News & Current Events

Employer discrimination....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! May 03, 2021 @ 16:05:42
....against those who have not been vaccinated is now officially illegal in Florida .

Which is fine....

...but...

....the same measure originally had an amendment, adding that employer discrimination against those who are vaccinated should also be illegal....which (of course!) would be consistent with the rest of the bill.

That part was shot down.

Look, I know it’s Monday, so go ahead and take another sip of the coffee and take a few minutes here....I’ll wait.

Yes....

...it is illegal to discriminate against someone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated BUT perfectly fine for an employer to discriminate against one who does simply want to practice safety and get vaccinated.

Okay, you say, the amendment was just unnecessary because no employer would actually put it in practice.

Think again.

Okay, you finally say...it’s Florida but...

HAVE PEOPLE LITERALLY GONE INSANE????!?!?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! May 03, 2021 @ 18:16:19
@Leon Said

Not only have they gone insane, they are running schools:

Centner stood by the decision Tuesday in a statement sent to The Associated Press, which featured the biologically impossible claim that unvaccinated women have experienced miscarriages and other reproductive problems just by standing in proximity to vaccinated people.

Centner and her husband David Centner started the school in 2019 after moving to Miami from New York. The school's website promotes "medical freedom" from vaccines and offers to help parents opt out of vaccines that are otherwise required for students in Florida.

But, being a private school, let the crazies attract the crazies.

And then in 10-15 years, the kids have a legitimate claim to blaming their parents for their problems.
Darkman666 On March 27, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 03, 2021 @ 21:31:10
i remember reading about a couple of companies encouraging their employees to get the vaccination. remember, the beginning of the year, when four groups that you had to be in the shots in certain groups. right now, i heard it is not mandatory to employee to the shot to work a company.

i have read that in the union, even now, by religion reasons, you use your religion not to get the shots. but you have get paperwork by church or whoever that you protect by your religion to keep your job.(this came from from little section in union handbook, in general. but did not include, this virus vaccination. something, that sumpreme court will have address one day in the future.)

i guess this above, could be under employer discrimination, of your religion beliefs. one of these days, they will have a mandatory vaccatination clause in employment to hire or fire someone.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#4New Post! May 04, 2021 @ 13:49:08
@Leon Said

....against those who have not been vaccinated is now officially illegal in Florida .

Which is fine....

...but...

....the same measure originally had an amendment, adding that employer discrimination against those who are vaccinated should also be illegal....which (of course!) would be consistent with the rest of the bill.

That part was shot down.

Look, I know it’s Monday, so go ahead and take another sip of the coffee and take a few minutes here....I’ll wait.

Yes....

...it is illegal to discriminate against someone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated BUT perfectly fine for an employer to discriminate against one who does simply want to practice safety and get vaccinated.

Okay, you say, the amendment was just unnecessary because no employer would actually put it in practice.

Think again.

Okay, you finally say...it’s Florida but...

97% survival rate for all people. That means only 3% of the people who get sick with COVID are going to die.

Those are great odds.

That's for doing nothing. No social distancing, no quarantines.

I wear the mask to push off from the most paranoid person in the room---and that's it.

Florida is the place to be. Keep up the great work DeSantis.

San Diego, California
#5New Post! May 04, 2021 @ 16:01:56
@gakINGKONG Said

97% survival rate for all people. That means only 3% of the people who get sick with COVID are going to die.

Those are great odds.

That's for doing nothing. No social distancing, no quarantines.

I wear the mask to push off from the most paranoid person in the room---and that's it.

Florida is the place to be. Keep up the great work DeSantis.

Great.

And this has nothing to do at all with what I ranted about above.

If anything, your point is about freedom to do what you want, which is what I am ranting that the bill above proactively FAILED to do for one side:

You don’t want to get vaccinated? Excellent, we will protect you from discrimination and harassment.

Want to get vaccinated? Sorry, you’re on your own bud, you don’t get the same protection.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! May 04, 2021 @ 19:27:31
It's not just about the mortality rate.

Ask the health professionals.

San Diego, California
#7New Post! May 04, 2021 @ 23:58:15
@mrmhead Said

It's not just about the mortality rate.

Ask the health professionals.

Don’t worry about it.

It’s all about their freedom to do unto others.

Regardless of whether the others want it or not.

And apparently in blatant disregard to the freedoms of others.
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 02:06:32
My freedoms are my freedoms and I'll be damned if you're going to take them from me!

On the other hand, your freedoms are leftist liberal snowflake crybaby s*** so you can piss off!

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 03:01:34
The highest mortality rate of our worst pandemic on record was the 1918 Spanish flu. it was at right around 2%.

That means it 98% survived... with COVID at a 97% survival rate, either people can't science, or they just don't give a f***.

San Diego, California
#10New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 03:35:49
@DiscordTiger Said

The highest mortality rate of our worst pandemic on record was the 1918 Spanish flu. it was at right around 2%.

That means it 98% survived... with COVID at a 97% survival rate, either people can't science, or they just don't give a f***.

science?

That ship sailed long ago.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#11New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 03:45:27
@Leon Said

science?

That ship sailed long ago.

I contemplated writing Math. but yeah lol

San Diego, California
#12New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 03:55:54
@DiscordTiger Said

I contemplated writing Math. but yeah lol

math?

“We won. We won in a landslide. This was a landslide.”

San Diego, California
#13New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 06:36:13
Kidding aside, I’m not clear on where you got the numbers you posted on the Spanish Flu. Not saying you’re wrong, but do let me know what I’m doing or seeing wrong here:

Research on my end has the following numbers:

Spanish Flu:

Worldwide case rate: 500 million out of 1.5 billion population = 33% case rate
Worldwide survival rate (estimate range): 17 million to 100 million deaths out of 500 million cases = 80-97% survival rate
Worldwide mortality rate (estimate range): 17 million to 100 million deaths out of 1.5 billion population = 1-6% mortality rate
USA case rate: 30 million out of 100 million population = 30% case rate
USA survival rate 850,000 deaths out of 30 million cases = 97% survival rate
USA mortality rate 850,000 deaths out of 100 million population = 0.85% mortality rate

COVID-19 (to date):

Worldwide case rate: 150 million out of 7.5 billion population = 2% case rate
Worldwide survival rate: 3 million deaths out of 150 million cases = 98% survival rate
Worldwide mortality rate: 3 million deaths out of 7.5 billion population = 0.04% mortality rate
USA case rate: 33 million out of 333 million population = 10% case rate
USA survival rate: 600,000 deaths out of 33 million cases = 98% survival rate
USA mortality rate: 600,000 deaths out of 333 million population = 0.2% mortality rate

By all measures, the Spanish Flu was deadlier.

However, both were far deadlier than the seasonal flu:

Worldwide infection rate (yearly average): 1 billion out of 7.5 billion population = 13% case rate
Worldwide survival rate (yearly average): 425,000 deaths out of 1 billion cases = 99.95% survival rate
Worldwide mortality rate (yearly average): 425,000 deaths out out of 7.5 billion population = 0.006% mortality rate
USA case rate (yearly average): 30 million out of 320 million population = 9% case rate
USA survival rate (yearly average): 36,000 deaths out of 30 million cases = 99.9% survival rate
USA mortality rate (yearly average): 36,000 deaths out of 320 million population = 0.01% mortality rate

Spanish Flu Data
COVID-19 Data
Worldwide Seasonal Flu Data
USA Seasonal Flu Data

San Diego, California
#14New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 07:03:57
Never mind. I see it now. The USA deaths of the Spanish flu are estimated to be between 500,000 and 850,000, not set at 850,000, making it potentially bit less deadly than COVID-19, at least in the USA.

Not to mention that medicine is much more advanced today than it was back then. (Can you imagine if COVID-19 hit us 100 years ago? )

At any rate, both lap the seasonal flu and then some.

The bubonic plague was the deadliest in history worldwide.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 07:31:29
lol, a I was just going to say we are using similar numbers I just rounded. becuase i was too lazy to look it up tonight. and our meant US, which did't have as many "pandemics" as Europe... so my math was also a little manipulated... Because statistics. Most of the rigt win talking points are that Covid was nothing compared to the Spanish Flu, but yet it might actually end up worse. Its pretty damn close compared to 2 years of the spanish flu is about the same rate of 1 year of COVID.

Covid may or may not of "gone global" as quickly 100 years ago. Our numbers are high, and im not saying it isn't bad, becuase I truly (and sadly) believe that when everything is said and done and history looks back on us, it will be worse than the Spanish flu...

But covid is spread out a few cases everywhere, rather than entire towns decimated. I think that makes it "seem not so bad". Dispersed pockets don't seem as much as a concentrated center, but over 500,000 dead is a lot.

Though our local hospital (the small county one by my house, not the level one trauma center) treated and released 470ish cases. They didn't have a number that were not sucessfully released, as it was supposed to be an inspirational sign.

(my Husband ended up doing a week in the hospital again last month, not COVID related, but it was still impacting all of their procedures as they had active cases. We even hit a point where we hit emergency, yes we can turn someone away if we can't save them, over the winter, luckily those orders expired before, my husband got septic. He didn't require ICU this time, but only because I called 911 with an hour of the fever, instead of the typical 2-4 hours it takes when I'm not working at home. We did a lot more home health this time, becuase it seemed safer, even though I'm like the worlds s***tiest nurse/caregiver.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs