EU Demands Social Media Websites Censor “Fake News” Within 24 Hours

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#1New Post! Dec 06, 2016 @ 17:27:04
Lists it in the same context as jihadist propaganda

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com - December 6, 2016

The European Union is demanding that Twitter, YouTube and Facebook censor “illegal hate speech” within 24 hours, content that includes so-called “fake news,” a term so broad that it includes perfectly legitimate news content.

Complaining that censorship is currently taking too long, EU commissioners are threatening to pass new laws if the “non-legislative approach” fails.

“The last weeks and months have shown that social media companies need to live up to their important role and take up their share of responsibility when it comes to phenomena like online radicalisation, illegal hate speech or fake news,” EU Justice Commissioner Vera Jourová told The Financial Times .

The fact that the EU is characterizing “fake news” in the same context as jihadist propaganda is chilling. Former UKIP leader Diane James previously told Breitbart that the EU’s definition of hate speech, “Is so vague that it is the thin end of the wedge not just to curb hate speech but free speech as well,” adding that the issue should be decided by parliaments, not by the unelected EU Commission.

As we have exhaustively documented, the “fake news” controversy is being exploited by the mainstream media to characterize completely legitimate alternative news sources, including even left-wing news outlets critical of Hillary Clinton, as fake news.

Read More Here
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Dec 06, 2016 @ 17:34:46
@Sandrocksonic Said

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook censor “illegal hate speech”

“fake news”

I'm good with Twitter, YouTube and Facebook censoring fake news like the BS from InfoWars, which does NOT present legitimate news content.

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook are not government agencies.

They are companies and need to be concerned about their image and bottomline.

Censoring BS is perfectly legitimate.

By the way Sandy....when is Obama going to come and take away our guns, declare himself king, run for the office of President a 3rd time, turn our military against us citizens of the USA and/or turn ISIS on our military?

PS
Literally nothing you have posted since you joined TFS has turned out to be true.
Well done.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 06, 2016 @ 18:07:15
@Sandrocksonic Said

As we have exhaustively documented, the “fake news” controversy is being exploited by the mainstream media to characterize completely legitimate alternative news sources, including even left-wing news outlets critical of Hillary Clinton, as fake news.

I knew that Ping Pong Pizza thing was a false flag to get public opinion to turn against the non-mainstream (read not-gov't-controlled) information sources!
PatrickAnthony On January 05, 2017

Saskatoon, Canada
#4New Post! Dec 07, 2016 @ 21:50:55
I feel that there is a real need to do something about a lot of the fake news out there. I dont mean removing peoples memes from FB but rather punishing those who, and words are important here, WILLFULLY and KNOWINGLY spread false news stories, which has been a very real problem. I dont mean Alex Jones unfortunately, he believes everything he says to be true, so he dont count.
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#5New Post! Dec 12, 2016 @ 04:44:19
@PatrickAnthony Said

I feel that there is a real need to do something about a lot of the fake news out there. I dont mean removing peoples memes from FB but rather punishing those who, and words are important here, WILLFULLY and KNOWINGLY spread false news stories, which has been a very real problem. I dont mean Alex Jones unfortunately, he believes everything he says to be true, so he dont count.

Right He's been telling it like it is for years now and everyone stills calls him a lair even after he is proving right. The real fake news is the MSM (Main Steam Media) who have been lying to the people for years and anyone even Alex dare question them is labeled....... well you know what I'm going to say right?
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Dec 12, 2016 @ 05:28:21
@Sandrocksonic Said

Right He's been telling it like it is for years

Every one of InfoWar's predictions have turned out to be false...at least the ones you've posted here on TFS.

If "he's telling it like it is for years", shouldn't he have gotten at least one thing right?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs