Religion

Faith Vs. Religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 14:36:02
Religion f***ing sucks d***.... sorry... couldn't help myself, the objective meter when out the window.......

I agree that religion not that ratty describe above, I think happen religion change when mel brooks played moses in " the history of the world part 1 " or when Charles heston played moses, one of them screw up religion.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#17New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 15:46:27
Religion is a label put on faith.
How can it be faith if you have to put a label on it?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 16:32:01
@Ratty Said

Faith has heart. Religion is rout, Faith has soul, religion is paced, faith has spirit. Religion has miles.

Faith is hopeful, religion feels old.

Faith is positive, religion is subjective.

Faith feels closer to nature, religion seems tired and old.......

Religion f***ing sucks d***.... sorry... couldn't help myself, the objective meter when out the window.......

Although I have no experience as the s***er I have found being the s***ed to be not altogether unpleasant. There is usually, I have found, some expectation of reciprocity.

#19New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 16:33:50
@JorieJukebox Said

Religion is a label put on faith.
How can it be faith if you have to put a label on it?

I do not understand.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#20New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 21:42:46
@LuckyCharms Said

I don't think I've ever heard it put quite that succinctly but I can't say I disagree.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have been so rude about it. Millions of people subscribe to one of the big 3. I'm a sort of history buff to a minor degree and history is just littered with pain, misery, death, and agony, all in the sake of some religious crusade of some sort.

I'm probably agnostic, if I were to label myself. I do at times find myself sorta envious of the believers. It must give them some sort of comfort on some level.

IDK, I get that scripture is at times not to be taken literally, and there actually is some good in some of the texts.

It's just people come along and sort muck it all up.

I've often said that Christianity is Ok, it's the damn Christians that grate my nerves.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#21New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 21:52:42
@Ratty Said

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have been so rude about it. Millions of people subscribe to one of the big 3. I'm a sort of history buff to a minor degree and history is just littered with pain, misery, death, and agony, all in the sake of some religious crusade of some sort.

I'm probably agnostic, if I were to label myself. I do at times find myself sorta envious of the believers. It must give them some sort of comfort on some level.

IDK, I get that scripture is at times not to be taken literally, and there actually is some good in some of the texts.

It's just people come along and sort muck it all up.

I've often said that Christianity is Ok, it's the damn Christians that grate my nerves.

I kinda liked your phraseology.

Dear Jesus, please save me from your followers.

Seen that on more than one bumper sticker. Often thought it is highly appropriate.

So Cal, California
#22New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 05:33:39
@LuckyCharms Said

I kinda liked your phraseology.

Dear Jesus, please save me from your followers.

Seen that on more than one bumper sticker. Often thought it is highly appropriate.

LOL, phraseology, funny word.

I struggle with faith and religion. My succinct views as vulgarly expressed earlier do have some caveats and again, I am somewhat jealous of the believers, as I've mentioned.

I'm an INTJ personality type, so hard data and logical facts are an important thing for me. Religion requires me to shut off about 3/4 of my brain to be able to get a decent buy in.....

Not sure how many people feel the same way, but whatever, it is what it is.

Faith is a tough one too, because it too requires by definition a certain level of buy in that again, not sure if I can't get my head around.

Things noodle around in this noggin of mine, once there are hard to displace.......
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#23New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 05:56:20
@Ratty Said

LOL, phraseology, funny word.

I struggle with faith and religion. My succinct views as vulgarly expressed earlier do have some caveats and again, I am somewhat jealous of the believers, as I've mentioned.

I'm an INTJ personality type, so hard data and logical facts are an important thing for me. Religion requires me to shut off about 3/4 of my brain to be able to get a decent buy in.....

Not sure how many people feel the same way, but whatever, it is what it is.

Faith is a tough one too, because it too requires by definition a certain level of buy in that again, not sure if I can't get my head around.

Things noodle around in this noggin of mine, once there are hard to displace.......

I agree with you here. I have trouble with faith & most definitely religion. I like First Nations spirituality as it leaves your experiences personal for insight & self-diagnosing without imposing or forcing on others.

So Cal, California
#24New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 06:05:37
@shinobinoz Said

I agree with you here. I have trouble with faith & most definitely religion. I like First Nations spirituality as it leaves your experiences personal for insight & self-diagnosing without imposing or forcing on others.

Without pandering I've often felt that the natives here seemed to be somewhat happy in their world views. They seemed to have a reverence for life the earth and appeared to be in harmony with nature, much more so than the European settlers that came here.

It's sad that they were considered "savages" by the whites coming to this continent. I'm forever embarrassed by that, but it is what it is at this point. I can't change history.

Like I posted, I can sport the spiritualy t shirt because I can get behind that mentality.

The s*** in the bible, IDK, I'm not sure if I'm buying those silly tales....

I believe Jesus was a good man just not sure about the other fables......
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 07:35:10
@Ratty Said

Without pandering I've often felt that the natives here seemed to be somewhat happy in their world views. They seemed to have a reverence for life the earth and appeared to be in harmony with nature, much more so than the European settlers that came here.

It's sad that they were considered "savages" by the whites coming to this continent. I'm forever embarrassed by that, but it is what it is at this point. I can't change history.

Like I posted, I can sport the spiritualy t shirt because I can get behind that mentality.

The s*** in the bible, IDK, I'm not sure if I'm buying those silly tales....

I believe Jesus was a good man just not sure about the other fables......

Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!

So Cal, California
#26New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 05:51:40
I think the south Dakota pipeline folks have lost faith..................

So Cal, California
#27New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 07:25:50
Religion is a mother f***er.

Gotta love that that s***........

#28New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 08:09:55
@Ratty Said

Religion is a mother f***er.

Gotta love that that s***........

Well, yeah...

Marta-incestual relationships are (as I understand it) socially unacceptable.

Pragmatic (of course) due to the problem of inbreeding.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#29New Post! Feb 25, 2017 @ 04:16:31
@Ratty Said

I think the south Dakota pipeline folks have lost faith..................

Still fighting. The press has up gone & left again.

So Cal, California
#30New Post! Feb 25, 2017 @ 07:41:12
Faith is hoping that the horse comes in...

Religion is knowing that you're f***ed and the horse didn't place.......
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs