Science

E=mc/2 and Conversion of Energy to Mass

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 03:25:49
We where studying creation in Philosophy the other day and I learnt something amazing.
With Einsteins theory of relativaty, E=mc/2, it's been proven that there are two things in
the
universe. Mass/Matter and Energy.
The world is made entirely up of these two things. Matter encompasses atoms, nuclei,
Quarks, etc.
It was said that through E=mc/2 it could be said that Energy can be converted to matter.

That is a collection of quarks. They form as groups of three. There are two way in which
they could be created:
They are infinite OR/
Where created by 'God'

Now, when one of those quarks are pulled from the rest, it will resist. But if you can tug it
far enough away it will snap free and dissapear. And I mean literally dissapear. There is
nothing left of it. That is physically impossible as there are a set amount of quarks in the
universe. Now; Upon breaking free of the other quarks, an imbalance occurs. So what
happens is that a new quark just 'appears'. Out of absolutely nothing. Just like magic.

Now, the thing which is happening is that this quark is not forming from nothing. It is
forming from energy. And when the quark is 'destroyed', it is in fact moving back into
energy. So essentially they are 'ceasing to be' all together in the sense of matter. Energy is
a state which is beyond matter and more often than not beyond our logic. How can
something come from nothing? That is physically impossible. But it is possible to convert
the energy that is around us (Theres an infinite amount of energy and an infinite amount
of matter) into matter. This essentially means that we don't need a God to prove
everything, such as the beginning of our universe. Things can essentially come from
nothing, assuming nothing (Energy) is eternal.

Okay, so now I have a couple of questions.
How does E=mc/2 prove this?
Lets say we harness the ability to 'create' quarks. Think, we could basically have anything
we wanted in instants. Just type in "Car" and it will aseemble all the quarks in atoms and
the atoms into what we need to create a car. We could essentially have Harry Potter style
magic.

I don't understand advanced quantum physics and mathematics on this scale but if anyone
wants to read more I'm pretty sure these sites have something to do with it
Wikipedia - Quarks
[url=https://www.ceptualinstitute.com/uiu_plus/necsi1video.htm]Ceptual Institute -
Quarks[/url]

Note: This is not all the information on quarks, etc. There are different sorts of quarks
(take note of the Up, Down, etc. On the quark picture) and alot to it. If you need
clarification on anything post and I can try to get an answer but to include everything
would take pages of writing

Now, taken from the words of the wise and mighty Tino, Discuss.
lunatic_on_a_megaphone On April 23, 2010

, California
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 03:56:17
ok, well I think that E=mc/2 proves that matter can come from energy and energy from matter because in the equations E stands for energy m stands for mass and c stands for the speed of light, therefore, if you were to convert X energy into mass you would make X/(c/2) mass. and yeah thats it.
fritz5150 On September 01, 2006

Deleted

Sterling, Colorado
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 05:03:30
You guys are on the right track with your thinking.
E=MC^2 stating that you can produce energy by accelerating mass at the speed of light squared. Now think of the energy / mass components of the equation in mathematical principles. We know that the equation must stay balaced on both sides of the equals sign. So as you produce more energy, you must conversely produce more mass. To produce Energy from Mass, you accelerate the mass at the speed of light squared. Therefore, to produce Mass, you slow Energy down by the speed of light squared. M=E / C^2
Everything in nature, or physics, or science, or quantum mathematics must maintain a balance. There can never be an out of balance situation in energy and mass due to a possible chain reaction series of events.

--Ok now my brain hurts!

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 05:35:57
Yeah my brain hurts either way

Thanks to both of you. I sorta get what your saying Lunatic but I do get what
Fritz is getting at. it's a complicated subject, aint it?
A question:
Could you acheieve an energy to matter transformation in an action of
Vibrating instead of travelling? Lets say it was in a machine that held it in
place and shook violently (Up to the speed of light) and you put an amount of
energy in there, would matter be able to come from there?

Now how can you do the reverse? If you can create mass from speed you can't
really make an "Anti-Speed" can you? Unless compression? Oh. I've already
answered my question.
So by the pulling of the quark we can create energy, but by the movement of
energy we can create matter?

Deleted

Sterling, Colorado
#5New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 05:56:44
You've almost got it darkshine... By the way, you are extremely bright for someone of your age. Maybe I've met my equal!
But for the equation to work, It's energy to mass, and mass to energy. When you start working with a negative component variable by introducing "anti-speed" You would have the equation E/M=C^2.
if C = any negative number then the square of C would still be a positive number. Example: -5 x -5 = 25 (a positive number). There is no way to arrive at an equation based upon these principles that would allow for an anti-speed element to be introduced.

Hope I clarified this for you!

--A mind stretched to new ideas can never return to it's previous shape..

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 05:59:37
Vaguely?So basically there is no such thing as anti speed? It's physically
impossible in our current logic?

, California
#7New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:00:46
Anti speed is impossible anyways

Deleted

Sterling, Colorado
#8New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:08:49
Anything is possible, even anti-speed, our limited understanding of the relationships between energy and matter prevent us from understanding it though. We only have a limted understanding of the quantum principles of mathematics necessary to explain that which is around us. What we view as anti-speed may just not be understandable in our current dimension. Another theory states that we only live in one of an infinite number of possible dimensions. What we view as reality is only relative to us. This goes farther into science fiction than science though.

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:09:33
To our current logic. Which inspires a new thread! Hoorah. Keep your eye on the
homepage, Booyeah!
And Anti-Speed as an expression. It may not in fact be movement at all, but in
fact something like Compression or whantot.

Note: In response to lunatic

, California
#10New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:14:56
I'm sorry, I should have said ",right?" at the end of my last post, but I'm turning over a new leaf from now on I choose to enjoy being proven wrong.

Here's an idea, if you stopped moving, like if you some how reached absolute zero, would you stop moving through time? and, if ther was such a thing as anti speed, wouldn't it send you backwards through time?

Sydney, Australia
#11New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:35:57
@lunatic_on_a_megaphone Said
I'm sorry, I should have said ",right?" at the end of my
last
post, but I'm turning over a new leaf from now on I choose to enjoy being proven wrong.

Here's an idea, if you stopped moving, like if you some how reached absolute zero, would
you stop moving through time? and, if ther was such a thing as anti speed, wouldn't it
send
you backwards through time?

There is no current "Right" or "Wrong" and were all inclined to disagree with that, so alls
good

Now, if you stopped moving entirely, the world would in fact move around you at a huge
speed. Think, how fast does earth move? Probably a few thousand kilometres a second/
minute, I honestly don't know. So you would essentially be going at that speed, as your
stuck
to the surface of the earth by the power of gravity. (But then again gravity would be
pushing
you downwards I guess you would move at whatever speed the universe around you
is moving.
So i guess we have to take in the following objects:
-Earth
-Solar System
-Galaxy
-Supergalaxy
-Black holes, etc. (And revelations )

But honestly I have nothing to support that. It's just my thinking. I still think that anti-
speed would be along the lines of compression but yes, thats how I'd answer your
question. Also I don't know if Complete Zero is possible

Sorry for lateness, lots a'happening.

, California
#12New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:40:58
I'm not saying like you could just sit down on your a** decide not to move and all the sudden you would stop moving through time, I'm saying that you absolutely stop moving, ever atom in your body stops and no part of you moves in any direction. Nothing effects you like gravity or anything. you stop moving entirely, would you stay in that same point in time?
jwasafrog On September 18, 2010

, California
#13New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:42:28
OH GOD! OH GOD!

I CAN'T FEEL MY BRAIN!

*pop*

Seriously, stop being so smart.

Sydney, Australia
#14New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:43:08

, California
#15New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 06:46:16
@jwasafrog Said
OH GOD! OH GOD!

I CAN'T FEEL MY BRAIN!

*pop*

Seriously, stop being so smart.

I was at camp with a kid who really loved talking about all this stuff, and so one of my other cabin mates asked him to please stop talking about such complicated stuff. I overheard this so I told my friend to lay it on thick with the science stuff so that the first mentioned camper would have no choice but to talk about science. all he ended up needing to say was "Why is the sky blue?"

sorry, funny story. had to share.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs