Member Forums

Favorite/Worst Horror Movies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#1New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 19:24:49
Do any of you have a favorite horror movie?? What is the worst one you guys have ever seen?? My favorites are: A Nightmare on Elm Street and Queen of the Damned..One of the worst horror flicks I ever saw was Seed of Chucky--was funny quite honestly...Any Comments would be most appreciated!! 8-]]
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#2New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 00:05:20
Probably House on Telegraph Hill, a relatively mild horror movie, not much blood and gore. I put it on the list because an old friend of mine is in the movie. I have not known him long, but he is old.

A novel by Dean Koontz, Intensity has become a movie. I haven't seen he movie, but the novel works good. Anyone who likes Steven King should like Dean Koontz.
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 00:35:45
The Devil's Rejects (2005)

I suppose if you like slasher flicks it might be "good"... I think I lasted about 15 minutes... maybe only 10.

My son likes horror flicks and was like... OK pops... I've had enough of that crap...
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 05:12:41
LESBIAN VAMPIRE WARRIORS

Don't confuse this with the utterly laughable James Corden offering Lesbian Vampire Killers, LESBIAN VAMPIRE WARRIORS was originally conceived as the less titilating – but somewhat more accurate – Vampire Warriors. Only an idiot (or genius depending on your point of view) would assume that by adding the word ‘lesbian’ you are likely to shift more copies. I mean really, it’s not like anybody on here would fall for that kind of cheap, cheesy trick.

Would they..?

Lesbians (apparently) are all the rage, and the vampire bubble hasn’t burst yet, so why not call your movie Lesbian Vampire Warriors? It’s not like you need actual lesbians for the movie to sell it (the word lesbian is probably used once), for the most part they don’t even have real vampires – just vegetarian ones.

A really shoddy, poor movie with little or nothing going for it. But I'm sure it's shifted any number of copies on the basis of its title alone.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 18:37:00
@Jennifer1984 Said

LESBIAN VAMPIRE WARRIORS It’s not like you need actual lesbians for the movie to sell it (the word lesbian is probably used once), for the most part they don’t even have real vampires – just vegetarian ones.

PC-SJWs should be all over this.

How can they make a film about lesbian vampire warriors without real Lesbian Vampires?
How do they get the "essence" of what it is to be a lesbian vampire?

Those actresses appropriating the role are keeping real lesbian vampire performers from getting jobs.

I'm not going to watch it for that reason alone!

Besides, I thought all vampires played all 4 sides (M,F,L,uD)

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 18:50:52
I think it was Saw IV (or maybe III) that I couldn't make it through. Not a slasher fan (anymore) and this sealed the deal.
- Though a few of those Rob Zombie movies were good - not for the blood, but just a mindless entertainment factor.

Wrong Turn was good for a change of pace.

I could watch the original The Shinning again .. and again.
(King and Kubrick ... two of my favorites)

There are a few S. King movies that are really bad - there's so many of them, how can there not be. .... Maximum Overdrive!! There's a low bar that's hard to get below.

As a kid, House on Haunted Hill literally gave me nightmares. Today, it's kind of cheesey.

Thir13en Ghosts was fun!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 00:45:24
I don’t think I have a specific favorite, but two that I truly love is The Conjuring and Child’s Play 2.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 06:17:34
@mrmhead Said

PC-SJWs should be all over this.

How can they make a film about lesbian vampire warriors without real Lesbian Vampires?
How do they get the "essence" of what it is to be a lesbian vampire?

Those actresses appropriating the role are keeping real lesbian vampire performers from getting jobs.

I'm not going to watch it for that reason alone!

Besides, I thought all vampires played all 4 sides (M,F,L,uD)

More to the point, the title doesn't make it clear whether it is the vampires who are lesbians or they are straight vampires being hunted by lesbians.

Like, my Gaydar is usually infallible, but I can't tell from the parts I've seen. They all look straight to me.

But I would be disappointed to think that lesbians would be heterophobic as well as committing haemophagicide. The undead have as much right to live as everybody else.

Surely the LGBT community is better than that..?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#10New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 09:02:49
In the same way that I avoid putting bad things into my body I avoid putting bad things into my mind. Horror movies, to me, are things I do not want in my mind. There is enough real life bad stuff in there already.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 09:46:08
Cannibal Holocaust, god awful movie. I could see why it was banned for years. Not sure if it properly qualifies in the horror genre though.

Hellraiser was good, love a bit of Pinhead. Although somewhat dated now. I hate the new horrors like Paranormal Activity and the ilk as they aren't even scary

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 12:38:46
@cole Said

Cannibal Holocaust, god awful movie. I could see why it was banned for years. Not sure if it properly qualifies in the horror genre though.

Hellraiser was good, love a bit of Pinhead. Although somewhat dated now. I hate the new horrors like Paranormal Activity and the ilk as they aren't even scary

Yeah! The Hellraiser series were pretty good - most of them.
.. Apparently I missed the last two (maybe more?)that came out - Revelations and Judgement
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#13New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 14:21:51
Personally, I highly dislike every Nightmare on Elm Street, except the 1st one. That was the only good one in my opinion. Even the reboot was bad.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 14:28:46
Never been much of a horror movie fan just because I don't really find them entertaining. They aren't scary to me because they're just stories. The few that I like are probably more psychological thrillers than they are horror movies, like The Sixth Sense.

All that being said, The Ring has parts in it that creep me the f*** out.
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#15New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 21:59:51
WOW!! very interesting comments--I know scary movies are just stories, but, some of them still scare the hell out of me!! I thought of a movie just now that scared the daylights out of me--"The Exorcist"!! I have nightmares after I watch that movie..I want to see the new one coming out called "The Exorcism of Hannah Grace"--it looks like it is an awesome movie!!! I hated all of the "Friday the 13th" movies myself--they were so campy, not scary at all!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs