The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Faith and religion, do they go together?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 · >>
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 07:50:26
In my experience, they don't.

Religion with all it's pomp and ceremony doesn't draw people closer to God, in fact it does the opposite and puts a barrier between us.

Faith on the other hand need no rituals, no ceremonies, no remembered or repeated prayers. Rituals and the like do not strengthen faith, they show how weak it is and remains.

I do not need such fripperies because I know God is with me.

All it needs if the knowledge of God, which can be found in the pages of the bible, and a deep understanding of what spirituality really is. True faith need no props and can withstand any onslaught.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 08:21:08
An intentional designer is the original conspiracy and the cognitive dissonance resonating from the realization of this possibility is the catalyst for faith being subject to jeopardy in the first place.

By this point in time, with the technology made available to man, it is easy for us to theory that all that we see before us could be a virtual transmission and our bodies a virtual video game system where in our nerves respond to the visual stimuli.

From acknowledgement of that possibility comes the awareness that we don't know why all this is, in the first place, and if a simulation is the case, what has placed us in this predicament and it's true intentions.

If 'Earth' fits on a main frame, then the classic idea of a flaming hell could easily fit on a CD Rom.

The most that we can have true faith in is that 'right', 'proper' and 'good' can never be permanently detained or suppressed by that which is not.

It's a simple understanding that all of us are born with that even if ours is the same situation in that discontinued novel 'Shattered Dreams' (<--Over the past three years all reference to this story has been dropped from the net as well ) the situation is only temporary.

Banned

#3New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 11:11:07
@Electric_Banana Said

An intentional designer is the original conspiracy and the cognitive dissonance resonating from the realization of this possibility is the catalyst for faith being subject to jeopardy in the first place.

By this point in time, with the technology made available to man, it is easy for us to theory that all that we see before us could be a virtual transmission and our bodies a virtual video game system where in our nerves respond to the visual stimuli.

From acknowledgement of that possibility comes the awareness that we don't know why all this is, in the first place, and if a simulation is the case, what has placed us in this predicament and it's true intentions.

If 'Earth' fits on a main frame, then the classic idea of a flaming hell could easily fit on a CD Rom.

The most that we can have true faith in is that 'right', 'proper' and 'good' can never be permanently detained or suppressed by that which is not.

It's a simple understanding that all of us are born with that even if ours is the same situation in that discontinued novel 'Shattered Dreams' (<--Over the past three years all reference to this story has been dropped from the net as well ) the situation is only temporary.

Yes it is only temporary, but not in the sense that you mean.

The temporary nature of this world is purely a function of the rebellion of Satan, and his deception of Adam and Eve in the Garden. That necessitated a judicial process, gathering evidence, and the only way that could be achieved was by allowing the disruption of God's plan to continue for a limited time.

We are now close to the end of that time period,and the issue has now pretty well been settled in God's favour, certainly settled to the extent that Satan now knows he has lost his "case", though most humans are not convinced despite the biblical record of events of the last 6,000 plus years. Satan has succeeded to an extent in that he has managed to sow sufficient doubt in most minds, However the challenge was that no man would serve God willingly and without reward. On that basis he has lost because throughout history there have been many who, like Shadrak, Meshak and Abednego said, in effect :- (Daniel 3:16-18) "Sha?drach, Me?shach and A·bed?ne·go answered, and they were saying to the king: “O Neb·u·chad·nez?zar, we are under no necessity in this regard to say back a word to you. 17 If it is to be, our God whom we are serving is able to rescue us. Out of the burning fiery furnace and out of your hand, O king, he will rescue [us]. 18 But if not, let it become known to you, O king, that your gods are not the ones we are serving, and the image of gold that you have set up we will not worship."

Those who like them through the centuries since have relied on God's promise of a resurrection and have stayed faithful whatever the rulers of this world out them threw, including those servants of God who were imprisoned in Wartime Concentration Camps because they refused to serve Hitler in any way that offended God.

I hope I shall have the strength to do the same when my time comes, which it may do, and trust in God to strengthen me through it.

On a slightly side point (it's my thread so I'm allowed, lol). I have always been fascinated by (Revelation 11:18) "18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." (Kings James Version).

Since it is only in the last hundred years or so that mankind has been destroying the earth, on an appreciable scale, and that ties in with the prophecy in Daniel which puts us well into the "Time of the end" which Revelation applies to, it is simply another example of the perfect foresight of God, and His complete knowledge of human nature. It also fits in rather well with God's need to confuse the languages at Babel to prevent man from "progressing" too quickly and destroying everything before the set time fo the issue between God and Satan to be proved.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 12:47:12
@MadCornishBiker Said

*snip*

A lot of what is written in the bible sounds as if being passed down from a tyrannical ruler.

Yes a lot of the morals and principles are sound but I'm sure that Hitler and Charles Manson had some philosophies and moralistic principles to add as well.

As for not serving God without some sort of reward - I would assume that is assumption of the integrity of humans themselves to claim that none of them will offer without being compensated back.

To some degree there will always have to be some sort of compensation for our efforts because if no one ever rewards us back for them, we would simply die.

There are necessities that we need rather we work for them or not but no one, in respect of themselves, is going to waste all of their rations happily on someone else only to let themselves drop dead slowly and painful because they now have to go without.

Likewise, looking at people as a collective - If someone is always treated like a cast aside or a burden and none ever allow those people to feel as if they belong - Well not many will stick around in a home where they never quite feel like they are appreciated.

Now in the sense of greedy people who live in excess and still pull the rug out from under others so they can take even more they don't need and let those others suffer and die without - That is a true crime, a common crime, and a crime that many upon many never stop and analyze things long enough to see past the noses on their faces to realize they are doing.

Banned

#5New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 13:22:19
@Electric_Banana Said

A lot of what is written in the bible sounds as if being passed down from a tyrannical ruler.

Yes a lot of the morals and principles are sound but I'm sure that Hitler and Charles Manson had some philosophies and moralistic principles to add as well.

I think you put it well when you said it "sounds as if being passed down from a tyrannical ruler",and I can understand what you are saying, and why you see things that way, however you are missing a couple of extremely important points.

Firstly, as for Hitler and Manson, I cannot speak for what their intentions were, but good as they may have been they were highly flawed. They only included their own kind in their plans.

At this stage, and certainly earlier God has included everyone in His plan. Some because they had reduced chances to learn, some because the issue was still far from proved. All of those who die before Armageddon are to get a second chance, and when they are brought back for that second chance they will no longer be imperfect, but will come back into perfect human bodies, as enjoyed by Adam and Eve.

Secondly, though many humans have felt they knew the best way to live, and that may well include Hitler and Manson, they were imperfect humans and were working from a distinct lack of foresight and knowledge. God has 20/20 foresight. He knows how patterns are going to develop, which is why He has been able to inspire such accurate, long range, prophecy. What this means in the main is that whilst so many think they know what is best, God truly does.

@Electric_Banana Said

As for not serving God without some sort of reward - I would assume that is assumption of the integrity of humans themselves to claim that none of them will offer without being compensated back.

To some degree there will always have to be some sort of compensation for our efforts because if no one ever rewards us back for them, we would simply die.

There is a big difference between compensation and reward. To go back to my example of Shadrach and co., they looked for no reward, but were happy with the compensation of the resurrection. That can hardly be called a reward because it is going to be available to all who die before Armageddon, or at least before the current "Ark" door is closed. Again that is purely to compensate all for the lack of knowledge and opportunity many have been under.

God endlessly provides all that we need, and as scripture tells us, He lets His sun shine on righteous and unrighteous alike, so really that is neither reward or compensation it is simply what we need to survive. However He does leave some of that to Governments to administer, and they will be judged on how fairly they have done so, and for humans to assist in producing as was always the plan from the beginning. He believes very much in the old saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you feed him for life". He provides for us, He doesn't spoon feed us.

@Electric_Banana Said

There are necessities that we need rather we work for them or not but no one, in respect of themselves, is going to waste all of their rations happily on someone else only to let themselves drop dead slowly and painful because they now have to go without.

God asks that of no-one. The principle there was distilled by Jesus when he said "let he who has two outer garments give one to he who has none". God appreciates better than we do that unless we care for ourselves we cannot care for others. It is the motivation behind caring for ourselves that is important, it should not be purely from self interest. We should keep ourselves strong so that we can support those that are not so strong.

@Electric_Banana Said

Likewise, looking people as a collective - If someone is always treated like a cast aside or a burden and none ever allow those people to feel as if they belong - Well not many will stick around in a home where they never quite feel like they are appreciated.

Now in the sense of greedy people who live in excess and still pull the rug out from under others so they can take even more they don't need and let those others suffer and die without - That is a true crime, a common crime, and a crime that many upon many never stop and analyze things long enough to see past the noses on their faces to realize they are doing.

Again I agree with you, and so does God. He asks people to join in with the right way of living, and spurns none that are willing to do so. He only spurns those who have no intention of fitting in because they are too selfish. Why does He spurn them? Because as this current word shows clearly, those who refuse to follow God's teachings make it difficult for those who do.

People, children, are starving throughout the world because too many won't share their excess with those without anything. In the west we have far more than we need in many ways, and refuse to change our ways of life so that we can use up less of the world's resources and leave more for others. We demand wants, not needs.

Take the current international financial problems.

Governments are running out of money because they have had to borrow too much for too long because they have given in to the public's demands for more and more assistance without having to pay the taxes to cover the cost. Now it is biting back, and people are complaining because of the necessity to make cuts, and yet still they are not prepared to join in the struggle by not having pay rises, not insisting on the public services which, they don't pay enough to support.

If everyone lived the way that God teaches, as they will in the not too distant future, there would not be all this suffering and inequality in this world.

Eventually the choice to ignore the one who only wants what is best for us, and knows what that is will be removed and thsoe who choose to make the right decision will no longer be allowed to exist.

No doubt when that time comes there will be those who complain it isn't fair, just as they currently complain of they get a ticket for breaking the parking laws or exceeding the sped limits. They forget that actions bring consequences and expect to be spared them when they do. Life doesn't work that way, without causing suffering for some in order that others may benefit, or get away with their actions. Nor should it, and the day will come when it no longer will do, and any that break the rules will suffer the inevitable consequences no matter how they hide.

That is what God's word is all about.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 14:12:09
I think they can but usually don't.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#7New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 17:48:40
@MadCornishBiker Said

I do not need such fripperies because I know God is with me.

..and Mad dude, this is exactly why I AM way ahead of you because I know that God = I AM.

So with you there is still a separation between you and God while with me there is no separation. Can you grasp that!?

+1 (Neo)

Banned

#8New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 17:54:12
@wirelessguru1 Said

..and Mad dude, this is exactly why I AM way ahead of you because I know that God = I AM.

So with you there is still a separation between you and God while with me there is no separation. Can you grasp that!?

+1 (Neo)

I know that is part of your egotistical delusions yes, and yet God would not want to know you in your current state. However I do know beyond any doubt that He is with me, and supports me to have inexhaustible patience with such as you.

Somewhere in, California
#9New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 17:59:25
@MadCornishBiker Said

Governments are running out of money because they have had to borrow too much for too long because they have given in to the public's demands for more and more assistance without having to pay the taxes to cover the cost.

That's not exactly why since today's fiat-money is debt-based and as such can be (and is) made out of nothing, which is completely un-natural!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Now it is biting back, and people are complaining because of the necessity to make cuts, and yet still they are not prepared to join in the struggle by not having pay rises, not insisting on the public services which, they don't pay enough to support.

Rubbish, nonsense!

The ruling elites just want to keep the sheeople as their "debt" slaves! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

If everyone lived the way that God teaches, as they will in the not too distant future, there would not be all this suffering and inequality in this world.

Rubbish, nonsense, there has always been suffering and inequality on Earth! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Eventually the choice to ignore the one who only wants what is best for us, and knows what that is will be removed and thsoe who choose to make the right decision will no longer be allowed to exist.

Only in your dreams and imagination!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

No doubt when that time comes there will be those who complain it isn't fair, just as they currently complain of they get a ticket for breaking the parking laws or exceeding the sped limits. They forget that actions bring consequences and expect to be spared them when they do.

Well, the ruling elites are indeed above the laws since they own the Governments! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Life doesn't work that way, without causing suffering for some in order that others may benefit, or get away with their actions. Nor should it, and the day will come when it no longer will do, and any that break the rules will suffer the inevitable consequences no matter how they hide.

That is what God's word is all about.

Yet, it is YOUR bible God that has been hiding for over 2,000+ years now! Wake up zealot!!!

+1 (Neo)

Somewhere in, California
#10New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 18:04:26
@MadCornishBiker Said

I know that is part of your egotistical delusions yes, and yet God would not want to know you in your current state. However I do know beyond any doubt that He is with me, and supports me to have inexhaustible patience with such as you.

Zealot, egotistical delusions is you who continues to claim to talk for and/or represent a bible God that you have never met face to face while in contrast I only talk for and represent myself, the great one.

Can you grasp that zealot!?

Like how do you really know what your bible God really wants!? Are you hearing his/her/its voice in your head!?

Either case, I do know beyond any doubt and with 100% certainty that God = I AM, so and like I said, I AM way, way, ahead of you on this...and as such I do NOT fear your bible God (The Devil)...

+1 (Neo)

P.S..and it is I, the great one, who has "inexhaustible patience with such as you", because I could easily ignore you for being such a religious fanatic and zealot! Wake up!!!

Banned

#11New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 18:34:17
@wirelessguru1 Said

That's not exactly why since today's fiat-money is debt-based and as such can be (and is) made out of nothing, which is completely un-natural!

Wow, you really are proud of your ignorance aren't you, lol.

@wirelessguru1 Said

Rubbish, nonsense!

The ruling elites just want to keep the sheeople as their "debt" slaves! Wake up!!!

So it extends to politics also. I really should be surprised. in fact the "ruling elite" as you call them simply feel the need to "buy" the votes that keep them in power.

@wirelessguru1 Said

Rubbish, nonsense, there has always been suffering and inequality on Earth! Wake up!!!

In a sense you are actually right there, because Adam and Eve brought it in by their disobedience forcing an issue to need proving. However it was never part of the plan, and will not exist in the future when the earth is cleansed.

@wirelessguru1 Said

Only in your dreams and imagination!!!

Well, the ruling elites are indeed above the laws since they own the Governments! Wake up!!!

No Satan owns, and rules the Governments, lol, and no-one is above the law, though enough people like to think they are, and that is not confined to the ruling elite, or the rich and powerful either. Just stop to think how many people break the speed limits and then complain when they get caught.

@wirelessguru1 Said

Yet, it is YOUR bible God that has been hiding for over 2,000+ years now! Wake up zealot!!!

+1 (Neo)

No, He has never hidden, and has long made His thoughts and requirements public in His word, the bible. He even invites us to find Him because, as He says, "He is not far off from each one of us" No further than we separate ourselves from Him.

Someone who is hiding does not invite others to find him and then make it easy for them.

Banned

#12New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 18:38:50
@wirelessguru1 Said

Zealot, egotistical delusions is you who continues to claim to talk for and/or represent a bible God that you have never met face to face while in contrast I only talk for and represent myself, the great one.

Can you grasp that zealot!?

Like how do you really know what your bible God really wants!? Are you hearing his/her/its voice in your head!?

Either case, I do know beyond any doubt and with 100% certainty that God = I AM, so and like I said, I AM way, way, ahead of you on this...and as such I do NOT fear your bible God (The Devil)...

+1 (Neo)

P.S..and it is I, the great one, who has "inexhaustible patience with such as you", because I could easily ignore you for being such a religious fanatic and zealot! Wake up!!!

There is nothing egotistical about that. God has always avoided the egotistical as He cannot use them. He only uses those who recognise their own limitations and are open to His guidance.

If you had any patience at all you would not post in the way you do. Your posts exhibit a complete lack of patience and an intent to denigrate anyone who you fear may be superior to you, even when, like me, they are not.

Yes egotistical delusions often make people feel they are equal to God, yet no-one ever could be, not even His own son.

Somewhere in, California
#13New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 18:44:02
@MadCornishBiker Said

Wow, you really are proud of your ignorance aren't you, lol.

It is you who is ignorant!

@MadCornishBiker Said

So it extends to politics also. I really should be surprised. in fact the "ruling elite" as you call them simply feel the need to "buy" the votes that keep them in power.

Hello, hello, they already own BOTH of the major parties...

@MadCornishBiker Said

In a sense you are actually right there, because Adam and Eve brought it in by their disobedience forcing an issue to need proving. However it was never part of the plan, and will not exist in the future when the earth is cleansed.

Only in your delusional "idealistic" dreams and imagination!

@MadCornishBiker Said

No Satan owns, and rules the Governments, lol, and no-one is above the law, though enough people like to think they are, and that is not confined to the ruling elite, or the rich and powerful either. Just stop to think how many people break the speed limits and then complain when they get caught.

Yes, your bible God (the Devil) owns and rules the Governments, so to speak...

@MadCornishBiker Said

No, He has never hidden, and has long made His thoughts and requirements public in His word, the bible. He even invites us to find Him because, as He says, "He is not far off from each one of us" No further than we separate ourselves from Him.

So where is he/she/it right now if not hiding!?

If he (as you claim) is inviting us to find him it is because he is HIDING! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Someone who is hiding does not invite others to find him and then make it easy for them.

Of course they do in the game of hide and seek! Wake up!!!

But let me know if/when you actually find your bible God that you continue to claim to represent and speak for!!!

+1 (Neo)

Somewhere in, California
#14New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 18:50:59
@MadCornishBiker Said

There is nothing egotistical about that. God has always avoided the egotistical as He cannot use them. He only uses those who recognise their own limitations and are open to His guidance.

So your bible God is a user of people!

No wonder "it" does not like me, the great one, since I do not enjoy being used, especially by a coward bible God that is hiding!

@MadCornishBiker Said

If you had any patience at all you would not post in the way you do.

On the contrary! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Your posts exhibit a complete lack of patience and an intent to denigrate anyone who you fear may be superior to you, even when, like me, they are not.

Yet again, I do NOT fear you and/or your bible God (The Devil)! Wake up!!!

@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes egotistical delusions often make people feel they are equal to God, yet no-one ever could be, not even His own son.

Only in your dreams! But God = I AM.

..and it is YOUR egotistical delusions to claim to represent and speak for an imaginary and invisible 3rd party bible God that you have never met face to face. That is what is completely delusional! Wake up zealot!!!

Banned

#15New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 19:27:56
@wirelessguru1 Said

So your bible God is a user of people!

No wonder "it" does not like me, the great one, since I do not enjoy being used, especially by a coward bible God that is hiding!

On the contrary! Wake up!!!

Yet again, I do NOT fear you and/or your bible God (The Devil)! Wake up!!!

Only in your dreams! But God = I AM.

..and it is YOUR egotistical delusions to claim to represent and speak for an imaginary and invisible 3rd party bible God that you have never met face to face. That is what is completely delusional! Wake up zealot!!!

To be used by God is a privilege. It means He trusts you to do whatever the task may be to the best of your ability.

I know you don't have the common sense to fear God, so you don't need to keep bragging about your deficiencies, they are well recognised.

I, and all who serve His son speak for Him. However it is true

(1 Corinthians 3:19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning

(Job 5:13) [To the] One catching the wise in their own cunning, So that the counsel of astute ones is carried headlong

Ever heard the expression "He's too smart for his own good" suits you to a "T".
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs