Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 21 22 ...65 66 67 · >>
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#286New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 02:02:22
@gakINGKONG Said

One voter one Mail-in vote.... like the way our President votes... what’s good for him is good for us! Who's with me?

There fixed that for you.

Oh... and I’m in!
Darkman666 On about 17 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#287New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 03:00:15
@chaski Said

There fixed that for you.

Oh... and I’m in!

if we get this vote by mail ballot. will have bozo face and his stamp of approval. would that be against law, no campaigning. of course, bozo 's a** on front of the ballot envelope. i mean bozo's face, with him. you won't be tell the difference, because bozo might have a lot of hair on both cheeks of his ass.
Don1945 On February 08, 2021

Fort Myers, Florida
#288New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 05:00:39
@chaski Said

I honestly hope for the following scenario:

> Trump loses the popular vote by 3 million votes
> Trump loses the EC vote 227 (Trump) to 304 (Biden), exact opposite of 2016
> Trump claims voter/voting fraud and declares himself the victor.
> Trump has a tweet storm declaring fraud, fixed election, biggest hoax ever...
> FoxNews supports Trump 100%

At that point Republican politicians, the Executive Branch, our Armed Forces and the rest of the USA have to choose between the death of the USA as we know it (i.e. our version of "democracy" ) or the likely eruption of the USA into a civil war which would push the USA to either authoritarian rule or the division of the USA into numerous other countries.

Of course I want the USA to survive, but I am tired of the bulls***.... "we" need to be put to the ultimate test... united behind out constitution and democracy OR divided under Trump attempting authoritarian rule.

This election is going to be ugly as Hell, chaski. Trump is already signaling that he is not going to go away quietly, regardless of how bad he loses. What will be very interesting is how his equally corrupt Senate buddies react when the final count comes in. McConnell, Jordan, and the rest of those clowns will have to make a decision regarding how they are viewed and whether or not they stand with Trump or do the right thing.

I will bet good money that this election will be the strangest in our very long history. One reason Trump is going to try to hang onto his Presidency to the end is that he knows, once he is no longer President, he will not have the same immunity from prosecution that he has enjoyed for the past 4 years. He will be fair game for every investigation into his corruption and every DA in America will be going after his ass.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#289New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 13:43:28
This is my take on the 2020 election. Before covid 19 arrived i thought that the Democrats had virtually given up fighting for the next 4 years in the White House when Joe Biden was regarded as their favoured candidate. However, after the presidents 'poor' handling of the virus, and the riots/looting, this would seem like a golden opportunity for the Democrats. Unfortunately Biden's public performances have been a disaster. I wont list them here but anyone who has followed American politics recently will know what i'm referring too. I hate to say it but he is far too old to be considered as a suitable President, plus his mental health looks to be noticeably in decline. I'm actually concerned for him looking like a fool in the presidential debates. It's a pity that there aren't any fresh, exciting politicians with ambition and backing that could oppose the disaster that is Trump!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#290New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 15:58:21
@offbeat Said
It's a pity that there aren't any fresh, exciting politicians with ambition and backing that could oppose the disaster that is Trump!

There were, but in the past 5 decades they've either laughed at a joke that is now considered racist, or whistled at a young lady, and have been "cancelled".
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#291New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 16:10:51
@mrmhead Said

There were, but in the past 5 decades they've either laughed at a joke that is now considered racist, or whistled at a young lady, and have been "cancelled".

Maybe you are being slightly sarcastic or whatever, but there is truth in that. Obviously Donald Trump can do and say far worse and get away with it.

But times change. In the UK we had "Teflon Tony" - Tony Blair - (i.e. nothing ever stuck to him) but then his involvement with the invasion of Iraq has turned his name to mud. Maybe the Covid thingy has changed things, and maybe the Democrats could have gone with some sort of new face - even if they did smoke a joint on camera while in College.

Personally I don't see Joe Biden much, just don't follow things. He just looks pretty old when I do catch a glimpse.

london, United Kingdom
#292New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 16:46:37
@mrmhead Said

I'm aware of some of that, but how come Biden hasn't been rejected for similiar behaviour. He often misunderstands questions of his supporters and tells them to vote Trump. He told a black guy that if a black person voted Trump then he wasn't black. He offered a factory worker a fight after he asked a question. And there is also that weird thing he does with babies ( sniffing i think ). So how come he is still in the race. Trump is going to destroy him in the debates ... And that's saying something!

london, United Kingdom
#293New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 16:48:07
@dookie Said

Maybe you are being slightly sarcastic or whatever, but there is truth in that. Obviously Donald Trump can do and say far worse and get away with it.

But times change. In the UK we had "Teflon Tony" - Tony Blair - (i.e. nothing ever stuck to him) but then his involvement with the invasion of Iraq has turned his name to mud. Maybe the Covid thingy has changed things, and maybe the Democrats could have gone with some sort of new face - even if they did smoke a joint on camera while in College.

Personally I don't see Joe Biden much, just don't follow things. He just looks pretty old when I do catch a glimpse.

Have a look on you tube because he really creates some 'oh my god!' moments.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#294New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 17:12:24
@offbeat Said

I'm aware of some of that, but how come Biden hasn't been rejected for similiar behaviour. He often misunderstands questions of his supporters and tells them to vote Trump. He told a black guy that if a black person voted Trump then he wasn't black. He offered a factory worker a fight after he asked a question. And there is also that weird thing he does with babies ( sniffing i think ). So how come he is still in the race. Trump is going to destroy him in the debates ... And that's saying something!

I'm as stumped as you are.
Probably "Obama Nostalgia" drove a lot of it.
Darkman666 On about 17 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#295New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 17:15:19
@offbeat Said

with joe's sniffing babies, it probably more safety not to kiss the babies nowsdays. also, mean joe checking if the mother wash the baby that day that he sniffing the baby's hairs, if the hair clean.

london, United Kingdom
#296New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 17:46:22
@darkman666 Said

with joe's sniffing babies, it probably more safety not to kiss the babies nowsdays. also, mean joe checking if the mother wash the baby that day that he sniffing the baby's hairs, if the hair clean.

That would be a valid point except he was doing the sniffing before the virus arrived.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#297New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 17:47:22
@offbeat Said

Trump is going to destroy him in the debates ... And that's saying something!

I'm not well genned up on US Elections. How much scrutiny, even debates, can Joe Biden actually avoid if he wishes to do so?

Without going into details, Boris Johnson in the UK ducked virtually everything he could. (Well, I will go into one detail.......the time he hid in a fridge to avoid a news reporters questions!)

london, United Kingdom
#298New Post! Aug 06, 2020 @ 17:51:53
@mrmhead Said

I'm as stumped as you are.
Probably "Obama Nostalgia" drove a lot of it.

I imagine some senior Democrats are kicking themselves now the virus and the riots have weakened Trump. What a wasted opportunity, and, even if Biden managed to win then the USA wouldn't look good with such a guy in charge.
Don1945 On February 08, 2021

Fort Myers, Florida
#299New Post! Aug 07, 2020 @ 03:46:57
@offbeat Said

I imagine some senior Democrats are kicking themselves now the virus and the riots have weakened Trump. What a wasted opportunity, and, even if Biden managed to win then the USA wouldn't look good with such a guy in charge.

I think that we all say it is strange that in a country of 300,000,000 every election comes down to the lesser of two evils. Is there not a person out there who could run who we could feel really impressed by ?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#300New Post! Aug 07, 2020 @ 03:56:07
@offbeat Said

if Biden managed to win then the USA wouldn't look good with such a guy in charge.

a dying slug in a circle of salt withering in the blazing sun of the Sahara desert as president would make the USA look better worldwide than we do right now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 21 22 ...65 66 67 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs