Forums: Science:
Sociology

Fall of the Berlin Wall

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
AntonioGramsci On January 04, 2012

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 04, 2012 @ 18:35:43
Hi all, new on here, trying to locate some quite specific info and google scholar is not helping. Perhaps someone here can help.

I'm trying to link the rise of right-wing cognitivist film theory in the 1980s with the decline of communism and the fall of the Berlin wall. OK, this theory gained dominance BEFORE 1989, but according to Skocpol's theory of revolutions this shouldn't be a problem. For Skocpol, political revolutions are manifestations in the superstructure of transformations which have alreay happened in the base (Marx's base/superstructure model). So, the Velvet Revolutions should be manifestations of societal revolutions which have already occured, no? If I'm the first to reason this, then great. But that's unlikely, so can anyone point me to somehone who has argued something similar? Perhaps a critique of Fukuyama's 'End of History'? Any help much appreciated,

Rob.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#2New Post! Jan 04, 2012 @ 18:54:22
@AntonioGramsci Said

Hi all, new on here, trying to locate some quite specific info and google scholar is not helping. Perhaps someone here can help.

I'm trying to link the rise of right-wing cognitivist film theory in the 1980s with the decline of communism and the fall of the Berlin wall. OK, this theory gained dominance BEFORE 1989, but according to Skocpol's theory of revolutions this shouldn't be a problem. For Skocpol, political revolutions are manifestations in the superstructure of transformations which have alreay happened in the base (Marx's base/superstructure model). So, the Velvet Revolutions should be manifestations of societal revolutions which have already occured, no? If I'm the first to reason this, then great. But that's unlikely, so can anyone point me to somehone who has argued something similar? Perhaps a critique of Fukuyama's 'End of History'? Any help much appreciated,

Rob.

greenguy35 On May 18, 2015

Winchester, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 04, 2012 @ 18:58:00
LOL I am with Forumless....You lost me early on...sorry I can't help
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#4New Post! Jan 04, 2012 @ 19:04:02
All I know is the tearing down of The Berlin Wall did wonders for my social life, I finally got to cash in on every woman who said she'd go out with me as soon as they tear down The Berlin Wall
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Jan 04, 2012 @ 21:49:46
@AntonioGramsci Said

Rob.

CFT is BS. The only time we know for sure a movie is ending is when it fades to black or it says "THE END". Riding off into the sunset is a common convention which we pick up on when we're very young making us conditioned to it, just like the guy getting the girl, and really I don't think a large proportion of movies end that way anyway. If it was an inherent indication of the ending, Don Quixote should have ended here:
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs