Law

Drunk Driving

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:21:23
Have you ever driven while drunk??? Have you ever lost someone due to drunk driving???
There's questions on the news right now concerning this state's laws pertaining to driving while intoxicated, and a lot of people don't think the laws are strong enough. My heart goes out to the victims and their families... it's so senseless! Not that other victims of other crimes are any less so... This is just at the top of my mind at the moment, as the news here is airing a special segment all about it.
As a new driver, and I imagine as law abiding drivers as well, it's f***ing scary to think who else is out there with a vehicle turned killing machine, because they chose to go out drunk... And a lot of THOSE people are repeat offenders! GET THEM OFF THE ROADS, MAN!!! So many things can go wrong with us SOBER drivers, we shouldn't have to think for those who have given thinking up!!!
I do like to drink... And I do like to drive... and I hope I remain smart enough to keep them SEPARATE!!! And I hope you do too!
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:35:37
My personal feelings are that drivers who drink and drive are the scum of the earth, they clearly have little or no regard for the safety and welfare of anybody but themselves. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver on her 21st birthday, she had gone out to celebrate, leaving her own car at home knowing she would be drinking, the woman who killed her was almost 3 times the legal limit and had an 18 month old baby in the back of a car, she hit a concrete street lamp so hard that it fell and crushed Natalie, she didnt stand a chance. I named my daughter after her. As far as im concerned, the legal alcohol limit for driving should be zero, studies have proved that even ONE alcoholic drink can impair your driving, besides, why the f*** would you want to take your car to the pub when you know you'll be drinking.... Selfish f***ers the lot of them.

Apologies if I sound a bit harsh, just speaking my mind.

Right Here, Not There,
#3New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:39:19
@Karma_Junkie Said

My personal feelings are that drivers who drink and drive are the scum of the earth, they clearly have little or no regard for the safety and welfare of anybody but themselves. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver on her 21st birthday, she had gone out to celebrate, leaving her own car at home knowing she would be drinking, the woman who killed her was almost 3 times the legal limit and had an 18 month old baby in the back of a car, she hit a concrete street lamp so hard that it fell and crushed Natalie, she didnt stand a chance. I named my daughter after her. As far as im concerned, the legal alcohol limit for driving should be zero, studies have proved that even ONE alcoholic drink can impair your driving, besides, why the f*** would you want to take your car to the pub when you know you'll be drinking.... Selfish f***ers the lot of them.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend! I agree 100 percent! I've lost numerous loved ones because of it. How hard can it be... Drinking??? DON'T f***ING DRIVE!!!
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#4New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:40:41
There should be stricter rules no doubt.
I am seeing the drunk driving and the hit and runs in the news and it is very sad to hear about the victim and their families.

There should also be stricter fines and punishment for it. Even if it is a minor case with no injuries or being found drunk driving, they should install the anti-lock/key breath system in the car. Who knows what would happen if they drink and drive again next time or after being issued the ticket that same day!
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#5New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:41:10
@Karma_Junkie Said

Sorry for your loss.

Right Here, Not There,
#6New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:52:23
@Ko Said

There should be stricter rules no doubt.
I am seeing the drunk driving and the hit and runs in the news and it is very sad to hear about the victim and their families.

There should also be stricter fines and punishment for it. Even if it is a minor case with no injuries or being found drunk driving, they should install the anti-lock/key breath system in the car. Who knows what would happen if they drink and drive again next time or after being issued the ticket that same day!

Absolutely! There's a state trooper on here saying that they have a goal of ZERO fatalities from drunk driving... but the year he gave was 2030... WTF???? That's TWENTY years in the future!!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Right Here, Not There,
#7New Post! Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:53:16
@jorie_13 Said

Absolutely! There's a state trooper on here saying that they have a goal of ZERO fatalities from drunk driving... but the year he gave was 2030... WTF???? That's TWENTY years in the future!!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

"On here" being the newscast I'm watching... Not anything that's been posted HERE, here, on TFS...
ItsCourtneyX On February 19, 2011

Deleted

Assville, Ohio
#8New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:06:49
Personally, I think if you get caught driving drunk once (and you didn't cause kill anyone), you should get all your driving priveleges permanently taken away.

If you get caught driving (and you did kill or injure someone), you should be locked up for the rest of your life and be forced to attend AA meetings.

It makes me sick that people who kill people because they were so stupid as to drink and drive get released from jail and are able to walk around and visit with friends and family while an innocent victim and their family is ruined forever.

I'd be a harsh president.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#9New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:11:43
Drunk driving is terrible.

And now there is a new peril on the road to add to it.

Texting and driving.

Many many reports have shown that people who text while driving are actually even more impaired than drunk drivers. Texting totally takes your mind and eyes off the road and makes you at SERIOUS risk for an accident.

Dont DRINK or TEXT behind the wheel folks. It is DANGEROUS! Lives are at stake. Your own, or others.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#10New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:16:15
I always like driving gocarts when Im smashed...but aint no body to kill in a gocart on the river. I have a buddy that just got his second DUI...in a camaro SS...Needless to say, I dont ride with him. Everyone makes mistakes, but hes gotten 2 and only had to pay about $5000 and a breathalizer in his car for 6mos. or a year. The laws are too soft...You get in more trouble for having pot in your house, than you do for being s***faced behind the wheel of a 2000lbs+ machine barreling down the road at 60+mph
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#11New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:26:14
@Coleosis Said

I always like driving gocarts when Im smashed...but aint no body to kill in a gocart on the river. I have a buddy that just got his second DUI...in a camaro SS...Needless to say, I dont ride with him. Everyone makes mistakes, but hes gotten 2 and only had to pay about $5000 and a breathalizer in his car for 6mos. or a year. The laws are too soft...You get in more trouble for having pot in your house, than you do for being s***faced behind the wheel of a 2000lbs+ machine barreling down the road at 60+mph

The laws are not soft in my state. You get caught drinking and driving you can kiss drinking goodbye that entire year. You have to get alcohol breath tests so frequent that there is no day of the week you could even have a few beers or you will blow over on the test. I have a buddy who is winding down the end of his sentence. He got ten days in jail, his car had one of those breatholizer things in it that he has used for a year, every ten minutes or so while driving he has to breathe in it, and that was after six months of no driving priveledge at all, and even then he could only drive to work. Asap meetings and AA meetings every week. No he had the book thrown at him. In my state there is a no tolerance rule for this.
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#12New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:29:43
No, but i drive when im stoned outta my mind, i find that i focus alot better

GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#13New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:30:22
@8FlOz Said

No, but i drive when im stoned outta my mind, i find that i focus alot better

I'd lock you up so fast your head would spin mister!
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#14New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:32:06
@GSnap Said

I'd lock you up so fast your head would spin mister!

im serious though. when i drive high i drive like jesus would if he were real
emily_rose On January 13, 2011

, Texas
#15New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 05:37:28
One of my neighbors died the other day due to drunk driving. I know the man who hit him was charged for manslaughter and was sentenced behind bars for a pretty long time. I think there should be no mercy for people who drink and drive. And even people who are high either. One of my best friends was riding with a guy who was high and they crashed and my friend, as sad to say, died that night and the driver lived. He too got charged for manslaughter at age 18 and thus behind bars now. People just need to wise up now and days and police need to watch more carefully instead of pulling people over who are going 5 miles over the speed limit.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs