extremests on any topic are gonna be slightly crazy... like i said (i know crazy is a poor way to put it, but im having some word-block issues tonight)
imshy On March 30, 2008

Deleted

N/A, Canada
#11New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 04:19:56
Feminism as it started out is long dead, it's what each female wants it to be, or a small group here or there, the one's you speak of are not feminist they are extremists, big difference, just as with anything for instance religion, you have your believer's then you have your extremists.
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#12New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 05:15:58
@claire Said
I'm referring to extreme feminism.

That's not feminism though, that's mysogony.

Believing one gender is better than another isn't feminism at all.

If a feminist claims that being a woman is better than being a male, explain to her that she's
in the wrong place.

And as for the sister; your sister isn't really the entire force of feminism. You'll find that
most, if not all feminists actively take their new roles happily.
imshy On March 30, 2008

Deleted

N/A, Canada
#13New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 06:53:36
@darkshine Said

And as for the sister; your sister isn't really the entire force of feminism.

I said that with sarcasm, but it's hard to tell on the computer

aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#14New Post! Mar 30, 2008 @ 10:22:34
yeah, not gonna lie, feminists scare me
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs