Random

Education

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
deadguy On December 08, 2009

Bucuresti, Romania
#1New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 06:07:58
Most of you ppl go to school.....tell me if you manage to understand something, or if you feel that you are learning something new and useful.

I must admit....i think education is important....but when it comes to school my teachers just don't show enough interest...so that makes me loose interest....so most of the time I'm going to school to see my friends or not to get bored at home...

What would you need to make your education more rewarding, what would you want to help you learn and be all that you can be (damn army stole my line)
mosteverything On June 19, 2009

basically LA, California
#2New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 06:16:25
It could start with being cheaper! College is freakin' expensive! Even junior colleges are charging $26/unit, most classes are 3 units. To go to school full time at a Cali JC, and buy used books, you're spending about a grand a semester. FOR A JUNIOR COLLEGE!

Other than that, just focus on what you enjoy. Truth be told....you will most likely never use calculus, history, or chemistry in real life.
deadguy On December 08, 2009

Bucuresti, Romania
#3New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 06:20:03
how about teacher/student atitude ??

what should we change and what should they cange ???
mosteverything On June 19, 2009

basically LA, California
#4New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 06:36:34
I've been lucky enough to have always had teachers/professors who were generally pretty motivating. I did have one d***head though... Football is not the purpose for school Mr. Snider, you JACKASS. (Sorry, HATED him.)

Don't go there with a bad attitude, go there looking forward to coming back better, smarter, and more equipped to debate on TFS.
hopefull_moonlight On July 13, 2010

Miami, Florida
#5New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 06:46:17
I would truly appreciate it if teachers would show some motivation, and would actually teach something useful... I mean, we need some sort of model that tells the students that they are actually willing to teach, you know.
frna11 On June 05, 2006

Adelaide, Australia
#6New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 07:10:05
In Australia, the way they teach science is going down hill. I was talking to a woman who 50 years ago in year 8 learnt the same as her daughter learnt 8 years ago in year 12. Shouldn´t we be learning more complicated stuff as technology and science progress?
hopefull_moonlight On July 13, 2010

Miami, Florida
#7New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 07:13:08
@frna11 Said
In Australia, the way they teach science is going down hill. I was talking to a woman who 50 years ago in year 8 learnt the same as her daughter learnt 8 years ago in year 12. Shouldn´t we be learning more complicated stuff as technology and science progress?

Well, yes! I mean, come on, learning the same things over and over again, and continue to be the same throughout generations...that sucks. I mean, I hate school, but what the hell are we ever going to learn if things were to continue that way?
frna11 On June 05, 2006

Adelaide, Australia
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 07:50:32
yeah i know, and some subjects have just been made absolute crap, like instead of English we have Writing for publication, Film studies and stupid things like that
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#9New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 19:49:17
I learn a lot in school, and my teachers are good. I think I go to a good school, despite it being a public school. Think it's just as good as any private one.

I had one teacher last year, my math teacher, he was awesome. He had a kind, caring, energetic personality, but he was also a kickass teacher. I learned so much from him last year, and I always had fun in his class. I wish all my teachers were like that.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#10New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 19:53:53
To make the teachers motivated, we need to 1) Make sure the teacher wants to teach before we hire them and 2) Make sure they want to keep teaching well. Ever seen Office Space? It's like that - most teachers get paid s***, and they don't have that many benefits. Where's the motivation to work hard when you can barely survive? And I know of no teacher that survived simply by teaching. One of my teachers (a great one, too) has to work at a Safari's restuarant part-time, even though his wife works, too! Just to keep on living. We need to treat teachers as the wonderful and essential pieces of society that they are. Pay them more, for Christ's sake! They are much more important than a lot of other jobs that somehow earn a lot more than a teacher does! Ugh!!!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 19:56:47
Definitely. My mom is a teacher and has been for many years. A few years ago, she was working three jobs. She had her full time teaching job, a tutoring job, and she taught part time as a college professor. She has a decent salary now because she's been working there for many years, but I still think she deserves more. All good teachers do.

Deleted

#12New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 20:01:22
@annski729 Said
Definitely. My mom is a teacher and has been for many years. A few years ago, she was working three jobs. She had her full time teaching job, a tutoring job, and she taught part time as a college professor. She has a decent salary now because she's been working there for many years, but I still think she deserves more. All good teachers do.

Yeah, if they work for so long, they get good money, but starting out, they get the shaft. Wait . . . good money? I didn't mean that. I meant mediocre money.

We need to pay them more. Who deserves it more than the people helping to raise the new generation?
asmodean On September 15, 2007

Hampshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 20:03:00
What? Teachers in the UK get paid well. They don't need multiple jobs.

Deleted

#14New Post! Aug 21, 2005 @ 20:05:29
Well, in the US, they get shafted. Really shafted. They'd earn about the same working at Wal-Mart, I'd say. And they even have to work hard while not at school! Do you have any idea how long it takes to grade a day's worth of tests? Now imagine instead of a test, it's a five-page long essay . . .
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#15New Post! Aug 22, 2005 @ 02:55:57
@deadguy Said
how about teacher/student atitude ??

what should we change and what should they cange ???

at my school we get on with our teachers heaps well, you know its not just a student/teacher thing, we (well my class) actually get along and joke around with each other, we even went to our teachers grand final in rugby just for the sake of it, it was fun and we've been invited to her 40th (which is like in 10 years, but we're still invited, lol, yeah, thats actually why i enjoy going to some classes, just because our teachers are so funny, (well some of them anyweay, lol)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs