Election 2020

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 · >>
Darkman666 On about 10 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#916New Post! Nov 15, 2020 @ 22:05:52
@mrmhead Said

Weren't The Watchers those enigmatic dudes from Fringe?

I forgot the watchers from the
Fringe, I do remember when they fazed in and out of time to robbed banks.

Marvel's the watchers in fantastic four, they can't infer with other cultures.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#917New Post! Nov 18, 2020 @ 13:18:02
Firing top officials
Pulling troops from ME against recommendations
Wanting to bomb Iran
Refusing to cooperate with the transition
Who knows what other sabotage he's gonna pull.

Anyone ready for the 25th yet?
Or do we need to wait for the mushroom cloud?
Darkman666 On about 10 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#918New Post! Nov 18, 2020 @ 19:04:27
Sound like an average day at white house to me!
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#919New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 17:03:26
Mr Trump, you'll have to call it by December 6th.

It's great that the irregularities are exposed and I'm hoping reforms are put in place.

Dirtbags cut corners and violated their own rules. They'll need to be reminded of this daily. You fight harder than most in the Republican party . . . but I don't think it will be enough this time.

Open and honest elections are the hallmark of a free ("free" ) society. Once that's gone, we might as well go back to a banana republic style gubment or something.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#920New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 17:18:27
@gakINGKONG Said

It's great that the irregularities are exposed and I'm hoping reforms are put in place.

Dirtbags cut corners and violated their own rules. They'll need to be reminded of this daily. You fight harder than most in the Republican party . . . but I don't think it will be enough this time.

Open and honest elections are the hallmark of a free ("free" ) society. Once that's gone, we might as well go back to a banana republic style gubment or something.

It seems Mr Trump sees no irregularities at all where he was the victor, yet sees multitudes where Joe Biden triumphed.

Again, the man who deemed the whole election reasonably secure has been sacked by Mr Trump. Such sackings (of those who dare contradict those at the top) are of course typical of banana republics all over the world.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#921New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 18:33:06
What a clusterf*** in Michigan eh? It’s not even one of the close ones - Biden won by 150,000 votes. But somehow the GOP leaders are allowing themselves to be politically influenced. What an embarrassment.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#922New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 18:47:25
@gakINGKONG Said

I agree.

Registration should be automatic and voting mandatory, uniform in nature, and done away with frivolous requirements for proper submission that many simply do not have the patience to understand. A voter identification card should replace registration, and should be free of charge, paid for by tax penalties administered upon those who do not vote.

NE, Ohio
#923New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 18:59:11
@Leon Said

What a clusterf*** in Michigan eh? It’s not even one of the close ones - Biden won by 150,000 votes. But somehow the GOP leaders are allowing themselves to be politically influenced. What an embarrassment.

I heard a comment on the news this morning that said the GOPers were "Bullied" into approving the vote. I don't know who's words those were, but it sure sounds like the sore-loser crybaby GOPers.

And then one of them got a call from trump because "he was concerned for her safety" ... yeah, right.

More fun to come!
The next step in Michigan is for the state's Board of Canvassers to certify the election results, which is scheduled for next week. That board includes two Republicans and two Democrats, and the spouse of one of the Republican board members, Norm Shinkle, filed an affidavit supporting the Trump campaign's Michigan lawsuit.

And then we get to see if the Electors go off the rails.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#924New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 20:20:42
@Leon Said

I agree.

Registration should be automatic and voting mandatory, uniform in nature, and done away with frivolous requirements for proper submission that many simply do not have the patience to understand. A voter identification card should replace registration, and should be free of charge, paid for by tax penalties administered upon those who do not vote.

Whatever the faults of the various democratic nations around the world, I still believe that "Democracy" as such is the best form of Government. Elected representatives with as wide an electorate as possible.

I was once against compulsory voting, but given the extent of voter "suppression" now being exercised I now think making voting mandatory would be a safeguard against any further attempts at suppression.

Seriously, I would have "None of the above" on every card. This allows for the powers that be to be made aware of what could be called apathy, a barometer now only measured by low turnout.

On a slight tangent, I wonder about the Electoral College system. I would have thought some sort of proportional elector system would be fairer. i.e. a state voting 60/40 Dem/Rep would split the electors 6 to 4. However, I'm not very genned up on the various pros and cons or the reasons for the current system of allocation.

NE, Ohio
#925New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 20:57:04
@dookie Said

Whatever the faults of the various democratic nations around the world, I still believe that "Democracy" as such is the best form of Government. Elected representatives with as wide an electorate as possible.

I was once against compulsory voting, but given the extent of voter "suppression" now being exercised I now think making voting mandatory would be a safeguard against any further attempts at suppression.

Seriously, I would have "None of the above" on every card. This allows for the powers that be to be made aware of what could be called apathy, a barometer now only measured by low turnout.

On a slight tangent, I wonder about the Electoral College system. I would have thought some sort of proportional elector system would be fairer. i.e. a state voting 60/40 Dem/Rep would split the electors 6 to 4. However, I'm not very genned up on the various pros and cons or the reasons for the current system of allocation.

I'm somewhere between mandatory voting, and passing a test before getting your voter card.

I thought there was one or two states that allow for proportional Electoral voting, rather than the all or nothing system of most states.

NE, Ohio
#926New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 21:08:24
When I went to vote, I saw a license plate that was expired.
I also saw a plate from out of state!!

Voter Fraud!
ILLEGAL VOTING
BALLOT STUFFING!!!

I think all of the votes, and electoral college votes from Ohio should be thrown out, or flipped to BLUE!!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#927New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 21:17:00
And trumpsterf*** filed suit against one of the Nevada electors. To try and prevent her from doing her duty.

And also because he apparently hates nasty navy vets.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#928New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 21:22:20
@mrmhead Said

I'm somewhere between mandatory voting, and passing a test before getting your voter card.

I thought there was one or two states that allow for proportional Electoral voting, rather than the all or nothing system of most states.

Just did a bit of googling after seeing your post and read that Maine and Nebraska use a proportional method.
chaski On 23 minutes ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#929New Post! Nov 19, 2020 @ 23:52:29
@mrmhead Said

When I went to vote, I saw a license plate that was expired.
I also saw a plate from out of state!!

Voter Fraud!
ILLEGAL VOTING
BALLOT STUFFING!!!

I think all of the votes, and electoral college votes from Ohio should be thrown out, or flipped to BLUE!!

In our system of voting for president.

1. The GOP (aka Republicans) only need to win 270 (or more) Electoral votes to win, and the win is the greatest win every and a National mandate. A popular vote majority is not needed.

2. If the Democrats win both 270 (or more ) Electoral votes AND get a popular vote majority, the election is fraudulent.

Quit crying and suck it up you liberal snowflakes... just admit that Trump won!

Makes perfect sense to me, I wouldn't have it any other way.

NE, Ohio
#930New Post! Nov 21, 2020 @ 03:09:18
@mrmhead Said

46th POTUS ...

the final tally is 306-232, a landslide for the President-elect, who flipped five states and a congressional district in Nebraska from red to blue in 2020.

Welp ... Lost Again
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs