Fasting?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 00:29:05
Anyone else have experience fasting?

I'm nearing my third day without food and only water intake. Has anyone else seen benefits?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 00:30:59
@GreenAppleKing Said

I'm nearing my third day without food and only water intake. Has anyone else seen benefits?

Are you doing it for any specific purpose?

Deleted

#3New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 05:51:16
@Cpat92 Said

Are you doing it for any specific purpose?

cleansing ---- but will switch to intermittent fasting today

Deleted

#4New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:20:49
A confession:

So, on March 7th, we did a height and weight test at the work center. I weighed in at 198. I knew this wasn’t going to fly because I don’t have a thick enough neck to pass getting taped. I’m 5’8” so I have to weigh less than 181. So starting that afternoon, I limited my fluid intake to water and unsweetened teas and coffees. No juice no milk no sodas. I ate only leafy green vegetables and unprocessed meats and hard cheeses like provolone. I use my travel for my civilian job as an excuse to not workout as much as I could, so I relied more heavily on diet. Even then, I found my way to the treadmill at the hotel fitness centers about twice a week.

Around March 31st, I was still about seven pounds shy of my goal, so I started to work out a little more and I skipped a few meals. April 2nd I weighed 183. I stopped eating food and drank just a little water. At noon April 3rd, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate and got the “party” going. By 0700hours April 5th I was down to 178lbs. I felt like I was sick. After the weigh-in I drank a gallon of water and had some sandwiches and fruit. Even a day later I still wasn’t 100% recovered.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:31:13
@GreenAppleKing Said

@GreenAppleKing Said

cleansing ---- but will switch to intermittent fasting today

This is a bad idea. You're not "cleansing" anything.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:32:57
@GreenAppleKing Said

A confession:

So, on March 7th, we did a height and weight test at the work center. I weighed in at 198. I knew this wasn’t going to fly because I don’t have a thick enough neck to pass getting taped. I’m 5’8” so I have to weigh less than 181. So starting that afternoon, I limited my fluid intake to water and unsweetened teas and coffees. No juice no milk no sodas. I ate only leafy green vegetables and unprocessed meats and hard cheeses like provolone. I use my travel for my civilian job as an excuse to not workout as much as I could, so I relied more heavily on diet. Even then, I found my way to the treadmill at the hotel fitness centers about twice a week.

Around March 31st, I was still about seven pounds shy of my goal, so I started to work out a little more and I skipped a few meals. April 2nd I weighed 183. I stopped eating food and drank just a little water. At noon April 3rd, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate and got the “party” going. By 0700hours April 5th I was down to 178lbs. I felt like I was sick. After the weigh-in I drank a gallon of water and had some sandwiches and fruit. Even a day later I still wasn’t 100% recovered.

Stop for a moment.

You're resorted to chugging laxatives in order to lose weight.

This is a bad idea.
RodgeTheStormcloak On August 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:42:22
Not eating is never a good idea.
Eat less, but never stop completely.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 13:00:44
I will say that there's nothing inherently wrong with intermittent fasting. However:

1) Intermittent fasting is something of an advanced technique, best approached well after you've already gotten your eating in order. Your eating is most definitely not in order in any way, shape, or form. If you don't know what you're doing or don't pay close attention and exercise a great deal of control over your food and portion choices, it can and will go very wrong.

2) OP isn't intermittent fasting. He's more adopted anorexia and laxatives in a desperate attempt to shed pounds, and in the process he is destroying his body and dropping muscle mass like a mofo. At his age, it would probably take 1-2 years of heavy exercise in combination with gaining weight just to get back the muscle mass he has already lost.
RodgeTheStormcloak On August 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 13:26:24
@jonnythan Said

I will say that there's nothing inherently wrong with intermittent fasting. However:

1) Intermittent fasting is something of an advanced technique, best approached well after you've already gotten your eating in order. Your eating is most definitely not in order in any way, shape, or form. If you don't know what you're doing or don't pay close attention and exercise a great deal of control over your food and portion choices, it can and will go very wrong.

2) OP isn't intermittent fasting. He's more adopted anorexia and laxatives in a desperate attempt to shed pounds, and in the process he is destroying his body and dropping muscle mass like a mofo. At his age, it would probably take 1-2 years of heavy exercise in combination with gaining weight just to get back the muscle mass he has already lost.

I can't give you a thumbs up yet, but that was very informative. Thank you.

Deleted

#10New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 14:08:41
@jonnythan Said

Stop for a moment.

This is a bad idea.

You're right.

I really don't want to go that route again.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#11New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 16:16:16
@GreenAppleKing Said

A confession:

@jonnythan Said

Stop for a moment.

This is a bad idea.

Agree

@GreenAppleKing Said

You're right.

I really don't want to go that route again.

Hopefully you are feeling better
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 18:16:48
Yeah this is a bad idea.

Fasting will only make you put on weight once you start eating again. It's not sustainable and honestly not good for your quality of life.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#13New Post! Jul 21, 2019 @ 05:27:45
Not a lot of positive feedback from our friends and neighbors on TFS.

I found a channel on YouTube with good information on periodic fasting.

Here's a sample of the type of content:

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs