Existence

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#1New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 01:13:54
Causality

Causality refers to the relationship between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect), where the second event is a consequence of the first event. (i.e., causality is a chain reaction)

Premise: The initial effect of the chain reaction was uncaused

If: the initial effect of the chain reaction of causality was uncaused

Then: nothing is the cause of everything

Premise: There was no initial cause.

If: There was no initial cause

Then: everything always was, is now, and always will be, albeit in different forms.

note: Past forms no longer exist and future forms do not exist yet.

note: the present is the only existence.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 01:31:01
I believe in an infinite universe.

The Infinite Universe Theory is gaining traction in some (many) scientific circles. As long as I can remember thinking on the topic I have believed in an infinite universe.

Some also believe in the Multiverse. I find this (these) ideas to be goofy at best.

Note: Past forms no longer exist, but may be replicated in the future (not altogether unlike fractals) and future forms do not exist yet, though they may well be represented in the past (not altogether unlike fractals).

#3New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 02:14:26
@chaski Said

The Infinite Universe Theory is gaining traction in some (many) scientific circles. As long as I can remember thinking on the topic I have believed in an infinite universe.

Some also believe in the Multiverse. I find this (these) ideas to be goofy at best.

Note: Past forms no longer exist, but may be replicated in the future (not altogether unlike fractals) and future forms do not exist yet, though they may well be represented in the past (not altogether unlike fractals).

Thanks
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#4New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 02:44:08
Could you give me an example of an initial effect of a chain reaction that was uncaused? please.

I'm not sure if nothing can be the cause of everything, so just trying to think more into it, incase i'm missing something.

Although isn't nothing actually something?

I'll let you answer them, before i confuse myself more
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 02:56:35
this thread is remind of ' star trek: the next generation 's episode was one crew member ( wolf ) was coming back from a contest on a federal planet. wolf in the shuttle come back, something happen to him. when wolf got back to enterprise, something odd happen to him. he remember that won third place in the contest. but the trophy said he won first place. wolf know he won third place. he go back to his quarters, and troy there and children. try tell wolf been married for long time, but wolf know he never been in sexually relationship before even interest that way. through the hour of tv show, slow wolf think he is doesn't belong on this enterprise. data starting figure this wolf and the wolf of data's time has switch somehow on the shuttle craft in flight. not only switch, there a time wrap bubble or time disturbance. that alter wolf's existence, that his memory are correct, but not data's time. data convinces picard, troy, riker, and jody, this data that are with, doesn't belong there. data find there is a ribble of time, fabric of time that has ripped in time. wolf has come through it. data told picard that wolf has to go back everything in time go back to normal. if it work, nobody know it is happen. so then go back to where the ribble of time. when they arrive the rip of time got much bigger. data's plan was put wolf back into shuttlecraft, and let him go the rip of time, and everything should be normal. the enterprise would follow wolf to the rip of time. that was the plan, so wolf in the shuttlecraft and the enterprise was following behind him. wolf was pulled into the tear of time and so was the enterprise. they found they had a big problem, because wolf accidently opened multi-universes all over the place. there were thousands of enterprises of this universes. data thought picard should talk other picards in their enterprises, and all their wolfs were all different, too. all datas agreed that wolf need to travels to the right enterprise that should seal all the multi-universes in their normal time. all datas figure which one enterprise was the right one for wolf to go back. wolf goes the right enterprise in own time. wolf is walking through hallway from the shuttlecraft, carrying a trophy that said he won third place. wolf is happy, but he told his friends about what happen to him, they believe him.

#6New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 06:31:01
H40: Could you give me an example of an initial effect of a chain reaction that was uncaused?

E: The big bang

H40 I'm not sure if nothing can be the cause of everything, so just trying to think more into it, incase i'm missing something.

E: I too am not sure that nothing can be the cause of everything. Actually I cannot imagine any way that it could.

And I too have this feeling that I am missing something. And ...and I have a feeling that those who know are laughing.

H40: ...isn't nothing actually something?

Premise: Nothing is something.

Erimitus:

~ good question. I do not know the answer. I suppose it depends on how we define the terms 'nothing' and 'something'.

Something, in this context, I would say, is a spatial. entity.

Nothing (i.e., no-thing) is the absence of any spatial entities.

Semantics'

Premise: Something (some-thing) is a spatial entity

Premise: Nothing (no-thing) is the absence of any spatial entities.

If: something is a spatial entity

and if: nothing is the absence of any spatial entities.

then: nothing is not something.

Premise: Matter (spatial entities) is condensed energy

Premise: energy is rarefied matter (i.e., not a spatial entity)

If: matter (spatial entities) is condensed energy

and: energy is rarefied mater. (i.e., not a spatial entity)

Then: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing.

Premise: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing

Premise: matter (spatial entities) is something

Premise: energy (a non-spatial entity) and matter (spatial entities) are something

If: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing

and: matter is something

Then: energy is something.

#7New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 06:33:47
@twilitezone911 Said

this thread is remind of ' star trek: the next generation 's episode was one crew member ( wolf ) was coming back from a contest on a federal planet. wolf in the shuttle come back, something happen to him. when wolf got back to enterprise, something odd happen to him. he remember that won third place in the contest. but the trophy said he won first place. wolf know he won third place. he go back to his quarters, and troy there and children. try tell wolf been married for long time, but wolf know he never been in sexually relationship before even interest that way. through the hour of tv show, slow wolf think he is doesn't belong on this enterprise. data starting figure this wolf and the wolf of data's time has switch somehow on the shuttle craft in flight. not only switch, there a time wrap bubble or time disturbance. that alter wolf's existence, that his memory are correct, but not data's time. data convinces picard, troy, riker, and jody, this data that are with, doesn't belong there. data find there is a ribble of time, fabric of time that has ripped in time. wolf has come through it. data told picard that wolf has to go back everything in time go back to normal. if it work, nobody know it is happen. so then go back to where the ribble of time. when they arrive the rip of time got much bigger. data's plan was put wolf back into shuttlecraft, and let him go the rip of time, and everything should be normal. the enterprise would follow wolf to the rip of time. that was the plan, so wolf in the shuttlecraft and the enterprise was following behind him. wolf was pulled into the tear of time and so was the enterprise. they found they had a big problem, because wolf accidently opened multi-universes all over the place. there were thousands of enterprises of this universes. data thought picard should talk other picards in their enterprises, and all their wolfs were all different, too. all datas agreed that wolf need to travels to the right enterprise that should seal all the multi-universes in their normal time. all datas figure which one enterprise was the right one for wolf to go back. wolf goes the right enterprise in own time. wolf is walking through hallway from the shuttlecraft, carrying a trophy that said he won third place. wolf is happy, but he told his friends about what happen to him, they believe him.

I hate when that happens
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 11:04:31
Quote:

yuh huh.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 12:35:44
Fractals are cool, me thinks.

#10New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 12:44:26
@Erimitus Said

H40: Could you give me an example of an initial effect of a chain reaction that was uncaused?

E: The big bang

H40 I'm not sure if nothing can be the cause of everything, so just trying to think more into it, incase i'm missing something.

E: I too am not sure that nothing can be the cause of everything. Actually I cannot imagine any way that it could.

And I too have this feeling that I am missing something. And ...and I have a feeling that those who know are laughing.

H40: ...isn't nothing actually something?

Premise: Nothing is something.

Erimitus:

~ good question. I do not know the answer. I suppose it depends on how we define the terms 'nothing' and 'something'.

Something, in this context, I would say, is a spatial. entity.

Nothing (i.e., no-thing) is the absence of any spatial entities.

Semantics'

Premise: Something (some-thing) is a spatial entity

Premise: Nothing (no-thing) is the absence of any spatial entities.

If: something is a spatial entity

and if: nothing is the absence of any spatial entities.

then: nothing is not something.

Premise: Matter (spatial entities) is condensed energy

Premise: energy is rarefied matter (i.e., not a spatial entity)

If: matter (spatial entities) is condensed energy

and: energy is rarefied mater. (i.e., not a spatial entity)

Then: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing.

Premise: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing

Premise: matter (spatial entities) is something

Premise: energy (a non-spatial entity) and matter (spatial entities) are something

If: matter and energy are different forms of the same thing

and: matter is something

Then: energy is something.

meaning ,nothing is something ?

There was an experiment a few years back, that sucked "everything" out of a room and they found there was still something. I've been looking but can't find it, I'll post it if i come across it. I don't remember the details though.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#11New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 12:51:08
@Hitting40 Said

There was an experiment a few years back, that sucked "everything" out of a room and they found there was still something. I've been looking but can't find it, I'll post it if i come across it. I don't remember the details though.

I believe you're thinking of my ex. And what was left was drama.

#12New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 12:54:15
@boxer Said

I believe you're thinking of my ex. And what was left was drama.

she isn't related to mine by any chance is she

#14New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 14:22:26
@Hitting40 Said

meaning ,nothing is something ?

Meaning it depends on how we define something and nothing.

semantics

#15New Post! Mar 21, 2015 @ 15:30:21
@Erimitus Said

Meaning it depends on how we define something and nothing.

semantics

arrr.. I see
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs