Forums: Gaming:
Video Games

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two/Power of Illusion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
NeonNerd On July 26, 2012

Neonville, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:45:52
First of all for those who have a Wii and have never heard or played the original Epic Mickey, I highly recommend the game. It is one of those third party games that are rare. The rarity being that the game is a gem and not just a mini game collection or just slapped together to make a profit like many third party games on the Nintendo Wii.

Now I have opened up with a sales pitch as such I want to address the people who have managed to play the original Epic Mickey. It was confirmed on March 21, 2012 that their will be a sequel to Epic Mickey titled Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

Although there is not a great deal of information about regarding this game it has been revealed that the game will feature voice acting and musical numbers, something that was missing from the original game and was one of the problems some critics had with regards to the game. There will also be a drop-in drop-out co-op feature in the game where you can play as Mickey or Oswald in co-op mode. If you fancy playing it in single player you will take the role of Mickey and Oswald will follow you through the game.

The game is scheduled to be released in September 2012 and will be available on the Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. I don't usually like to hype games, but I can be this being a huge hit when it is released, provided they can keep it as close to the original while adding things that where missing from the first game.

However their is another Epic Mickey title in development and this one I have to say I am more excited about. Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion is being developed for the 3DS.

While this game does scream some sort of handheld sequel to the Epic Mickey games, the similarities are only in name only. The game is a spiritual sequel to Mickey: Castle of Illusion released on the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive (Another game I recommend to people).

The game is a 2D platforming game similar to the original 16 bit Genesis game, however due to the 3DS power the backgrounds have been layered to take advantage of the 3DS 3D aspect.

As a fan of the original Mickey of Illusion games (Castle, Land and World of Illusion) I am very excited to see what the 3DS sequel has to offer and I really hope they can bring back the magic I felt from the 2D platforming games from the Genesis.

So what do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing these games? What would you like to see from these games?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs