Edda James Disses Beyonce For Singing "At Last" To President Obama

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#31New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 17:27:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh I get it.......IMO...Edda the's TWIT.....old and bitter cause I just read she's mad cause they didn't ask her to sing 'her' song....she can go to hell as far as i'am concerned....besides...Beyonce has ten times the amount of music awards that Edda has...so where's the inexperience?

Beyonce has that amount of music awards, because most people, especially young people, don't have a clue what talent really is. All Beyonce had to do was dress like a 1 cent hooker and that was good enough. Back in Etta's day, it was a challenge for someone of her color to get a singing career. She couldn't just dress skimpy and have a deal handed to her.

Who knows, maybe Beyonce did something that isn't being talked about? You never know.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#32New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 17:39:08
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh I get it.......IMO...Edda the's TWIT.....old and bitter cause I just read she's mad cause they didn't ask her to sing 'her' song....she can go to hell as far as i'am concerned....besides...Beyonce has ten times the amount of music awards that Edda has...so where's the inexperience?

Awards aren't the same as experience.

Strangeville,
#33New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 17:42:38
@raditz8526 Said

Awards aren't the same as experience.

Very true.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#34New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 17:45:28
@perfectlystrange Said

Very true.

And Edda James has class and style, Beyonce is an over priced stripper.

Strangeville,
#35New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 17:46:20
@raditz8526 Said

Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#36New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:34:47
@perfectlystrange Said

Beyonce has that amount of music awards, because most people, especially young people, don't have a clue what talent really is. All Beyonce had to do was dress like a 1 cent hooker and that was good enough. Back in Etta's day, it was a challenge for someone of her color to get a singing career. She couldn't just dress skimpy and have a deal handed to her.

Who knows, maybe Beyonce did something that isn't being talked about? You never know.

You don't have a clue what talent is....f*** Edda James...she's not fit to wipe may ass.....
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#37New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:37:21
@raditz8526 Said

I bet's she got more money than your a** and she didn't get it stripping...she got it cause she's got talent....and I bet if you met up with J-Z her husband....you wouldn't say that to his face!! Now would you...?

Strangeville,
#38New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 20:50:36
@Spinkiegirl Said

You don't have a clue what talent is....f*** Edda James...she's not fit to wipe may ass.....

I'm pretty sure I have more of a clue about what talent is than you do. However, you're not concerned with talent. You're upset because she wasn't praising Obama.

@Spinkiegirl Said

I bet's she got more money than your a** and she didn't get it stripping...she got it cause she's got talent....and I bet if you met up with J-Z her husband....you wouldn't say that to his face!! Now would you...?

Are you sure he wouldn't? Come on, this is raditz we're talking about. He says lots of things to anybody.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#39New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 22:26:33
@hairsplitter Said

Someone dropped the ball, they should have talked to Etta James about it. After all she does have rights on the song or maybe not.

I don't think she wrote the song - I wondered the same thing. I've heard her version and it's truly beautiful. I do like Beyonce, but I doubt she could have improved on James' version.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#40New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 06:08:49
@Spinkiegirl Said

Of course I would. Not only would I do that I would keep my hands behind my back as he beat the crap out of me.....then I'd sue him for everything I could get and never work again.

Strangeville,
#41New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 14:25:45
@raditz8526 Said

Of course I would. Not only would I do that I would keep my hands behind my back as he beat the crap out of me.....then I'd sue him for everything I could get and never work again.

mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#42New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 20:19:40
@raditz8526 Said

ex morbidity obese heroin addicts have class and style?
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#43New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 20:35:39
oh btw, has anyone noticed the kudos recently (well for a good few months now).
its like a little war.

KKK (konservative kudo klan) against the WKK (Wiberal kudo klan)

say something bad against obama or something related to obama and the KKK spring into action too kudo that post, and mean while the WKK also spring into action too neg that post.
and vice versa

although it would seem the KKK is winning this topic, i guess the WKK are too busy planting trees or something lol
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#44New Post! Feb 09, 2009 @ 02:18:27
@Spinkiegirl Said

@perfectlystrange Said

I have to second perfectlystrange here. Awards have nothing to do with talent. I've watched as truely talented people get passed over for the popular choice. Very sad imo. Of course, also, talent is a subjective thing. I think that the Blues Brothers are one of the most talented musical acts out there, yet, there are people who are really into the Blues music industry would beg to differ.

I would give that Etta James would have much more expirience than Beyonce. I would, personally, say that she has more talent in her little pinkie than Beyonce has in her whole body *although, Beyonce's whole body is much smaller than Etta's pinkie, bad joke, I know*

Etta's wrong for over reacting, and Beyonce is wrong for...... leaving Desteny's Child
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#45New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 15:58:37
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://www.usmagazine.com/news/etta-james-how-dare-beyonce-knowles-sing-at-last Wow...just WOW!!! I can't believe these comments....how rude huh?

I agree...she is overreacting...she even said that Obama was not her president.....how foolish..

How right she turned out to be. Foolish is what it was to vote for hope and change and for someone because of the color of their skin.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs