Election 2020

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...65 66 67 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#91New Post! Nov 22, 2019 @ 14:25:29
@gakINGKONG Said

How about prison reform? Anyone? The US has a serious problem with its incarceration of its citizens. We’re doing it wrong!

End the War on Drugs.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#92New Post! Nov 23, 2019 @ 00:11:23
@Leon Said

End the War on Drugs.

To what degree?

Abolish the ATF?

What about any or all controlled substances? Medicines that require a prescription?

What about big pharma and predatory drug companies?

What about the opioid addiction crisis?

Sometimes decriminalizing a thing won't alleviate the burden society bears.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#93New Post! Nov 23, 2019 @ 01:16:16
@gakINGKONG Said

Abolish the ATF?

You mean the DEA and the various narcotics squads in the various law enforcement organizations around the USA.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#94New Post! Nov 23, 2019 @ 14:50:45
@gakINGKONG Said

To what degree?

Abolish the ATF?

What about any or all controlled substances? Medicines that require a prescription?

What about big pharma and predatory drug companies?

What about the opioid addiction crisis?

Sometimes decriminalizing a thing won't alleviate the burden society bears.

Since the war on drugs began 50 years ago, incarcerations have gone up 500%, from 500,000 to 2,500,000, even though the U.S. population has only grown 50%. Blacks have been disproportionately the target, accounting for 55% of convictions and 70% of prison sentences even though they only make up 13% of the US population. 55% of black children in America live under single parent families as a result, compared to 25% of white children and 30% overall, and the median household income is $30,000 for blacks, compared to the national average of $60,000, perpetuating the cycle of crime (recidivism is at 67%), as well as creating a huge tax burden on Americans, not only in having to provide support for those families, either directly or indirectly, but in having to pay for the cost of incarceration itself, which is $30,000 per prisoner per year.

And is it working? Illicit drug use has remained steady in terms of percentage of users and in terms of inflation adjusted expenditure since data has been collected on this. Crime has risen, incarceration has risen, taxpayer cost has risen, and people are still gaining access to drugs and using just as much as ever before.

So maybe it isn’t working.

Shifting from incarceration to forced rehabilitation has proven to be much less costly and much more effective in places where it has been tried.

Legalization would of course remove the violent crime and force dealers to find ways to make legitimate ways to make a living and support their families for a change.

Regulation and education would put limits where needed, such as what we see with drinking and smoking.

This includes the opioid crisis. Regulation can end the practice allowing medical doctors to prescribe them beyond acute cases of pain, which has been the leading cause of addiction.

Just a few ideas, but there are many more...

, Florida
#95New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 01:04:53
Sure we can wait to replace RBG until after the election.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#96New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 01:51:13
@gakINGKONG Said

Sure we can wait to replace RBG until after the election.

So basically you are saying that you want her to die.. soon...

You are such a good Christian... loving and compassionate... the image of your lord and savior... I'm sure your god has a special place waiting for you...

... to get the gist of that, you should read Dante.

, Florida
#97New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 03:46:16
There once was a girl from Nantucket.

I'm sure she'll run for president too.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#98New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 04:38:17
@gakINGKONG Said

There once was a girl from Nantucket.

I'm sure she'll run for president too.

How quickly some forget the run up to 2012 & 2016 on the GOP side.... literally the same sort of limericks were being recited.

What's good for the goose GOP is good for the gander Democrats.

OH... and... ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR DONALD "JESUS CHRIST" TRUMP!!!!

, Florida
#99New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 15:08:03
I will be voting for the candidate who likes America most.

, Florida
#100New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 15:14:35
I think Quid-Pro-Quo had to be traded out for bribery because it's been too long since Silence of The Lambs and we can't use that movie as a training opportunity.

Wearing a size 14 woman suit is no longer a criminal offense and you can't prove to me otherwise, bigot.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#101New Post! Nov 24, 2019 @ 16:04:46
@gakINGKONG Said

I will be voting for the candidate who likes America most.

BS. You will be voting for your lord and savor & and draft dodging coward; Donald "Jesus Christ" Trump.

, Florida
#102New Post! Nov 27, 2019 @ 09:48:43
@Leon Said

Since the war on drugs began 50 years ago, incarcerations have gone up 500%, from 500,000 to 2,500,000, even though the U.S. population has only grown 50%. Blacks have been disproportionately the target, accounting for 55% of convictions and 70% of prison sentences even though they only make up 13% of the US population. 55% of black children in America live under single parent families as a result, compared to 25% of white children and 30% overall, and the median household income is $30,000 for blacks, compared to the national average of $60,000, perpetuating the cycle of crime (recidivism is at 67%), as well as creating a huge tax burden on Americans, not only in having to provide support for those families, either directly or indirectly, but in having to pay for the cost of incarceration itself, which is $30,000 per prisoner per year.

And is it working? Illicit drug use has remained steady in terms of percentage of users and in terms of inflation adjusted expenditure since data has been collected on this. Crime has risen, incarceration has risen, taxpayer cost has risen, and people are still gaining access to drugs and using just as much as ever before.

So maybe it isn’t working.

Shifting from incarceration to forced rehabilitation has proven to be much less costly and much more effective in places where it has been tried.

Legalization would of course remove the violent crime and force dealers to find ways to make legitimate ways to make a living and support their families for a change.

Regulation and education would put limits where needed, such as what we see with drinking and smoking.

This includes the opioid crisis. Regulation can end the practice allowing medical doctors to prescribe them beyond acute cases of pain, which has been the leading cause of addiction.

Just a few ideas, but there are many more...

Legalizing what? Any and all recreational drug use?

What about corporal punishment? You do know that there are some countries that don’t have a drug problem right? This was my discovery over the summer. It was a bit startling to see an anti drug program that works. I do agree that simply imprisoning the population for drugs doesn’t do anything But create a sub class of citizens.

, Florida
#103New Post! Nov 27, 2019 @ 16:56:57
Why are there so many DEM presidential candidates? I don’t ever remember seeing this many people put there hat in the ring.

And they just keep coming. I think the one or two people that knew they couldn’t win dropped off but then like other people come in to take their place.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#104New Post! Nov 27, 2019 @ 17:14:20
@Leon Said

End the War on Drugs.

I hope someone does this. I feel like many presidents swept this under the rug.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#105New Post! Nov 27, 2019 @ 17:16:15
@gakINGKONG Said

Why are there so many DEM presidential candidates? I don’t ever remember seeing this many people put there hat in the ring.

And they just keep coming. I think the one or two people that knew they couldn’t win dropped off but then like other people come in to take their place.

You have a short memory.

In 2016 at one point there were 22 republican candidates who had entered the race.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...65 66 67 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs