The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Earthquake 5.8 just hit L.A. and south Calf..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
dickbell On December 17, 2008

Deleted

West Hayward, California
#16New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:33:54
@bobbimay Said
police are asking for people not to use their cell phones except for emergency in Calf.

That's right, You're not supposed to tie up emergency lines after earthquakes.
dickbell On December 17, 2008

Deleted

West Hayward, California
#17New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:37:35
@juansmith Said
uhm probably same reason why someone not native to tornado alley would complain. I was just asking I thought you lived in LA or something. My mistake. I'm actually fascinated by this. I wasn't complaining. but whatever.

Yeah, I guess you guys, don't get them as often as us, But I'm watching this guy on the news. He's on this hysterical rant about his house shaking. I'm waiting for him to cry.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#18New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:38:59
@d* **bell Said
Yeah, I guess you guys, don't get them as often as us, But I'm watching this guy on the news. He's on this hysterical rant about his house shaking. I'm waiting for him to cry.

aahh. I thought it was trippy . I'm usually out in the field doing training when earthquakes hit. this was my first inside my home. I thought I was like drunk because it was hard to move around.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#19New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:41:50
I do live in tornado alley and at the moment we are having some strong a** storms and anyone that has lived in this area knows to expect anything .
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:46:11
I Always wanted to go storm chasing 8)
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#21New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:48:31
@wildchild Said
I do live in tornado alley and at the moment we are having some strong a** storms and anyone that has lived in this area knows to expect anything .

I remember our roof being ripped off by a tornado. Now that s*** is scary.
Perv Magnet

#22New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:49:18
@kayxx Said
I Always wanted to go storm chasing 8)

I did too , until I actually got caught in the middle of one a few years ago. It was terrible I did'nt think we were going to survive it.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:50:56
@wildchild Said
I did too , until I actually got caught in the middle of one a few years ago. It was terrible I did'nt think we were going to survive it.

yeah the difference between a fantasy and a reality is often huge.
Perv Magnet

#24New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:54:38
@juansmith Said
I remember our roof being ripped off by a tornado. Now that s*** is scary.

I was at work a few years ago and they were givig tornado warnings. I was soposed to go to the grocery store after work but my husband at the time called and told me to come straight home. When I got there the storm was touching down all around us. My stupid ex husband wanted to run from the storm so we took off in the car. We kept and ear to the local radio station that always covers these storms play by play. They allow people to call in to the station to report damage and they air the calls. Someone called and said that our communtity had been hit. WE both just cried because we had just built our house and had'nt lived there for more than three weeks. After everything settled down they announced that residents only could go back into the area. We got to the store about two miles from our house and we were stopped by the fire department we gave them our address and they told us we could go to our property but to be prepared for the damage. OMG we got there and our house was sitting in the middle of the road. I guess my ex was not so stupid. We found toilet lids and everything else in our yard from miles away. It was just very scarry for us.
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#25New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 19:54:58
When I first moved to Texas I thought the tropical storms were pretty cool, that was until I bought a house and was no longer renting then they weren't so cool any more. When you don't have funds to lose there is a bit of excitement in mildly crazy weather.
speedtiger On February 12, 2011

Beijing, China
#26New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 07:09:31
Is 5.8 a big degree? It is not worthy of mentioning.China and Japan occured earthquake of more than 7.0, while China was so unfortunate and more than 100 thouthands of people were hurted and died. Now Olympic Games will be going on in China. let us wish all the best for China.
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#27New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 12:57:44
@wildchild Said
I was at work a few years ago and they were givig tornado warnings. I was soposed to go to the grocery store after work but my husband at the time called and told me to come straight home. When I got there the storm was touching down all around us. My stupid ex husband wanted to run from the storm so we took off in the car. We kept and ear to the local radio station that always covers these storms play by play. They allow people to call in to the station to report damage and they air the calls. Someone called and said that our communtity had been hit. WE both just cried because we had just built our house and had'nt lived there for more than three weeks. After everything settled down they announced that residents only could go back into the area. We got to the store about two miles from our house and we were stopped by the fire department we gave them our address and they told us we could go to our property but to be prepared for the damage. OMG we got there and our house was sitting in the middle of the road. I guess my ex was not so stupid. We found toilet lids and everything else in our yard from miles away. It was just very scarry for us.

that must've been freaky. I remember hearing our roof being ripped off. and beside a few bits of debris and broken glass everything else was intact I guess we were lucky.
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#28New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 12:59:01
@speedtiger Said
Is 5.8 a big degree? It is not worthy of mentioning.China and Japan occured earthquake of more than 7.0, while China was so unfortunate and more than 100 thouthands of people were hurted and died. Now Olympic Games will be going on in China. let us wish all the best for China.

not really but considering there hasn't been a tremor this big in 14 years and it caught everyone off guard. well it scared a few peeps.
nothingtodo On September 21, 2010

Deleted

#29New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 13:06:17
When I was 13 we were on vacation in Ca and there was an earthquake. We all slept through it but when I woke up I was confused as to why all the furniture was moved around - the bed, dresser - everything. I guess it was actually a pretty major one but we had spent the day at Disney Land, my family was all so beat no one woke up. My aunt that we were staying with said she almost woke us up to stand in the door frames?
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#30New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 13:41:38
@nothingtodo Said
When I was 13 we were on vacation in Ca and there was an earthquake. We all slept through it but when I woke up I was confused as to why all the furniture was moved around - the bed, dresser - everything. I guess it was actually a pretty major one but we had spent the day at Disney Land, my family was all so beat no one woke up. My aunt that we were staying with said she almost woke us up to stand in the door frames?

I had gotten a email the other day that talked about earthquacks. A guy had done research on the after math, He found it is better to sit next to an object, like next to a door frame, next to a table or what ever, because if the house crumbles its often the things your under that crush you, if people were balled up next to the items they would have held up just high enough to save the lives.
Its worth thinking about.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs